Help a young NTer choose his first credit card

I've always used my debit card, but chase cancelled its ultimate rewards program for debit card users.

One of their employees recommended I get the Chase freedom credit card if I'm looking for rewards.

In terms of a credit card, I'm going to just pay it right away, and not deal with any of the fees and interest.  The employee told me that I can set up my credit card so that it draws directly from my debit account at the end of every month which is definitely ideal for me because I don't want to forget or anything.

I was just wondering if there are any other better options, or one with a better reward system, as well as any pointers when it comes to a credit card.

here's the link to chase freedom:
https://www.chase.com/onl....htm?CELL=6152&fle=1

Originally Posted by kiendienn

I've always used my debit card, but chase cancelled its ultimate rewards program for debit card users.

One of their employees recommended I get the Chase freedom credit card if I'm looking for rewards.

In terms of a credit card, I'm going to just pay it right away, and not deal with any of the fees and interest.  The employee told me that I can set up my credit card so that it draws directly from my debit account at the end of every month which is definitely ideal for me because I don't want to forget or anything.

I was just wondering if there are any other better options, or one with a better reward system, as well as any pointers when it comes to a credit card.

here's the link to chase freedom:
https://www.chase.com/onl....htm?CELL=6152&fle=1

same thing happened with me except i applied back in january and got declined. the guy said since it was over 6 months ago i can try to apply again but i dont want to risk getting declined again

at this point in the economy, you shouldn't be looking at the best rewards.

Get one with no annual fee and an into apr of below 10% (usually it'll be free or like 5%)

If you're a student try to get a student credit card they are more likely to accept your app, especially if you have an account with the bank.

*I'm assuming this is your frist credit card. If you go and apply n it gets declined, you are actually hurting your score.

Best card out there right now is the following...

Citi[emoji]174[/emoji] Platinum Select[emoji]174[/emoji] Visa[emoji]174[/emoji]

0% Intro APR on balance transfers and purchases for 21 months. After that, the variable APR will be 11.99%-20.99% based upon your creditworthiness.¹

Citi Identity Theft Solutions

$0 Liability on unauthorized purchases

http://www.creditcards.co...platinum-select-visa.php

Try to get into a local credit union and get a credit card thru them. I am with one and my interest rate is only %11

deshawn-stevenson-black-card.jpg

Get something with 0% intro APR for a good amount of time (12-24 months).

Then you're going to want a low APR after that.

I don't know if it helps but I told my credit card company I was only going to use my card for books and school stuff.

They gave me a 7-9% APR after the initial intro period.

Now I realize that is a good deal for a new college student with no prior credit history.

Back
Top Bottom