Help Haiti; take part in NikeTalk's first ever custom sneaker charity auction! BIDDING CLOSED!

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Methodical Management, May 18, 2010.

1. Methodical Management

Methodical Management Administrator Staff Member Co-Founder

[​IMG]

Have you forgotten already?  On January 12th, Haiti endured a massive earthquake, which reportedly claimed over 100,000 lives, left approximately one million people homeless, and caused incalculable damage to the nation's inhabitants and its infrastructure.  While the press coverage may have subsided, Haitians still need our support. 

To help, we at NikeTalk have teamed up with six immensely talented artists, the sneaker customization gurus behind Evolved Footwear, JGoods Custom Sneakers, 1of Customs, JBF Custom Shoes, and Revive Customs, to present NikeTalk's first ever custom sneaker charity auction. 

Each artist has generously donated a pair of amazing custom sneakers, designed specifically for this event.  You'll be bidding on the only pairs in existence. 

Normally, you'd hear something like "proceeds will benefit..." or "a portion of the proceeds will benefit" charity in events like this.  However, due to the generosity of these artists, the FULL 100% of your bids will go to Doctors Without Borders, in support of their ongoing efforts to rebuild Haiti's medical infrastructure, provide on the ground care and support, and further their courageous efforts around the world.

In addition, NikeTalk will go one step further by MATCHING your bids up to $1,000 per pair to help maximize our overall community contribution to this important cause.  

Below, you'll see all five items along with a brief description composed by the artist.  The last day to submit bids will be THIS Sunday, May 23rd.  After 12:00 AM EST on May 24th, we'll no longer accept bids and auction winners will be contacted. 

How do I bid?

We'll follow a silent auction format.  Just post here or send us an email with your bid: [​IMG]  Please be sure 1) your bid is greater than the current leader's and 2) you specify the item(s) you're bidding on. 

Please keep in mind that these shoes are one of a kind and are ONLY available in the size listed.

Do I need to be a NikeTalk member?

No!  You can bid by email.  We'll update this page periodically to reflect the current high bids, which will include those submitted via email.  If you win, we'll contact you by email to finalize your purchase and arrange for the shipping of your new, one of a kind custom sneakers.

Item #1

JGoods Custom Sneakers www.jgoodsonline.com
    Shoe: Nike Air Force 1 Mid Supreme Air Max CB
    Size: 12

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Description from JGoods:

2. Methodical Management

[​IMG]

Have you forgotten already?  On January 12th, Haiti endured a massive earthquake, which reportedly claimed over 100,000 lives, left approximately one million people homeless, and caused incalculable damage to the nation's inhabitants and its infrastructure.  While the press coverage may have subsided, Haitians still need our support. 

To help, we at NikeTalk have teamed up with six immensely talented artists, the sneaker customization gurus behind Evolved Footwear, JGoods Custom Sneakers, 1of Customs, JBF Custom Shoes, and Revive Customs, to present NikeTalk's first ever custom sneaker charity auction. 

Each artist has generously donated a pair of amazing custom sneakers, designed specifically for this event.  You'll be bidding on the only pairs in existence. 

Normally, you'd hear something like "proceeds will benefit..." or "a portion of the proceeds will benefit" charity in events like this.  However, due to the generosity of these artists, the FULL 100% of your bids will go to Doctors Without Borders, in support of their ongoing efforts to rebuild Haiti's medical infrastructure, provide on the ground care and support, and further their courageous efforts around the world.

In addition, NikeTalk will go one step further by MATCHING your bids up to $1,000 per pair to help maximize our overall community contribution to this important cause.  

Below, you'll see all five items along with a brief description composed by the artist.  The last day to submit bids will be THIS Sunday, May 23rd.  After 12:00 AM EST on May 24th, we'll no longer accept bids and auction winners will be contacted. 

How do I bid?

We'll follow a silent auction format.  Just post here or send us an email with your bid: [​IMG]  Please be sure 1) your bid is greater than the current leader's and 2) you specify the item(s) you're bidding on. 

Please keep in mind that these shoes are one of a kind and are ONLY available in the size listed.

Do I need to be a NikeTalk member?

No!  You can bid by email.  We'll update this page periodically to reflect the current high bids, which will include those submitted via email.  If you win, we'll contact you by email to finalize your purchase and arrange for the shipping of your new, one of a kind custom sneakers.

Item #1

JGoods Custom Sneakers www.jgoodsonline.com
    Shoe: Nike Air Force 1 Mid Supreme Air Max CB
    Size: 12

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Description from JGoods:

3. kingcrux31

kingcrux31 Moderator Staff Member

Let's go NT! [​IMG]

4. kingcrux31

kingcrux31 Moderator Staff Member

Let's go NT! [​IMG]

5. gottabdashoes

gottabdashoes

I'm all for helping people. However, there are over 600,000 homeless people in America. We need to worry about ourselves and take care of our own first.

6. gottabdashoes

gottabdashoes

I'm all for helping people. However, there are over 600,000 homeless people in America. We need to worry about ourselves and take care of our own first.

7. wearinthefourfive

wearinthefourfive

Wow, custom NT shoes.[​IMG]

8. wearinthefourfive

wearinthefourfive

Wow, custom NT shoes.[​IMG]

9. melovp

melovp

wow

[​IMG]

I'll enter the fray for $110 on Item #3

good *!%% NT

10. melovp

melovp

wow

[​IMG]

I'll enter the fray for $110 on Item #3

good *!%% NT

11. Methodical Management

Thankfully, a great many of us do believe in the kinship of all people.  For instance: even though the United States is one of the wealthiest nations in the world, international aid poured in following Hurricane Katrina. 

Tragedy knows no bounds - neither should kindness.

12. Methodical Management

Thankfully, a great many of us do believe in the kinship of all people.  For instance: even though the United States is one of the wealthiest nations in the world, international aid poured in following Hurricane Katrina. 

Tragedy knows no bounds - neither should kindness.

13. melovp

melovp

That sounds like a personal priority, but your making it into a national priority.

After the quake we sprung into action, right? And we're still contributing to Haitian relief efforts right?

What are you talking about?

14. melovp

melovp

That sounds like a personal priority, but your making it into a national priority.

After the quake we sprung into action, right? And we're still contributing to Haitian relief efforts right?

What are you talking about?

15. gottabdashoes

gottabdashoes

^Method man, I concur. The powers that be across the globe don't follow that excellent philosophy though. I just did a documentary on a local food pantry and am looking forward to expanding towards other similar food depositories in the Chicago area. I just believe that we need to police our own problems before looking ahead. There are kids, as in children in our streets living off of scraps. I witnessed this for the first time. I donated to the red cross for the Haitian relief a few weeks ago but I also know that the same money rarely gets to the people that need it. The United States has to hold it for a specified amount of time before it sees the light of day. A lot of people die between this time. Stupid politics and rules, smh. I'm not sure if the same policy applies to all relief efforts though. I just know that we need to step out efforts up to help our fellow man at home before we help others.

Anyway, I don't want to negate what you guys are trying to do in this thread, I just wanted to insert my two cents. So please, I mean no negativity. I wish this full hearted endeavor nothing but success.

16. gottabdashoes

gottabdashoes

^Method man, I concur. The powers that be across the globe don't follow that excellent philosophy though. I just did a documentary on a local food pantry and am looking forward to expanding towards other similar food depositories in the Chicago area. I just believe that we need to police our own problems before looking ahead. There are kids, as in children in our streets living off of scraps. I witnessed this for the first time. I donated to the red cross for the Haitian relief a few weeks ago but I also know that the same money rarely gets to the people that need it. The United States has to hold it for a specified amount of time before it sees the light of day. A lot of people die between this time. Stupid politics and rules, smh. I'm not sure if the same policy applies to all relief efforts though. I just know that we need to step out efforts up to help our fellow man at home before we help others.

Anyway, I don't want to negate what you guys are trying to do in this thread, I just wanted to insert my two cents. So please, I mean no negativity. I wish this full hearted endeavor nothing but success.

17. Methodical Management

18. Methodical Management

19. gottabdashoes

gottabdashoes

Well said, understood.

20. gottabdashoes

gottabdashoes

Well said, understood.

21. kdawg

kdawg Administrator Staff Member

I love the "beast" ones. That's a great idea. My size too. Hmm....

22. kdawg

kdawg Administrator Staff Member

I love the "beast" ones. That's a great idea. My size too. Hmm....

23. toy collector123

toy collector123

Lets GO!!! I really wish there were some hooping shoes that aren't too colorful lol

24. toy collector123

toy collector123

Lets GO!!! I really wish there were some hooping shoes that aren't too colorful lol

25. justhotkicks

justhotkicks Moderator

Shoes look crazy! Just placed a bid on a pair that's not even my size.