HELP! How do I get the Cigarette smell out my SPACE JAMS?

Sup NT, 
if this is the wrong place, MY BAD. But more importantly, I just got a pair of Space Jams in very nice condition for 180 shipped! Sounds great right?

well it is EXCEPT I could smell cigarette smoke before I even opened the box... the smell terrible! 

Does anyone have any advice on how to get rid of this smell? 

Thanks Y'all, its my first pair of Jams and I want to treat them well so any help is appreciated.

Fabreeze them and sti them outside... I have bought shoes and the smelled and just a lot of fresh air can do wonders, I have fabreezed them too and never had any discoloration or anything from that product and it does remove smell....

Vaporized water.

If you have an iron that can produce steam, then use it. Don't put it too close though.

that stinks
frown.gif

Originally Posted by solesearchin

Febreeze them and sti them outside... I have bought shoes and the smelled and just a lot of fresh air can do wonders, I have fabreezed them too and never had any discoloration or anything from that product and it does remove smell....

Originally Posted by LOVETHECOLUMBIAXI

Stop using them as an ashtray would be my guess?

Thanks for the useless post, i bought them them that way, unknowingly... Jerk off

Originally Posted by solesearchin

Fabreeze them and sti them outside... I have bought shoes and the smelled and just a lot of fresh air can do wonders, I have fabreezed them too and never had any discoloration or anything from that product and it does remove smell....

^^ This.  This is money.

Originally Posted by krs1demian

Thanks for the useless post, i bought them them that way, unknowingly... Jerk off

roll.gif

i got a pair of am lights off ebay that smelled like smoke, it wasnt as bad as you describe but it was present. if you have a shoe freshener i would suggest that on the inside and out...ferbreeze words nicely. basically just douse them in shoe fresheners.

Originally Posted by krs1demian

Lol. Just being sarcastic...seems you took it the wrong way there bub. Resorting to name calling never solves anything and only makes you look less mature.

haha

If that febreeze doesn't work, try using shoe defogger from Famous Footwear or any other footwear store. It worked on some shoes that I got from ebay.

That happened to me once too.. I copped some flint vii's off ebay. I was pissed but I kept them anyway because the price was good and they were DS (very hard to find these days). The smell was so bad at first that I had to keep them separate from my other shoes because I was afraid it would rub off. The smell EVENTUALLY wore off on its own, but you could still smell the hint of cigarettes if you put them up to your face and sniffed real hard.

I was like, what was this guy doing?... smoking IN his shoe closet?! Ridiculous.

put a brand new bar of soap in them (with the box ofcourse) and let it sit there for a couple of days.

i would use febreeze SPORT works the best
bought a pair of xiv off craigslist and it smelled like food they was ds but it smelled like he was keep them in his kitchen

happened to my Spacejams goin into IHOP i mistakenly stepped on a ciggarette it took a month to get off but u still can catch hints

Thanks for the ideas fella's. I wish they didn't smell like they do, but i got em for 180 shipped, and they have only been worn like 5 times, so i mean they aren't ds, but they are hella fresh....well yeah you know what i mean. I will either febreeze em or do the bar of soap thing... THANKS BOYS

Back
Top Bottom