Help me (and I'm assuming other NT'ers) understand the art of "wearing" jeans....

Originally Posted by wj4

And the fit ater its worn in is amazing, because it consorts to your body.
Take a pair of jeans to a tailor and they can do the same thing for you...from adjusting the seat to the crotch to the inseam to taking the width in. You get the jeans back in several days so you don't have to be unsanitary for a year.

indifferent.gif

This is probably the dumbest thing ive read on NT.

Rarely wear jeans......have a pair of Levi's may wear them twice in a month.

Usually change into mesh shorts or sweat pants as soon as I get home from work.

Skinny jeans FTL.......wouldn't be caught dead wearing those things.

Originally Posted by starbury03

Okay quick question...

Can you really not wash the custom apc or nudie jeans?
laugh.gif
What? Sure you can. Wash as much as you want. The jeanswill just fade like normal without any of the whiskers or honeycombs. I mean, they're still going to be really nice quality jeans regardless. If youcan't stand the idea of not washing your jeans for a bit, just wash them
laugh.gif
Although my jeans NEVER smelled funky or anything while I was breaking my pair in... I can't speak for these other dudes. I've seen some extraheavy set guys trying to wear skinny jeans and I'd bet money that their huffing and puffing throughout the day is going to work up some smells.
sick.gif

why do people collect shoes? it's just something people get into.

yes you can wash your jeans btw.

Originally Posted by dugtrio

No one is talking about a jean collection...that wasn't the point.

Originally Posted by DL2352

Okay quick question...

laugh.gif
What? Sure you can. Wash as much as you want. The jeans will just fade like normal without any of the whiskers or honeycombs. I mean, they're still going to be really nice quality jeans regardless. If you can't stand the idea of not washing your jeans for a bit, just wash them
laugh.gif
Although my jeans NEVER smelled funky or anything while I was breaking my pair in... I can't speak for these other dudes. I've seen some extra heavy set guys trying to wear skinny jeans and I'd bet money that their huffing and puffing throughout the day is going to work up some smells.
sick.gif
exactly. dudes acting like people who wear skinny jeans are playing tackle football at the park in them.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

i mean, people just get into rocking denim and take it serious.

Originally Posted by JDocs

If you don't get it you never will. Your best bet is to just keep it moving and accept that there are some things in the world that you will never understand. Whether you want to understand them or not.
smile.gif
they're jeans, man....you're making it seem like this is on some quantum physics level...

talking about "there are some things in the world you will never understand."
smh.gif
laugh.gif
jeans, man....jeans.

says the guy on the website dedicated to "athletic shoes" people will camp out a week for a pair of shoes and youre asking why people have an eye fordetail when it comes to denim. To each their own. If you want some real next level denim talk go over to sufu and talk to those guys

Originally Posted by KB8isCLUTCH

Originally Posted by DL2352

Okay quick question...

laugh.gif
What? Sure you can. Wash as much as you want. The jeans will just fade like normal without any of the whiskers or honeycombs. I mean, they're still going to be really nice quality jeans regardless. If you can't stand the idea of not washing your jeans for a bit, just wash them
laugh.gif
Although my jeans NEVER smelled funky or anything while I was breaking my pair in... I can't speak for these other dudes. I've seen some extra heavy set guys trying to wear skinny jeans and I'd bet money that their huffing and puffing throughout the day is going to work up some smells.
sick.gif
exactly. dudes acting like people who wear skinny jeans are playing tackle football at the park in them.
Although... wearing skinny jeans to play tackle football might make for some interesting fades and possibly a rip or two!
eek.gif
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

Well the point was doing something with a specific garment (whether it be jeans or sneakers) that is not the 'norm'. So it is some what similar.It's like trying to figure out why people spend hours and hours working on toy trains? I have no idea, and I will never get it. But I don't really careso it doesn't matter to me.

i mean, people just get into rocking denim and take it serious.
Most people didn't understand my shoe thing either. So it's understandable. It's just something I can't get into. But if its cool4 you jean heads.. then its cool for you. Do you.
glasses.gif

Good lord, wearing jeans is a science now?

Never thought I'd see somebody justify their jeans by saying "there's just some things you'll never understand".

laugh.gif
....seriously?

What are whiskers and honeycombs?

I'm not into expensive jeans, I'm a shoe guy. I put work into shoes, so I can't knock anyone who does their own thing.

As for the Raw denim thing - I think most people like the fact that they'll own a piece of clothing that is unique to them because it was essentiallyalmost made by them. Many people see them as projects as well.. they like the challenge of breaking a brand new pair in. Others, simply like the quality.

I've gotten more compliments on my Raw jeans that have never been washed (and they don't stink!
laugh.gif
) than any other overpriced "designer" denim I had bought in the past. I don't wear them to get compliments but rather because the fit and comfort along with the quality of them is unparalleled to any pre-washed denim I havecome across.

Don't get me wrong - I'll once in a while break out my Levi's if I want to switch it up and get away from the raw denim thing.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Higher quality. Jeans like APC, Imperial Dukes, Flatheads, Nudies etc have terrific fades, honey combs and whatnot after alot of wears. The more you wear it, the more broken down it gets and looks great after a while. For some its the satisfaction you get when results are shown after numerous months of wear. Its essentially "making" your own jean.
this guy answered it best.

also i've worked on a couple different pairs of jeans and to the people who say they must smell, honestly my jeans don't smell at all. only one pairstarted to smell a tiny bit one time so i gave it a warm soak with some woolite and it smelled
pimp.gif

Simply put, it's the same reason why most people do not understand having more than 5 pairs of shoes, the same reason why most people do not understandpaying 40 dollars for a T-Shirt with a logo on it, the same why reason why most people do not understand buying hats not sold at Hatland.... need I go on? Somepeople like their jeans looking a little nicer, with deeper color fades, fitting how they want it - whether it be skinny, regular, or baggy.

Originally Posted by JDocs

If you don't get it you never will. Your best bet is to just keep it moving and accept that there are some things in the world that you will never understand. Whether you want to understand them or not.
smile.gif
i cannot tolerate this!!! i must know everything
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
!!

so, can somebody post a before and after pic of jeans that they theyve personalized? ive never heard of this besides on nt.

and are yall serious that people BATHE in their jeans? how do they wash their hoo hoo's and hay hays?

and whats this about "higher quality" ive never had a pair of jeans that just fell apart. back in the girbaud days i thought they could never bedestroyed. use to get them caught up on fences and they were fine,played football in them and everything. no holes. yall tryin to tell me that you can do thatwith some APC jeans? i dont know nothing about those types so dont bash me too hard
frown.gif
im poor and havnt bought new jeans in years.

shoes on the other hand..
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

EDIT: google is my homeboy.......

raw.jpg

are those really the same jeans? (vertically separated)
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

NT serious question... I have been wearing the same Levi's I bought from Mervyn's every time I wear jeans for the last 6 months or so. Haven'twashed them once. But they still fit and look nice on me. Is that nasty? Or is it normal?

Originally Posted by The Harlem Shake

NT serious question... I have been wearing the same Levi's I bought from Mervyn's every time I wear jeans for the last 6 months or so. Haven't washed them once. But they still fit and look nice on me. Is that nasty? Or is it normal?
sick.gif
disgusting

^ Well to regular people that arent into Jeans like myself, yea its nasty.
But to you its normal and you wanna get the fit and look right? So i really think it boils down to opinions and what side of the fence your on.

Its just like us sneakerheads putting some shoes on ice for awhile instead of wearing them.
Some people dont inderstand/get it but we have our reasons....see what im trying to say fellas?

Originally Posted by NomadicSole21

^ Well to regular people that arent into Jeans like myself, yea its nasty.
But to you its normal and you wanna get the fit and look right? So i really think it boils down to opinions and what side of the fence your on.

Its just like us sneakerheads putting some shoes on ice for awhile instead of wearing them.
Some people dont inderstand/get it but we have our reasons....see what im trying to say fellas?

but thats the thing, im not into jeans. thats why i wear them so much.

past year and a half i've rotated 3 pairs of jeans without washing: some *** levis and 2 pairs of neighborhoods. febreeze and freezer tames the smell. whydo i do it? not really sure - guess i'm kind of a lemming when it comes to the denim thing. my first pair that i worked on - some prps - came out prettycool. i don't starch/iron in the honeycombs and whiskers though - too lazy for that.

Back
Top Bottom