Help me choose a new tablet NT

Ok so I'm not that up to date with tablets and what not.

I'm looking for something the size of an iPad mini, largest size I'll go is the size of an iPad

What I need is ability to check email, camera on back, able to view word docs and PDFs

Being able to download apps like Bloomberg and Reuters is also a plus

What are the options out there aside from an iPad mini/ iPad?

Really don't want to spend 350+

Probably fall.. I've been holding out for it.
Do prices increase for that or do they just lower the price of the older version?

I was kind of want something right now because I'm taking a summer class and I have a PDF version of the textbook so a small tablet like device is much better to carry than a large textbook

When DAT?

Probably fall.. I've been holding out for it.

It's been speculated to have RD, but I'm not sure about ram. I've been holding out for it as well, though I used a mini the other day and loved it. Hopefully the display is a bit better too.

OP, I recommend an iPad/iPad mini all the way. Either a 3, or the soon to be mini 2 is what you need.

The iPad three gives you all of this

What I need is ability to check email, camera on back, able to view word docs and PDFs

Being able to download apps like Bloomberg and Reuters is also a plus

Plus a lot more. Web browsers like chrome and safari, music, iTunes, face time, and other features. Very convenient. (If you find an iPad 2 for less, pass. iPad 2 has the worst camera on earth at .2 megapixels)

The mini also has these features, but it lacks a great camera.

Do prices increase for that or do they just lower the price of the older version?

I was kind of want something right now because I'm taking a summer class and I have a PDF version of the textbook so a small tablet like device is much better to carry than a large textbook

I cant see it being more than $350 for the new mini.. anymore and it would be the same price as a regular iPad.

I cant see it being more than $350 for the new mini.. anymore and it would be the same price as a regular iPad.

I'm just gonna go for a refurbished Mini once the second gen. drops or later this summer...the price is already fallen to 279 and I don't need retina display at all

Not really ...Nexus 7 puts in work for a inexpensive tablet. Anything more expensive you may wanna just cop a laptop.

Apple's prices are ridiculous.

I'm just gonna go for a refurbished Mini once the second gen. drops or later this summer...the price is already fallen to 279 and I don't need retina display at all

I hear you.. Retina seems just like a bonus. I've heard people say youtube and other streaming apps buffer a little slower on the mini. That's the main reason why I was holding out, to see if the next one had more RAM. Plus a better camera.

Why do you need the rear camera op?
Nexus 7 would be good enough for your needs besides that.
You could probably buy a decent cheap point and shoot with the difference between the iPad mini & nexus 7.

Why do you need the rear camera op?
Nexus 7 would be good enough for your needs besides that.
You could probably buy a decent cheap point and shoot with the difference between the iPad mini & nexus 7.
Planning to use this device for school.
Last semester almost all my professors wanted us to bring the textbook to class and books were heavy and I was on that freshmen backpack steez.
I want a rear cam to take pics of pages of the chapter so that i can use that instead of carrying around all my textbooks.

Nexus had a front cam and taking pics on that wouldn't be as efficient compared to a device that has a back cam as well

IMO it's best to just go somewhere like Best Buy where all the tablets and what not are in the same area and play around with them to see which is your style.

I Use my iPad more than any other device right now.

Sprint has a good trade in program and I'm bout to upgrade to that mini here shortly.

Back
Top Bottom