HELP ME DECIDE: AF25 PREMIUM vs MELO M3

I love both of these shoes but I can't decide which one to get.
IMO I would rate these:

AF25 PREMIUM

FIT: 10
CUSHIONING: 10
TRACTION: 10
COMFORT: 10
PERFORMANCE: 9.5
ANKLE SUPPORT: 9
WEIGHT: 8

MELO M3

FIT: 10
CUSHIONING: 9.5
TRACTION: 10
COMFORT: 10
PERFORMANCE: 9
ANKLE SUPPORT: 10
WEIGHT: 10

I have tried on the AF25 Premium but not the Melo M3.
Guys, please give me your opinions!!!

I forgot to mention that I wear a 11.5 sz on the AF25 and they fit perfect, I heard that the M3 is a narrow sneaker and I was wondering if I should get a sz 12?

u should list out ur style of play, and approx. height + weight #s for us to determine the best one.
and are u determined to get these two, like its ur only 2 choices or are u open to other choices

I shoot the ball most of the time and I drive into the paint for a layup or flashy pass. I want awesome cushioning and ankle support as well as a lockdown feel.

COULD SOMEONE COMPARE THESE SHOES PLEASE??? ( CUSHIONING, FIT, COMFORT AND PERFORMANCE)

I've never worn the Melos, but the AF 25 have some of the best cushioning I have ever felt. The max air in the heel + full length zoom is amazing. At first the forefoot seems almost too cushioned but once you break it down a bit after a couple of wearings, they offer some of the best cushioning that has ever existed.
What cha starrin at?
I ain't a Mirra!​

m3 zoom air in the forefoot is responsive.... the drawback the traction wears easily if you play outdoor...the molded ankle protection is the same with the latest jordan team shoe which is the Jumpan High Rise....

just like what "rapsa" said the traction will wear out easily just because its JB, and more if u play outdoor. if u want cushioning u'd want to get the AF25 however if u drive u should get M3. so here u can see that u both shoes have their good sides, because the AF25 have Air Max so ur more lifted off the ground compared to the M3 where it doesn't have Air Max. Comfort is better in the AF25, traction i'm not too sure if u play outdoor, and keep in mind that Jordan Brand during these past years have been known to have "not too good" quality, so durability is bad, however as some have said on this forum, this is not for all shoes.

I'll recommend u the Kobe II Ultimate or Strength, since u get good cushioning and its low profile too
Zoom BB and Lebron's Soldiers are also good

I've already got the ZK2 Ultimate and I'll get the Soldiers too asa they drop.
Thanx a lot guys for replying to my questions! I'll probably cop the AF25!

Though if anyone wants to tell his opinion on these shoes and possibly a personal rating, I would really appreciate it!

Thanx a lot once again!

the melos have no grip.I played with them the first day i got them and the sole was already turning flat.the air force one is the better one to pick.

ya i think its AIR, but for some reason it still feels really good, from what most have commented on, its probably the way/ setup they've got that made it feel as good

I won the Melo M3 on Ebay! How much?

<<65.5 us dollars>>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Isn't that great?

Thanks a lot for the help guys! As you can see from above I already won the M3 on Ebay for 65.5 us dollars!

Quote:
As you can see from above I already won the M3 on Ebay for 65.5 us dollars!

I too wear an 11-11.5, and sorry to tell you but I remember the melo m3's were sellin for as low as $40 (minus maybe around $10-$15 shipping) on ebay like 4 months ago man. u should have went w/ the AF25's. granted that I've only tried on the m3's a while back (did jump and run around in them a bit) and just wasn't too impressed and passed on em. on the other hand my AF25's are amazing. amazing comfort, support, and lock down feel. the soles are also really durable, compared to ppl above complaining about the m3 soles wearing down significantly after playing in them once!? and they're really cheap right now too on ebay and on nike.com they're $59.99 from $150. trust me, u should get em. just my opinion though.

ucla sneakrhed thanx a lot for telling me your opinion, I bought the M3 and I haven't regretted it! I just love the way they hug my ankles. I feel very secure! Though the AF25 have much better cushioning I prefer the M3. It's lighter and perfect for my style! I don't think that I would be able to drive really quick like I do with the M3. IMO the AF25 are perfect for big players. I've played in my M3 for over 15 hours outdoor and the best thing is that the traction is 95% like new!

I wore down my M3s at work and they were beat so I opened them up. the heel actually looks like articulated encapsulated zoom air.
Honestly though, go for the AF25. I am using them right now for indoor basketball and my feet are thanking me for the wise choice.
I am also 6"2 271 pounds(yes I am a heffer LOL) and play SF/SG(bad ankles so I don't like to be totally under the basket).

Back
Top Bottom