Help me out with this overdue collections account NT Vol. Financial Advisors

John Wick

formerly jayzonmytoes
Alright so i bailed on my contract with T-mobile awhile ago and now I'm ready to pay the balance to get it off of my credit... i called the collection agency and they told me i owe something like $1400 but i told the lady is there away for tmobile to settle for $1000 and she was like the best she can do is take off the taxes lawyer and fees tmobile had to pay to file the claim... which brought the total down to like 1200 
ohwell.gif

so my question is she playing by only being able to drop the fees because i heard stories with people saying that they was able to pay off their collections for like $800 but then again i never knew how much the outstanding balance was on the account.....

should i go ahead and just pay the 1200 she's asking or keep trying to negotiate with her?

Also my credit is score is sitting at 600 and if i wipe that off my credit it will jump up to 650... 

so my other question is how long does it take for this to disappear off of my credit history and bump my score up? And is my credit score good enough at 600?

has anybody else been through this? I need some advice....

If you wanted to pay $1000, your first offer should've been $700...

As for your credit, it will improve over time, but there's no way for us to know how much because no one but you knows what else is on your credit report. Just pay it off. They're probably not going to budge and really, is another $200 worth the time you're going to spend arguing over it?

i always thought you could default any bill and have it dropped near 50%.

but your credit would be shot.

yea i did lowball her at first but she told me that was not possible than she gave me the number 1200 and i was like how did you come up with that number and she told me it was the fees and stuff... but yea thats the reason why i defaulted on the plan because i didn't use the phone and was hoping that when it hit collections i would be able to get it dropped and pay a small price or whatever... guess it backfired... thats why I'm asking for advice because maybe somebody on here knows the tricks to getting a lower payment.....

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

How does one owe $1400 to T-Mobile?

I'm thinking because i signed the contract while station over seas and the bill was in euros.... 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

See if you can play your status as an enlisted person to your advantage.

I know if you signed and then sere sent overseas they have to let you out with no early termination fee. That might not be what happened but maybe you could use that as an advantage...

yea thats what i was thinking on trying because the collection agency does not know what my day to day job is.... but also can i contact tmobile directly and ask them to help me out on how much they are willing to settle for? or is too late because its already filed with the collection agency?

Back
Top Bottom