HELP ME SETTLE A DEBATE... Who's more clutch: Gilbert Arenas or Paul Pierce?

thebachellor

Banned
Need to settle an argument. 
eyes.gif

Also, between these two... who would you take in their primes (yes, they don't play the same position, but just judging on their skills). 

Pierce. You can't really go with Arenas when he's never done it in big games. And in big games I mean Conference Championships or Finals.
Arenas may be clutch, but you can't argue these two when the level of games is so skewed in Paul's favor. 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Out of curiosity, how clutch did yall consider Pierce before he won the championship?
They werent. Hardly anyone outside of Boston was checking for Pierce before they brought in K.G. and Allen. The team he was leading was trash. Pierce and Gasol are two of the most overrated dudes in the NBA.

Pau was the same way. Aint nobody watching for Pau Gasol when he was in Memphis. He couldnt lead that team to nothing. Then as soon as he is traded to the Lakers he is some great "superstar." Give me a break.

Pierce was always clutch, even before the ring. It was just never shown as much (except in the playoff seasons he had with Walker back a couple years ago).

Between the 2, I'd go with Pierce.

If I want someone to hit a last shot, I'm going with Gilbert. Getting a team back in the game, I go with Pierce

Originally Posted by Jdiddy931

If I want someone to hit a last shot, I'm going with Gilbert. Getting a team back in the game, I go with Pierce

well put.

Pierce was always pretty clutch...wing players who can create shots = perfect down the stretch. Even when the Cs were trash, he was still a beast in the 4th quarter. I'd take Pierce over basically a decade compared to Gil of maybe, what 3-4 years?

Gilbert pre-torn ACL was more clutch (except for the choke against Cleveland at the free throw line
mad.gif
, though he did send that game to OT with a 30 footer)

In their prime I'm still taking Gilbert, dude was an assassin. But today no one in their right mind would take Gil over Pierce.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Out of curiosity, how clutch did yall consider Pierce before he won the championship?
They werent. Hardly anyone outside of Boston was checking for Pierce before they brought in K.G. and Allen. The team he was leading was trash. Pierce and Gasol are two of the most overrated dudes in the NBA.

Pau was the same way. Aint nobody watching for Pau Gasol when he was in Memphis. He couldnt lead that team to nothing. Then as soon as he is traded to the Lakers he is some great "superstar." Give me a break.

Stop it. Are you really comparing Pierce pre-KG and Ray to Pau pre-Lakers? Pau never won a single playoff game in Memphis. Meanwhile Pierce had this mediocre roster 2 wins away from the Finals:

Paul Pierce
Antoine Walker
Kenny Anderson
Rodney Rogers
Eric Williams
Tony Battie
Tony Delk
Walter McCarty
Erick Strickland
Mark Blount
Kedrick Brown

Did you forget about this?

Or this? (There are 5 parts, I'm not gonna post all of them but you get the idea.)

^Dude sounds like he just started watching ball in 2005, talkin' bout nobody was checking for Paul Pierce. For the record, I hate Boston and Paul's ego, but they actually competed unlike Pau in Memphis.

Out of curiosity, how clutch did yall consider Pierce before he won the championship

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Pierce was always clutch, even before the ring. It was just never shown as much (except in the playoff seasons he had with Walker back a couple years ago).

Between the 2, I'd go with Pierce.

i've seen pierce become possessed on the court in the playoffs, his eyes rolling into the back of his skull

answer is pierce

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

you put any player besides Kobe or LeBron on those Celtic teams and they would be in the same position

Back
Top Bottom