Help needed: I'm traveling to Chicago

What are some things to do and places to eat in Chicago?  Any sneaker places I should check out?  Is there a shopping area for my wife?  I will be staying in The Loop area.  

So far the places I will be checking out..

Cloud Gate

Michigan Ave

Billy Goat Tavern

United Center

Wrigley Fields

I appreciate your suggestions.  Thank you NTers.  

For Shopping the Mag Mile is about as good as it gets. State street just south of Lake st is good too.

A ton of wirld class retaurants here too. Alinea, Girl and the Goat, Spiaggia, Sunda

MJs streakhouse is on mich ave too

For sneakers hit up milwaukee ave north of division st. City Sports, Dianas, St. Alfreds and Uprise
Leaders is in the loop area. HoH on state st

I would definately check out St. Alfred and Overtime. Two great spots for kicks. Also hit up NikeTown you will see some pretty cool things that arent for sale.

yup check out born with sole,st alfred,leaders,uprise,dianas, city sports,overtime...if youre down with going to the hood check out madison and pulaski area

Theres 3 in the chicago area. As with all the outlets they are hit or miss. Its always just good to go and see what they have

I'm planning on taking a trip to Chicago, too. I'll be going in October for my birthday. Not sure, but I believe the NBA season starts at the end of October. Anyone know what day the first Bulls game might be (as in on a Monday, Wednesday, etc)?

Also, what are some areas/things I should avoid. I'm not even going to bring a hat with me out of fear I'll wear it the wrong way in the wrong area :lol:

For real though...

The NBA schedules havent come out yet so theres no way to tell what day they start. Im guessing sometime around halloween.

The NBA schedules havent come out yet so theres no way to tell what day they start. Im guessing sometime around halloween.
Cool. I just didn't know if there was a day that it started on traditionally

Yea if i remember correctly its usually around halloween give or take a couple days. I'll probably be there so if you do go hit me up

Sorry to bring up a old post but I figure to post here then make another thread. I am going to Chicago in late October as well. I know there is a Bulls preseason game and Bears are on a bye week and baseball is in the World Series. Anything else worth going to or seeing in Chicago? I know there is that bean, Sears, the piers but any cool eats that is famous or even some night spots? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sorry to bring up a old post but I figure to post here then make another thread. I am going to Chicago in late October as well. I know there is a Bulls preseason game and Bears are on a bye week and baseball is in the World Series. Anything else worth going to or seeing in Chicago? I know there is that bean, Sears, the piers but any cool eats that is famous or even some night spots? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Hot Dogs: Portillos its downtown on Ontario. 

Pizza: Gino's east (block west of Portillos down on Ontario) Lou Malnaiti's & Girodanos have the best deep dish pizza both downtown as well...

Nightlife: You can always go to Wicker Park and bar hop, check out the vibe. They have Crocodile Lounge, spots got an upstairs and downstairs, with every drink purchase you get a receipt and ticket, you can take it to the back of the upstairs bar and the chef will make you a personal pizza for free with the receipt 
pimp.gif
 Musics like Hip-Hop, 90's hip hop, downstairs some reggae and dance music... They have some other spots to all around there its just Milwaukee avenue flooded with spots, there's an arcade on Milwaukee ave a few blocks down from Crocodile called "Emporium" they have old school games and a bar there, relatively cheap too if you wana check that out.... There's a spot by portillos too on Ontario called "Castle" touristy spot but its ******g HUGE lol like 5 floors they play everything...

Saint Alfreds is across the street from Crocodile lounge too, might catch random people camping out if you swing by there on a Friday and there's a saturday AM drop... lot of stuff to do out here, hopefully its not too cold yet bruh... Hoodies and longsleeves a must.... 

Back
Top Bottom