Help negotiating with TV provider. Need help. Anyone work for DISH/Time warner/Comcast?

Gill Baka Esq. LLC.

formerly grimlock
So my older sister, unfortunately, passed last year (Rest In Paradise my love) and she was taking care of the Dish Network bill until that time. I have now taken it over but I never changed it to my name just kept it in hers and just switched the payment method to mine since she's been with them for 12+ years and built up customer loyalty with them,

Fast forward to now some idiot decided to hang a wire on our satellite dish from the line pole in the middle of our block and knocked our dish signal out of position.

Called dish and the guy gave me some options:
1) Pay $100 for a service technician to come to fix the problem
2) Pay for a dish network protection program $10/month for at least 6 months (total = $60) and the repair would be covered
3) Upgrade to a new dish receiver box for an extra $1 month making my monthly bill $100, but I would have to lock in a new 2-year deal with them and if I cancel early it'll potentially cost me $50/month for every month left on the contract
4) Cancel the current service under my sister's name and switch it to my name and get a new customer promo which could potentially save me ~$1000 over 2 years but I would lose the 12 years of being a customer with them and possible perks (idk if there are any actually cuz the customer service person couldn't name any).

Anyone know how I should play this?

The reason I still have Dish Network is for my mother who lives with me and she doesn't know how to navigate cut-the-cord options like Netflix and sling and wants to stick to a more traditional TV service option.

customer loyalty with them

Lulz. They don’t give one ****.

Leave them. Shop around for the best offer. There’s nothing sentimental or honorable about being with X company for Y years. It’s not like cable TV companies are grandfathering in old plans.

I renegotiate every time with comcast when the current contract is up and sign back up with lower price
Just tell them you are going to leave and they will always lower their prices

Back
Top Bottom