Help: Tips On Writing a Letter of Apology to a Police Officer Vol. Subliminals

buggz31

Banned
So I got in an argument with a police officer on campus last friday, because I was carrying my 76 key 80 lb keyboard out of the front entrance. And I guessthere's a rule that says we have to carry our equipment around the back, which nobody's ever told me about before and I see people doing this all thetime. All I wanted to do was carry my keyboard down the steps and sidewalk, to my truck parked along side the road. The police officer told me if I try ithe's gonna write me a ticket.
laugh.gif
So I kind of snapped on him.

The head of the department that I'm majoring in, has respectfully asked me to write a letter of apology, just to smoothen things out between him(and ourdepartment) and the security department.

So I'm not really sorry for the way I acted. I am sorry for the way the officer acted. But out of respect for the head of my department, I'm writing aletter of apology. Except I plan on using very large words that only a thesaurus would recognize, and complicated metaphors to say "your an idiot".Yet still make it sound like an apology letter. Idk I guess it's my twisted way of writing how I feel yet be respectful to the head of department'srequest.

Any other ideas on how to throw more subliminals in there?

Or even just some corny ways that are good to say your sorry but are too genuine to be authentic.

eff that, i wouldn't write it because of the principle of it all. I understand it's for the head of your department or whatever but they should knowsomething called self respect and that everyone has it.

Originally Posted by ReeceMan10

Write some BS how without rules the world wouldn't be organized and sane...

Word. I think I'm going to write a 4 page essay on how everybody would be dead w/o rules and/or safety rules. For instance, can you imagine how manypeople would not be alive today if murder was legal? Or even how many lives would be lost at intersections had it not been for traffic lights and stop signs? Ishreek at the thought of how many random chemicals a restaurant/pharmaceutical business could have put into our food, prescriptions and cigarettes - had it notbeen for the Food & Drug Administration. Yes, I think I understand now the importance of rules. And how they should be showcased so that everybody knowsabout them, and benefits from their safety.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by KICKS OFF

how about using this speech.

�May bright yellow vitamin fortified piss flow on to the handle of your holy automobile.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

I like that one. I may have to twist that around.

Originally Posted by KICKS OFF

how about using this speech.

�This man needs a hug.�
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And it might not be fair to group all police together but F that I truly hate thepolice.�

Eff "pride" on this, write it. It's not a big deal. Move on, there's more important stuff to worry about.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

yes...b/c using proper grammar is strictly limited to work.

Yea and a casual website such as NT is strictly limited to proper grammar.
eyes.gif
Who honestly cares if somebody doesn't take the time to spell check their reply on a casual website, and they misspell a few homophones, homonyms,heteronyms w/e. So what?
Seriously though, realtalk, Russ tha G...you'd make a good substitute teacher, or a spell checker for rough drafts (
pimp.gif
everyone needs one of these). You should look into that...

But I've decided not to be complicated, and write a complaint AND an apology in the same letter. Satisfying both mine and my head of department'sneeds, while explaining the disrespect shown from both sides. BRILLIANT! Saves trees
pimp.gif

I was hoping you guys could help me come up with more gift ideas, like a gift card or a small teddy bear or flowers or something.

you are gangster

i think you just want props from NT and this is your way to subliminaly let us know you think you are coooooooooooool

Judging by how well you justify your errors on a sneaker message board, your apology to the police officer seems bleak.

BTW, giving a gift card to a police officer might not go over so well. I've seen instances where law enforcement workers have to turn down gifts frompeople to avoid having it seem like they're accepting bribes. If you truly want your apology to seem genuine and save trees, I'dsuggest going up to him face-to-face and saying something because apologies on paper usually seem fake and forced.

dunno bout the big words part but technically a keyboard and got !*$# to do wit a computer... i woulda said "midi mafia motha ****" and kept itmovin...

Simply state your case respectfully..if you feel you were wronged say so, if you felt you acted inappropriately, say so. Or you could do what I do when I feelthe ened to apologize but don't feel I'm totally wrong, I just apologize "for the way the situation was perceived." And keep it moving.

Say it to his face. Unless you were apologizing to someone you wouldn't see very often, like a faculty member or something, face to face is moreappropriate.

Whether you or anyone else agrees with it or not, hes just doing what his bosses tell him to do. Hes earning his paycheck so theres no need to write a smartletter. For all you know, he probably thinks its a stupid rule too but he has to enforce it.

Besides, little girls write corny letters like that. Man up.

Just write the apology. You're putting to much thought into trying to be clever. If you came up w/it on your own cool but if you have to come here for helpits probably not worth it.

I had a nice little letter. It made for good entertainment, but my head of department said he wanted nothing more than two sentences and a signature, becausethe officer did not deserve anymore.

The officer was a complete jerk, and has always been a complete jerk to me simply because of the department I am associated with. My head of department knowsthis, the vice dean of my college knows this. And from the words of my vice dean, this has been an issue for a long time and the VP of public safety cannotcomprehend the importance of respect to a customer base.

Anyways, you guys are no fun. I already had something cooked up, I just wanted to know if any clever NTers have anything interesting to offer.

The Vice Dean of my college, the head of my department and I have figured out that the best way for me to tell the officer how I feel and how he wasdisrespectful- and that is to his face.

Back
Top Bottom