Help with english paper!

so i'm doing a paper for english about sneakers as a subculture, how do would you guys define sneakers as a culture? im having a hard time defining what itis but can easily explain how the passion for sneakers is channeled through many avenues

i did this in high school it was more that sneakers werent a hobby but a way of life. haha some corny sh like that

I wrote a 10 page research paper on street culture in one day for my final.

My teacher was very disappointed in me because she said it was the worst paper I wrote and she expected better out of me. Gave me a D.

Still passed the class with a B+ though. More effort would have got me an A.

Anyways, I used some books as reference such as one called Sneakers by Neal Heard and a book by Malcolm Gladwell called The Tipping Point.

yea but im having trouble coming up with a definition maybe i could say being a sneakerhead is not just about collecting sneakers but is a lifestyle that isreflected through music art and fashion?

Originally Posted by airjordan05

yea but im having trouble coming up with a definition maybe i could say being a sneakerhead is not just about collecting sneakers but is a lifestyle that is reflected through music art and fashion?
There you go.

I did the same topic for freshman English in my 2nd semester at the university. Got an A on it. It's even easier now with Sole magazine, compare it toother subculture magazines, ie music, cars, fashion.

PS this is going to get locked.

Thanks wj4 that really helps and yea im doing this for a paer in english 101 at Eastern Washington University, its also my freshmen year. I already wrote thepaper but the teacher was saying that i dont have a real definition of the culture and that its making my paper not flow correctly.

Originally Posted by airjordan05

Thanks wj4 that really helps and yea im doing this for a paer in english 101 at Eastern Washington University, its also my freshmen year. I already wrote the paper but the teacher was saying that i dont have a real definition of the culture and that its making my paper not flow correctly.
It's not really my style, but some of my friends like to use the definition from a dictionary.

I shouldn't be doing your hw, but I'm bored right now. I'm just typing free handed, excuse any typo(s). This is just to give you ideas.

"Culture, what is it exactly? The Webster Dictionary defines culture as the behaviors and beliefs characteristic of aparticular social, ethnic, or age group. The interest shared from sneaker fanatics fit that definition quite nicely. Sneaker hobbyists come in manysizes, both male and female. There are young hobbyists who are just getting their feet wet and there are older hobbyists who are on a mission to buy all theshoes they once had while growing up. What started nearly a decade ago with a small online community (Niketalk) that shared the interest in buying Nike shoeshave exploded into a world wide phenomenon. Currently, there are monthly magazines, such as Sole, dedicated to the culture. In addition, there are songs with lyrics that refer to sneakers. You may wanna quote a line here from a song. There are even sneaker gatherings, similar to car shows..(cue in thatsneaker show, I forget the name)."

I can go on and on, but you get the idea.

thanks man that absolutely helps. i talked mainly in my paper how music helps to reflect the culutre and how clothing expresses the culture as well.

Back
Top Bottom