HELPPPP! 1 Year Anniversary with my GF!! Where to go???

Ok so I've been with my GF for a year now and want to do something special with her this Friday for our one year. I was thinking of taking her somewhere toeat. Not sure where though. I would prefer something not so fancy but am open to any ideas. Preferably in Northern VA or DC somewhere. Any other date ideaswould are welcome too. I need this to be GOOD she already mad at me because she had to remind me
grin.gif

oh and we are both 21+

Just give her... and bubble gum!
grin.gif
pimp.gif

-Son, really just be creative about it... sometimes I think I should open up a business that handles these "crisis" for men without creativity, lackromance, etc etc. First of all its year 1, stop stressing... she will appreciate anything as long as you do something... it can be as simple as you fixingsomething nice at home and setting it up with flowers and candles. Unless she is on some high maintence crap if so drop her, now.
laugh.gif

-Don't laugh but if yall like Seafood... take her to the Wharf, get some fresh crab legs, shrimps, etc etc... then drive up the street to the park whereyou can see the planes... sit out there, eat ya food, put on a little music, sip on sometime (in a cup), chill out and enjoy the nice weather OR skip theseafood and crap... and just go do a "picnic" at one of the many nice local parks

-Take a mini trip... drive up a few hours, you choose Bmore, Philly (get out of the area), Atlantic City, or just go for the gusto (for a 1yr BF/GF anniv.) andhit up NY - I don't have to tell you what to do out there but you can take her to see a play and then just grab a slice of Pizza (to "even" outyour expenses) or drive south (just get away from the normal routine)

-Go cop a nice (but fairly priced) room son and go back to my first sugg. but instead of bubble gum offer something more fullfilling and maybe something to sipon (champagne)

Maaaan that's it... that's all I can think of off the top... as for restaurants there's been plenty of threads in this section for variousoccassions (X day, valentine, etc) with the same question - what to do (and in many cases same sugg. and restaurant apply)... Ruth Chris (over in VA) overseeing the City and Airport, various of the Brazilian Steakhouse, Lauriol Plaza, try a search... dunno

Also, what are you trying to eat... steak, chicken, seafood, veggies... I say you cook something man! Hope it helps or inspire you to come up with anidea... something unique that represents what yall have.

if your in NOVA, there is a nice italian place at reston town center, that opened up in the past year or so, hit me up if you can't find it i'll helpyou out. a nice dinner, with a bottle of wine will run you 150 or so

If spending time with your girl wither it a movie and Tacobell is good enough then she might not need to make it to year number 2. Only thing that shouldmatter is the quality time. Ive been with my lady for 7 years and all she wants is for me to say "I Love You" & "I cant wait to say I loveyou this time next year".

Just keep it thoughtful and simple.

"If you can't afford it you can still do thangs to show you aint on no dumb shh it. Take her to a gallery, museum, or some shh it." Phonte

cook for her fam, and get some fine grapes poppin wit the meal, a nice smooth playlist and some flowers. thank me afterwards

BLT Steak on 16th & I...it's very expensive, but it's got a better steak than Ruth's Chris, Morton's, etc....

Don't do anything overdone. It's so cliche to go out and buy food at a restaurant and do the whole smoochy smoochy thing. Don't be a simp, justcook for her, watch a movie, and hit the sheets.

i appreciate all the ideas guys. i cant cook for %*$@ so that is definitely out of the question. her friend told me that she mentioned wanting to go to aJapanese steak house so i think i'll take her to one of those. i've been numerous times and had no ideas she has never been to one. I've only beento Benihana's and the food is good as hell so i think ill just take her there. Also just got tickets to TV on the Radio (band) concert at the 9:30 Club onMonday. im smashing... raw
pimp.gif

whatever your plans may be, take her to see UP somwhere in there.. she will cry, guaranteed
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by xcg11pinoYx

whatever your plans may be, take her to see UP somwhere in there.. she will cry, guaranteed
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Let me guess... The old man falls out the house and dies and the boy floats the house into the Sun

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Word...

Fogo De Chao...
Maggiano's...

Check out this Dessert Lounge called CoCo Sala after the restaurant though...

Originally Posted by eddiebauer757

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Let me guess... The old man falls out the house and dies and the boy floats the house into the Sun
nah man but nice try..thats way too over the top for a cartoon/pixar flick
laugh.gif

Me and my GF went to Medievil Times for our 1 and 2 years Anniversary's

It's pretty cool

Back
Top Bottom