Hercules: The Thracian War 7/25/14 starring Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson

it's never too early to get a thread going; looking forward to this one

This could be an epic franchise or a major box office bomb but with the Rock's rebirth I am going epic

directed by Brett Ratner

View media item 451709
Fourteen hundred years ago, a tormented soul walked the earth that was neither man nor god. Hercules was the powerful son of the god king Zeus, for this he received nothing but suffering his entire life. After twelve arduous labors and the loss of his family, this dark, world-weary soul turned his back on the gods finding his only solace in bloody battle. Over the years he warmed to the company of six similar souls, their only bond being their love of fighting and presence of death. These men and woman never question where they go to fight or why or whom, just how much they will be paid. Now the King of Thrace has hired these mercenaries to train his men to become the greatest army of all time. It is time for this bunch of lost souls to finally have their eyes opened to how far they have fallen when they must train an army to become as ruthless and blood thirsty as their reputation has become.

Last edited:
Why is the Johnson playing 3 characters? Zues, Achilles and Herc. That's odd.

Last edited:
bc the rock is the brother of Zues, the son of hERCULES, and the Father of Aesthetics

This looks like it has potential, but wasn't there a Hercules movie released a few months ago that looked like trash?
laugh.gif
It's called "Dueling Movies". Since movies take a few years to complete and writers shop around scripts for a while, rival studios copy the same concept and try to rush it out first to capitalize on the hype. 

This looks like it has potential, but wasn't there a Hercules movie released a few months ago that looked like trash? :lol:

It's called "Dueling Movies". Since movies take a few years to complete and writers shop around scripts for a while, rival studios copy the same concept and try to rush it out first to capitalize on the hype. 

Welp guess that didnt work lol. That movie bombed hard.

Is this what happend with The Prestige and the other magic movie that came out that same year? Forgot the name

problem is the one had an actor no one ever hard of and this one has the Rock :lol:

Welp guess that didnt work lol. That movie bombed hard.

Is this what happend with The Prestige and the other magic movie that came out that same year? Forgot the name
Yeah, its been going on since the 1930's.

99% of the you can tell which one is the copy and which one was the original because the difference in quality is so huge. 

Is it me or does the long hair and facial hair make The Rock legitimately look like a white man? I think it's dope they pulled that off without just photoshoping him lighter.

Last edited:
just off the top of my head........

prestige vs the illusionist

virus vs outbreak

dantes peak vs volcano

legend of hercules vs hercules thracian wars

armageddon vs deep impact

olympus has fallen vs white house down

Last edited:
He looks too much like Crixus from the Spartacus tv show but at least he has the physique, not like that other one that came out. Dude was way too small for me to see him as Hercules.

So he's doing the 13 labors in this movie?!?!? I'm in. I hope its R-Rated. I mean with the Rock's name people will see it regardless of rating

Back
Top Bottom