Hey bros, with Father's day around the corner, the blues are setting in....

So Im bored at work with lots on my mind as of lately, as many of you know ive been with my wife for almost 14 years, got married 3 years ago, it never dawned on me up until like 4 years ago, that crap we may have a fertility issue....well I guess I always thought that eventually our chance to be parents would come....so the years have passed, my friends started their families, we have a gorgeous niece and still nothing of our own, so this year we finally decide to do a fertility work up, to my surprise we find out im the one with the issue....the percentage of moving sperm im producing is wayyyyyyyy below the normal :smh: all these years i thought id be good and maybe the reason why we never got pregnant was because SHE might have a problem....which usually is the case, but to hear these news some weeks ago, really threw me for a loop. The fertility doc told us our best option is IVF which at our age is about 10k or we can try a couple of cycles of IUI's (Artificial Insemination) and see how it goes. Today we did our first cycle after a full week of daily bloodwork and ultrasounds from the wife, to make sure the procedure was done under optimal conditions. So today we go in, I produce my sample we come back 1 hour later for the procedure, Doc walks in and gives me the breakdown, it was disheartening to hear that the chances of it working are below 5% because of the low amounts of moving sperm I produce, I just hope that by some miracle we go back in 2 weeks and get a positive pregnancy test....we are 30 years old and eager to start a family, feeling like some piece is missing in our relationship, me feeling incompetent as a man to not be able to give us the gift of a child....envious of those who can so easily, envious of my friends, so much **** going through my head about this, now with fathers day around the corner and my boy sending me pictures of the fathers day card his 5 year old made him, family planning to take out my father-n-law and bro-in-law for a dinner and im the only male out the family who cant relate with them....it just sucks bros.

Anyways, I just want you guys to appreciate the gift you have, dont go effin around and slippin up and thinking an abortion will fix it, because just like me there are other men who can only wish and pray that one day we have the opportunity to celebrate fatherhood, something so many men seem to take for granted.

Last but not least, happy fathers day to all those responsible dads out there, doing it all for their kids.

INB4 GET A BLOG.
INB4 TL;DR
INB4 CLIFFS?

Adopt a kid... the world has enough children already and there are so many children left without parents or anyone to love them, they would appreciate you more than any natural child ever could

yeah thats an option, but is just not the same...

I've always wondering this. And I'm not trolling. But ifyour percent if moving sperm is low , can't you just have sex 6-7 times in a row and that will equal one healthy .. Uh. Load ?

And I know how you feel about adoption.I feel the same way.

you can have sex 100 times bro, problem is they are not moving fast enough or with enough strength to travel all the way up to where they'll meet the egg....so hopefully with the IUI procedure the journey is cut in half, but for it to have a good chance of success one must produce at least 5 mil moving sperm, in my case i only produced 1.2 mil

True, it's definitely not the same, but it depends what you want out of it I guess. In both cases you'll raise a child. Having a natural one will give you the pride to know you passed on part of you to create a new life, but adopting one will give you the feeling that you just saved a child. 

Different choices for different people, but when you think about it, when you adopt, you are actually rescuing a life and giving it another chance.

i guess in a way is a bit selfish, but adoption would be a last resort, as i do want to experience my wife pregnant, the delivery of my own child, looking at this baby we created that looks like us, etc.

selfish i know, but is fair to want to create a life.

If you don't mind me asking (understand if you do), is it at all clear if your low sperm count was possibly caused by your lifestyle.. ie smoking, drugs, etc? Or is it just bad luck

I truly hope it works out for you. Dudes out here having unwanted births, and people like you that want kids have difficulty having them. 

This reminded me of Hank Hill though

If you don't mind me asking (understand if you do), is it at all clear if your low sperm count was possibly caused by your lifestyle.. ie smoking, drugs, etc? Or is it just bad luck

i doubt it, im a social drinker at most, dont smoke, or do any drugs really....at least in my case is not due to my lifestyle...

I remember you mentioned this before. I hope it works out for you guys next check up. Don't get down on yourself.

hey thanks, told the wife we shouldnt get our hopes up, better to be surprised than dissapointed, nah mean?....

Pray on it and know that that your measure as a man is not determined by sperm count, but by you and the wife getting through this together. Hope to hear the good news in 2 weeks.

Damn steezy that's crazy. Hopefully all goes well.

Life is crazy sometimes. Dude that want nothing to do with a kid and pop them out like crazy but then when you have a couple that actually want to do the whole family thing correct there are problems.

Hopefully you'll some good news for us soon. Keep your head up man.

Damn that sucks man....especially since you're the problem and not her...**** would make me low key depressed :lol: but hopefully it ends up happening because miracles with those type circumstances do happen

permission to be immature?

low sperm count?

sounds like a win to me

on the real... you DO know this will be used against you for all of your niketalk life right?

low sperm count?

sounds like a win to me
on the real... you DO know this will be used against you for all of your niketalk life right?
he has to be aware

reminds me of the King of Queens episode. 

this sounds like something I would want, until I reach that age where I want to a father

There are some health care practitioners that have good success using nutrition, exercise, etc. for increasing reproductive health. Lots of factors are important of course, such as micronutrient levels (zinc and others), hormone levels, stress, environmental toxins (heavy metals, plastics), radiation, etc.

I would not give up on this until you've maximized all of your options (and I mean ALL of your options) if you are adamant of having your own child. That means nutritional supplementation, keeping your cell phone away from your hip region at all times, specific diet, getting rid of sources of environmental pollutants (plastics, BPA, heavy metals), etc. Your best bet is to find a "Functional Medicine" physician that knows about manipulating these sorts of variables in relation to fertility. Here's a link to help get you started:
http://www.functionalmedicine.org/practitioner_search.aspx?id=117

low sperm count?

sounds like a win to me

Somethings are more important than NT's opinion on someone, he's looking to vent, not the time for that.

Anyway OP, you seem like a genuine nice guy. It's tough and I understand the feeling towards adoption. Good luck, hope it works for you.

low sperm count?

sounds like a win to me
This
laugh.gif

I'd trade my fertility (pause) with yours (pause) in a heartbeat.

Never want kids.

low sperm count?

sounds like a win to me

The same dude crying about how NTers treat each other......classic.

So is there no solution for your sperm issue? As someone suggested is it a low testosterone issue?

Life is just a bizarre crap shoot. My wifes friends had to do invitro to get pregnant several times and it went down.

Meanwhile, we're the same age, which is the age where getting pregnant is supposedly more of a challenge. I drink, I blaze, I stress like mad over work, and we hit the bullseye the first time we tried.

But we also didn't have sex for like 2 weeks and no fap so I loaded up to get it done. Maybe that would help?

Damn that raw actually trying to get her pregnant sex must be dope. You guys look too great together for it to not work out though, it'll happen b.

low sperm count?

sounds like a win to me

The same dude crying about how NTers treat each other......classic.

So is there no solution for your sperm issue? As someone suggested is it a low testosterone issue?

Life is just a bizarre crap shoot. My wifes friends had to do invitro to get pregnant several times and it went down.

Meanwhile, we're the same age, which is the age where getting pregnant is supposedly more of a challenge. I drink, I blaze, I stress like mad over work, and we hit the bullseye the first time we tried.

But we also didn't have sex for like 2 weeks and no fap so I loaded up to get it done. Maybe that would help?

My man went in guns blazing.

:lol:

The world needs more men who actually WANT to be fathers as opposed to cats who create and leave.

From a dad to a future one....

I wish you and the Mrs the very best.

Back
Top Bottom