Hey Finance Heads, I pose a question (Series 7, 63, 66)

Hi,

I am desiring my Series 7 and 66 probably, obviously you have to be sponsored in order to take the tests.  Of course you have to get into Financial Advising in order to get sponsored, such jobs which are not too hard to get, since they are commission based. 

Here's the thing...I have little interest in getting into Financial Advising with a company at this point in my career, but I want the certifications...what are the stipulations companies put on when they sponsor you?  I'm assuming I wouldn't be able to just get hired on with them, then take the tests then quit...or how does that work?

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Hi,

I am desiring my Series 7 and 66 probably, obviously you have to be sponsored in order to take the tests.  Of course you have to get into Financial Advising in order to get sponsored, such jobs which are not too hard to get, since they are commission based. 

Here's the thing...I have little interest in getting into Financial Advising with a company at this point in my career, but I want the certifications...what are the stipulations companies put on when they sponsor you?  I'm assuming I wouldn't be able to just get hired on with them, then take the tests then quit...or how does that work?

What is it that you are trying to do?

Why are you trying to get certifications in an area that you don't care for?  It's like getting A+ certified but not wanting to install ram. lol
roll.gif

I"ve seen this type of Wall St. cat dream over and over and over again.  The truth is, this is the WRONG PLACE TO ASK, you are filled w/ a bunch of retail guys w/ artificial egos.  If you cannot put up w/ doing something you dont' want, then don't bother.  You think you can be a general w/o attending boot camp?  No way.  Learn how to be a slave in this world, and learn what really earns you respect.  You have no idea how harsh it really is.  I don't think your princess thinking will get you far, especially when you want to take the quick route.

The most difficult thing w/ examinations in the capital markets field relates to compliance. 

A CFA would be better IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom