Hey NT, I need an expedited passport...Suggestions?

I'm heading out of the country by the 25th of this month and I need a passport in about 2 weeks (just to be safe).

There's a bunch of sites out there promising this and that, but then I come across reviews saying its a scam.

Has anyone here dealt with any online passport services that expedite the process for you? Or am I just better off going in person?

i never dealt online but you can actually go in person to do this and as long as you show a plain ticket and dates you should get it super quick ..

Originally Posted by CollegeKicks

I'm heading out of the country by the 25th of this month and I need a passport in about 2 weeks (just to be safe).

There's a bunch of sites out there promising this and that, but then I come across reviews saying its a scam.

Has anyone here dealt with any online passport services that expedite the process for you? Or am I just better off going in person?
Go in person.
You can get an expedited Passport. It's expensive, but if you go cheap with your identity, you'll find you credit maxed out with nothing to show forit.

I've expedited by just calling them... Your on hold forever so make sure you have speaker phone and something to entertain yourself with.. got the badboyin 5 days

Originally Posted by Tupac Jordan

What state do you live in?
NY.

Yeah, I'm thinking going in person will save me a headache.

tecca nena wrote:

I've expedited by just calling them...
Whom did you call? Did you already process it in-person or was this your first course of action?

I got mine in boston in person same day, In most places if you can show that you're traveling soon they can get it out to you faster

Sounds like you haven't even looked this up online yet.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/first/first_830.html

You can get the passport photos done at a Ritz camera store or FedEx Kinko's for about $15. Fill out the application in advance and have everything withyou when you show up at the post office / passport agency and you'll be in and out.

These days it often takes less than 2 weeks to receive a passport even without expedited service, but since your back's against the wall you can'tafford to risk it.

if you're in ny you can head to the state office on hudson and pay 200 or so dollars and get it your passport the same day. you may be sitting for a fewhours waiting but its worth it if you waited till the last min.

Originally Posted by Method Man

You can get the passport photos done at a Ritz camera store or FedEx Kinko's for about $15. Fill out the application in advance and have everything with you when you show up at the post office / passport agency and you'll be in and out.

These days it often takes less than 2 weeks to receive a passport even without expedited service, but since your back's against the wall you can't afford to risk it.
I'm aware that with the proper documentation (completed app, birth certificate, license, and photos) that I can process it quickly, butI'll def be risking it if I wait the standard time frame it takes to receive it.

ATMOSquare wrote:
if you're in ny you can head to the state office on hudson and pay 200 or so dollars and get it your passport the same day.
I think that's my best bet. Thanks.

Originally Posted by RiKaN HaVoK

i never dealt online but you can actually go in person to do this and as long as you show a plain ticket and dates you should get it super quick ..

TheScream.jpg

theres a bunch of spots around herald square where u can get your passport within a week...all u need is a driver's license or someone thathas one

Originally Posted by Method Man

You can get the passport photos done at a Ritz camera store or FedEx Kinko's for about $15. Fill out the application in advance and have everything with you when you show up at the post office / passport agency and you'll be in and out.

These days it often takes less than 2 weeks to receive a passport even without expedited service, but since your back's against the wall you can't afford to risk it.
I'm aware that with the proper documentation (completed app, birth certificate, license, and photos) that I can process it quickly, but I'll def be risking it if I wait the standard time frame it takes to receive it.
You don't need to pay anyone..
do it yourself http://travel.state.gov/p...get/first/first_831.html

Expedited Service
  • Cost, in addition to regular application fees, is $60 per application plus overnight delivery costs.
  • Two-way overnight delivery is strongly suggested.
  • If you submit Form DS-82 by mail - clearly mark "EXPEDITE" on the outside of the envelope.
  • Anyone may request expedited service for any type of application (e.g., first-time applications, renewals, amendments of existing passports, etc.) See:
  • Please note, passport applications sent together or at the same time do not necessarily remain together.
  • Your passport book and/or your passport card may be mailed separately from your returned citizenship evidence.
See http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/get/processing/processing_1740.html for current processing times.

I did just that last year..

or you can apply in person and have it processed in one day.
STEPS TO [color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]SUBMITTING A U.S. PASSPORT APPLICATION IN[/color] PERSON:
Read and understand Steps 1-5 before leaving this page.

STEP 1: Complete and Submit Form DS-11: Application For A U.S. Passport
Complete Form DS-11: Application for a U.S. Passport. To submit Form DS-11, you:
  • Must apply in person at an Acceptance Facility or Passport Agency
  • Must include the additional documentation required by Form DS-11 (See Steps 2-5)
  • Must not sign the application until instructed to do so by the Acceptance Agent
  • Must provide your Social Security number

STEP 2: Submit Evidence of U.S. Citizenship
When applying for a U.S. passport in person, evidence of U.S. citizenship must be submitted with Form DS-11. All documentation submitted as citizenship evidence will be returned to you. These documents will be delivered with your newly issued U.S. passport or in a separate mailing.

[table][tr][td]http:// Primary Evidence of U.S. Citizenship (One of the following):[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
check.gif
Previously issued, undamaged U.S. Passport
check.gif
Certified birth certificate issued by the city, county or state*
check.gif
Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth
check.gif
Naturalization Certificate
check.gif
Certificate of Citizenship
[/td] [/tr][/table]
*A certified birth certificate has a registrar's raised, embossed, impressed or multicolored seal, registrar's signature, and the date the certificate was filed with the registrar's office, which must be within 1 year of your birth. Please note, some short (abstract) versions of birth certificates may not be acceptable for passport purposes.

NOTE: If you do not have primary evidence of U.S. citizenship or your U.S. birth certificate does not meet the requirements, please see Secondary Evidence of U.S. Citizenship.

STEP 3: Present Identification
When applying for a U.S. passport in person, acceptable identification must be presented at the time of application.

[table][tr][td]http:// Primary Identification (One of the following):[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
check.gif
Previously issued, undamaged U.S. passport
check.gif
Naturalization Certificate
check.gif
Valid Driver's License
check.gif
Current Government ID (city, state or federal)
check.gif
Current Military ID (military and dependents)
[/td] [/tr][/table]
NOTE: If you do not have primary identification, please see Secondary Identification.

STEP 4: Pay the Applicable Fee
Please see Current Passport Fees and methods of payment.

STEP 5: Provide Two Passport Photos
http:// We can help you submit clear and correctly exposed passport photos the first time - especially when applying for the U.S. Passport Card. See Quality Requirements for Passport Book & Passport Card Photographs to avoid photo processing delays.

Your Photographs Must Be:
  • Identical
  • In color
  • 2 x 2 inches in size
  • Taken within the past 6 months, showing current appearance
  • Full face, front view with a plain white or off-white background
  • Between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head
  • Taken in normal street attire:
    • Uniforms should not be worn in photographs except religious attire that is worn daily
    • Do not wear a hat or headgear that obscures the hair or hairline
    • If you normally wear prescription glasses, a hearing device, wig or similar articles, they should be worn for your picture
    • Dark glasses or nonprescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless you need them for medical reasons (a medical certificate may be required)
NOTES:

go to the post office...i know my friend did his expedidted there, and he got his within a week and a half...i'd suggest going today.

just remembered collegekicks: if you walk down two blocks south from the passport office you can get your passport photos taken in the deli thats right acrossthe street from starbucks. Hamed charged me 10 dollars for two pics.

Back
Top Bottom