Hey NT, is 25 y/o too old to be living with your parents?

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

As long as your being productive, I don't see a problem.
+1. Culture plays a lot too. My friend is 26 and is still living at home. He has a B.A. and a Masters and work full time. He's just savingup money for a big down on a house. He's not the type that would go to clubs and bring random broads home to smash so that's not an issue.
laugh.gif

But if you're 25, playing W.O.W. all day in the basement...that's a different issue.

I think it is fine as long as your not living at home with parents, with your wife and a kid(s) and having your parents support you.
laugh.gif

Wasn't this discussed in NT a year or so ago?
Some cultures are very family oriented and that some really do live in their parents house until they get married.
Heck i know families who lives with their parents, in his 30's, with his siblings and with both grand parents all in the same house.
Some houses has 3-4 generations living in one roof.

I moved back home after college..i was 23..right now i'm 24 and i've been home for a lil over a year..it sucks..but not having a full-time teaching jobis hurtin my independent livin arrangements..so i'm okay..i substitute teach and i waiter/work at champs..so i stay busy..and then i'm away from homeon the weekends visitin my girl about an hour and a half away..hopefully by next sept. i will have a full-time teachin job and then i can move out on my own..

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

so whats the reasonable age for you to move out? man Im getting scared Im gonna be 20 this year so the clock is tickin
frown.gif
only so long u can milk mommy for money
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

dont worry

I am on track to live with my parents at the age of 25 ( 21 now )

same here, aint nothing wrong, there is no better place than home

I'm 24 and still home... My dad is a pain, I was about to bounce last month but he was like Stay. He charges me 800 bucks rent too. I HATE HIM

Nah it's cool man don't listen to all these haters. Live your life the way you do, that's all that matters. Liars will say, "I moved at 14,15, 16, 17, etc. and I'm doing fine, blah. blah...." Fact is, they don't know who you are. If you happy then fight on brotha. If you move out justto move out, and have to have 3 jobs with no life and all that, then you are worse off then living with your parents. If you can comfortably leave, then goahead too. Don't listen to these liars and haters.

Originally Posted by wj4

+1. Culture plays a lot too. My friend is 26 and is still living at home. He has a B.A. and a Masters and work full time. He's just saving up money for a big down on a house. He's not the type that would go to clubs and bring random broads home to smash so that's not an issue.
laugh.gif
kinda sounds like me, except I don't have a Masters and saving up money for a big down on a house.

I smash girls at their place
laugh.gif

moving back FTL, when your on your own in college and moving back, initially it is cool. but after awhile it gets pretty bad
at least you going to school or working

Makes it a whole lot easier to save for a down payment on your OWN house so you can take the tax deductions and possibly get some return on your investment.A lot better than paying $1000+ a month to something and not getting really anything in return.

If you graduated college at 22 and lived at home for 3 yrs and saved up 30-50 K for a down payment on a starter house / condo you'd be a lot further aheadthan the guy who went the same track but lived on his own and spent that 1000+ a month (+ utilities) to live on his own and has nowhere near enough to put adown payment on a piece of property.

Neither way is correct, it is just about what you want to do, your family situation, how much money you make etc.

Originally Posted by jb 11368

Yes.

If at 25 your still saving to move, your failing at life.

And I moved out at 17.
well i'll probably be here at age 24, when im paying 5000 a year for school and only working in the summer, it's pointless to move into adive apt. when i can keep saving and have a house by 25. it's the easiest way to do it and works out best in the end.

Originally Posted by TimelessFlight

Originally Posted by undefinedinc

I'm 25 living at home as well. I'm in school working on my degrees so I can't work full time to pay rent. It depends what you are doing with your life...
I graduated college about a year and been looking for jobs left and right. Luckly I landed somewhere I like and enjoy working and also the pay is nice. Lately I've been thinking of going back to school to get my MBA.
Definitely go and get your MBA bro, you want to get the most out of your major. Don't listen to these dudes saying they moved out at 14, halfof them are just working at footlocker and putting all their pay checks to rent.

i was in fosters homes since 13 and i came back to live with my mom at the age of 20 im currently 22 but yea man i think about it all the time i gotta move outmaybe when i hit 24 i gotta stack enough that im comfortable

Originally Posted by TimelessFlight

Originally Posted by wj4

+1. Culture plays a lot too. My friend is 26 and is still living at home. He has a B.A. and a Masters and work full time. He's just saving up money for a big down on a house. He's not the type that would go to clubs and bring random broads home to smash so that's not an issue.
laugh.gif
kinda sounds like me, except I don't have a Masters and saving up money for a big down on a house.

I smash girls at their place
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I'd be too shook honestly, unless I know the parents are on vacation somewhere. The dude is the definition of frugal. By the way hedresses and the car he drives, you would never expect him to have 6 figure saved up, word to the book "Millionaire Next Door". He does have agirlfriend, but he's extremely conservative.

At 25 I need to be married with kids already. But that is just me, everyone's situation is different. Are you at least contributing money (didn't readthe thread?)

you guys sure know how to make me feel like crap.
laugh.gif

not 25 yet.. still 22, but it feels like i was just 17.

got a dude that i know that's 32 and still lives with his parents.. FORCED to do chores and all that stuff..
laugh.gif

im 19...but im planning to stay at home until i finish with school and start my career
pimp.gif

I'm happy where I'm at. Im 23 living at home with both of my parents. Its coo, I help out with bills and groceries or whatever and I'm an onlychild too so that may play a role.

Even if I wanted to move out I couldnt right now. I have car payments/insurance payments, and CC bills just to name a few. Ill probably move out until I getmarried or find the right chick to move in with. It doesnt really matter though because I do what I want. It would be nice to have your own place because itsucks not being able to bring home random broads.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom