Hey NT, is 25 y/o too old to be living with your parents?

You should be out by 22/23 latest.

If you grad highschool when u 17. Start college thats 17,18,19,20 maybe 21 latest. Give yourself a year a year and a half to find a job. thats 22/23. 25 is tolate. what r you waiting for them to die so you get the crib for free?

There's nothing wrong with it as long as you're doing something and not jobless or not doing anything with school. I honestly don't see how I couldpay for rent, my car, car insurance, school loans, utilities, food, gas, and be able to save any type of money all at the same time. I didn't even mentionhaving money to just go out with. Obviously if you're 21 and making enough money to pay all your bills and expenses and be able to save and invest, then byall means you should be moved out. But if you're making just decent money and trying to establish yourself, staying at home is fine at 25, just have a planto do something eventually though.

I'm 25 and still living at home. A couple things about me though:

- I'm Asian and my mom don't ant me to move until I'm married
- I have about 120g's saved up.
- Got a full time job (35 - 40g's a year)
- And my dad is sick so I gotta help take care of him

So yea it's ok but I wanna move out pretty bad.

i think it depends on a persons situation. if your just out of college and just finding a job then planing to save up, its understandable.
if not, then yeah, its a bit too old.

Bruh you tripping. You a grown @@@ man.
smh.gif
smh.gif

I was out at 17. U don't gota save *+% ... just work and go find you an apartment clown.

thats a terrible idea.

saving money or living paycheck to paycheck?

hmmm....

this economy isnt exactly in the shape to just get a great paying job that easily.

Sik i thought you were a fireman?
Originally Posted by Boomatic206

perfect example, this man is set when he's ready to start out.

and i dunno if yall start school earlier or what...

but i graduated at 18, and i was one of the last to turn 18 in my senior class... thats weird.
i was the young dude in my grade.

Originally Posted by dunkairs

You should be out by 22/23 latest.

If you grad highschool when u 17. Start college thats 17,18,19,20 maybe 21 latest. Give yourself a year a year and a half to find a job. thats 22/23. 25 is to late. what r you waiting for them to die so you get the crib for free?
that's true for the most part but with how the economy is finding a job isn't so easy anymore. You would hope to have a job out of collegebut times are hard right now. Honestly if your living at home but still thinking about going back to school its not bad to live at home, but realistically youshould plan on trying to move out. Since you are thinking about gettin your master's most programs are designed for you to work a full time job while yourin school so paying for your own place shouldn't be too bad.

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

Sik i thought you were a fireman?
im a State Certified Fire Fighter and Certified EMT

im on the grind looking for a job.

in Florida/Central Florida....its reallllllllly competitive to get a job, so im just grinding looking to get hired.

Originally Posted by Boomatic206

Wow. i wish your dad the best.

Im 22 livin at home, bout to grad in june. HOpefully get a job and start takin steps towards movin out.

Mom has me in no hurry tho.

Originally Posted by DaGreatJ

I'm 24 and still home... My dad is a pain, I was about to bounce last month but he was like Stay. He charges me 800 bucks rent too.
eek.gif
How much does it cost to get a studio or one-bedroom apartment in your city?

Originally Posted by pip777

I'm 24 and still home... My dad is a pain, I was about to bounce last month but he was like Stay. He charges me 800 bucks rent too.
eek.gif
Damn what's the point of that?

wow u should not have put this on NT,

were you looking for punishment.

I left at 19 but every situation is different

there's different circumstances

-if your 25 and living with you parents because you don't do +**! and suck off your mommy's teet, than yes you are too old
-if you just got laid off, or taking care of a sick relative, or some other extenuating circumstance, I can see where its not a big deal

in new york its not uncommon. not only is the cost of living high but jobs are scarce. no matter what though you at least gotta flip the tables of who'spaying the bills.

I thought this was failry common stuff. Especially if your from a carribean family, your %!# aint going nowhere for a while. Move at your own pace, everyoneitching to be independent when they cant be yet. simple mistakes now can cost you a lot in the future, even when you become ableke to support yourself.

What's hilarious is that cats are in here talking about 25 is too old and get a job, etc, like the economy isn't in the gutter. F what they say -- geta good job (if possible), save money, and when the economy comes back, get out of their house. Don't mooch though, don't mooch ...

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

Originally Posted by pip777

eek.gif
Damn what's the point of that?

my guess would be. no water bills, electricity bills, phone bills, internet, cable/satellite.

laugh.gif
damn man, you gotta move out
you shouldve moved out 6-7 years ago unless youre set for when you move out... if you ever do

If you're at home being a bum and doing nothing, then its a problem.

But if you just came outta college and are saving up a bit before you leave, then by all means I don't see a prob.

Some of you dude's seem like you still have your umbilical cords attached. What do girls say when you take em back to your parents house?? When do you haveany privacy??

I was 18 when I moved out, right out of High-School. And my parents were great, so I really had no reason to move out. But, I still just couldn't wait toget my own place.

First 2 years it wasn't nothing but booze, parties, and women.

Back
Top Bottom