Hey NT, is 25 y/o too old to be living with your parents?

I'm 23 and technically still live with my mom. All my stuff is there but I spend 4 or more nights a week @ my girls house. I pay rent at my moms to helpher with the mortgage, enough rent to live out on my own. Each time I bring up moving out she gives the guilt trip about having to sell the house. We'velived in the house my entire life. Guess I'm waiting for her to figure out what to do. I hate not having a place where I can go and be on my own. Althoughwe have to floors and we mostly stay out of each others hair.

it depends what your circumstances are....cant speak on your situation but at 25 you should have better control of your finances and know what amount of moneyyou need to be fully independent...

I'm 24...Only child...I'm still here. I don't give a $#%# what anybody thinks...I love being with my family.

I'm an only child...I'm the only one they can rely on for anything.

No freeload either, I pay alot of bills here.

Originally Posted by jawn piece

"MOM.....THE MEATLOAF!!!!"

laugh.gif

Goal is to be out of my parents house before my 23rd birthday

I've got until August. Saving up to get my own duplex which seems like it will be ok
smile.gif
Definitely appreciated them letting me stay here pretty much rentfree (paid for daycare, 100 a week) and letting me eat and it really allowed me to stack.

Not if you're gettin it in. My boy was like 24, had property, and was making close to 80k a year...with his parents. But this guy was a rare breed though,crazy focused.

...If you really don't have anything going for you, you're failing at a rapid pace.

Come to think about it, at 25 I was married with 2 kids. No way I could still have been at home anyway
laugh.gif

I guess if you don't mind living at home, nobody should. I just couldn't wait to get 100% freedom (I also had 2 younger sisters).

You shoulda been moved out. If you dont want to get a spot by yourself find a rooomate. Being away from the nest makes you strong and helps you get yourpriorities in order.

25 is def. not too old at all ... especially the way things are nowadays ... its nice having freedom but let's be serious ... if u can save money and getur own place and help out the parents ... its a win win 4 everyone ...

I moved out @ 22 cuz my crib was damn near headed a Benoit situation, funny thing is now me and my mom are like best friends now, so............ yea

this reminds me of the chappelle episode when he was still living with his grandmama.

GRANNY DON"T
roll.gif
roll.gif
. but to answer ur question, yes, 25 is too old to be livin with ur folks.

9cefdd1af3bec5d66122c68f298dec33.jpg

I'm 23 now, still in college graduating in a year or so then off to Grad. school. I'm probably not gonna move out until I'm 26-27 or until I have agood chunk saved up to put a down-payment on a house. I'm not looking for an apartment and my girl isn't either. My house situation right now is great,everyone pitches in, I go out when I want to, I have my girl over when I want too...etc.

I'm not moving out until the time is right, meaning until I have enough money saved up and have found a spot for where I would one day want to raise mykid(s).

I'm 20 and I plan to move out after college. But we all know $#+* dont always go as planned.

My sister still live here and she's...what..turns 27 this march
laugh.gif
I be gettin on her but she's stackin and gettin her career $#+* right I guess.

I've never seen a group of people in that much of a rush to pay bills in my life....

Seriously, if you move out at 17, 18..hell, even 19, you're crazy...unless you wanted THAT much freedom, or didn't want to adhere to any rules. At thatage, I was livin at home quite comfortably, jackin off money on whatever the hell I wanted. I wasn't in a rush to take on any REAL responsibilities. Therewas no sense in growing up before my time. One of my homeboys just moved out at 26, and when he did, he put down 50% on his house, and his car just gotcompletely paid off in 3.5 years...he saved up, and did it the right way IMO....no sense in strugglin at such an early age for no reason, just to say"hey, I moved out...I'm broke as *+##, but hey...at least I moved out!"

It's fine. My sister is 26 and she's still home. I'm 22 and I still live here. Sometimes, I get laughed at because I'm still living at home butwhenever there's a leaky faucet I'm always there to fix it. As long as you stay productive and get your career focused then keep living at home. Thereain't nothing better then a home-cooked meal.

Back
Top Bottom