Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Agreed on Fauci. I'm not sure what his end game is, but he probably owns stock in PPE or something.

I think the reason why masks were initially discouraged is because prior to covid, the main reason surgical masks were used by hospital employees was not to prevent you from catching something, it was to prevent you from spreading something to a patient. Maybe the patient was immunocompromised or some kind of surgery had to be done, something like that.

If there was any reason to be afraid of catching something from a patient, then you wear the n95 masks. That's how it was working at a hospital.

The theory behind universal use of masks now is that if everyone wore it then no one would form droplets, thus reducing spread. Wearing a surgical mask, in of itself, is still an ineffective way of preventing yourself from catching covid if the people around you are mask less. Like don't walk into a room of ppl not wearing masks with a surgical mask and think you're bulletproof.

Maybe at the beginning of covid the news and politics ppl in the west were echoing hospital doctrine but then further into the pandemic they realized it'd be better off if everyone wore surgical masks so each wearer has reduced droplet formation.

Didn’t he say masks were bad for awhile? From Fauci, to the CDC, to WHO, ‘facts’ are all over the place.
The cdc just recently said that 70% of those who caught covid had masks ON.
Some further clarification regarding that 70% figure that is being misunderstood or misinterpreted...

• 70.6% of patients who tested positive for COVID-19 had self-reported that they "always" wore masks
  • An even higher percentage of the "control patients" who did not contract the virus self-reported always wearing masks, at 74.2%, which suggests that their mask-wearing may have helped stave off the virus.
  • Another reason both percentages are so high is because the majority of study participants — 226 of 314 patients, or 72% — reported they "always" wore masks.

Last edited:
Glad to see NYC holding the line though. Cases have crept up but only slowly, and hopefully that'll get the city and state to hold off on reopenings.

Now for some politics: **** Trump, **** Atlas, and **** anybody coming after Faucigod. Trump and Atlas and anybody helping or supporting them have the deaths of 220,000 Americans (and more to come) on their hands. This is irresponsible, dangerous, and ignorant:

props to IATT IATT for posting these already in the politics thread.

Last edited:
COVID deniers are idiots.

This jobless pathologist who claims to be a data expert thought she could fit a line to some data and make the claim that we only detect more covid deaths when we run more tests.

But if you take her model seriously, it implies that if we run 110,000 covid tests per week, we'll have 0 covid deaths. And if we run 0 covid tests per week, we'll bring people back to life.

Data analysis is tricky and it is hard. The arena where idiots show up the most is in these linear correlation graphs. Why? Because they're easy to run in excel and they're what is taught in intro college classes. But the reality is that you need a model and the model here is way more complicated than this linear fit implies. At the same time, it's not that complicated. It's still basic statistics. There are confounders here -- more testing likely occurs when more people are getting sick, which also means more people are dying. And the more obvious likely confounder: testing capacity increases over time, and this has coincided with a surge in covid in England.

Also if your in NYS not NYC the movie theaters are going to reopen

Probably not a good idea

Yeah, I'm out on this!! I'm a HUGE movie guy. Having Bond, Fast 9 and Top Gun Maverick, & Black Widow all get pushed back is killing me. I've been waiting for the Top Gun sequel for decades! And now, I gotta wait 6 more months for it to release then 3-4 more months to go to digital. Nope, won't go back to the theater anytime soon. Just drop movies on digital. Charge $15 a shot and do it. The movie theater business model, in a pandemic is a dying business model!

nobody

which is why they're trying to open these theatres

which nobody is going to

but they can't think of anything else to do

Well, it really wasn't the movie to try going full digital and skip the theaters during a pandemic. They should have dropped Black Widow on digital and saw the numbers. It would have been a great release with people still wanting more from End Game. Same with Top Gun. That would have done well on digital as well as Bond 25.

Damn I'm late. Didn't know Top Gun was getting a sequel
dead.png

Developed a cough on the 8th and didn’t think anything of it. Seemed like a normal seasonal cold.

This past Friday the cough got worse as well as a runny nose. Fast forward to today with cough, runny nose, tired, and had a fever earlier today. I’ve been in bed all day. I had a COVID test this morning. Have to wait a couple days for results.

Update: Negative test.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom