Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Makes sense. It's common for people to be afraid of needles/injections. I really don't like getting shots so my heart rate always goes up when I get one.

agreed. I’m the same. My blood pressure actually usually drops before shots and blood word. I was scarred though as a child before I moved I the US. The needles that they used in post communist Poland in the early 90s were massive for blood work and vaccines so I use to never want to take them. I remember when I moved to the US I needed vaccines to start school when I was 7, they couldn’t give it to me. They had this massive 6’4 250+ dude try to hold me. Nope, played the catch me if you can game at the office for about 20 mins after I slithered my way out :lol: My mom was pissed and so was the doctor since I was wasting their time.

once I got a consistent pediatrician though who was super delicate, I sort of got over it and now I’m fine. But I still hate it. I just try to relax now knowing that it’ll be over soon. The needles are so tiny now and good nurses and doctor just know how to do it correctly. The person who administered both my covid vaccine was good too. Just a small pinch and that’s it both times.

Forgot to post up. Got my 2nd shot of Pfizer on the 20th. 3 weeks and 3 days after my first. Was really worried about the side effect and was basically figuring I would be in bed all of Wednesday, as I don't have a functioning immune system (due to anti-rejection medication for my transplant). But strangely, I was totally 100% fine the next day and the day after. Only a small amount of arm soreness and that was it. I couldn't believe it.

My wife heard that the healthier you are the more of a chance you'll feel ill after the 2nd. Something about a strong immune system will fight the vaccine for a little. Not sure if this is true but it makes sense, at least for me as there was nothing for the vaccine to fight with. I'm very relieved I'm protected now. 👍👍🙏🙏

Forgot to post up. Got my 2nd shot of Pfizer on the 20th. 3 weeks and 3 days after my first. Was really worried about the side effect and was basically figuring I would be in bed all of Wednesday, as I don't have a functioning immune system (due to anti-rejection medication for my transplant). But strangely, I was totally 100% fine the next day and the day after. Only a small amount of arm soreness and that was it. I couldn't believe it.

My wife heard that the healthier you are the more of a chance you'll feel ill after the 2nd. Something about a strong immune system will fight the vaccine for a little. Not sure if this is true but it makes sense, at least for me as there was nothing for the vaccine to fight with. I'm very relieved I'm protected now. 👍👍🙏🙏

By that logic though doesn’t that mean you aren’t healthy?

Woke up this morning. Only a little arm soreness where the injection was. Outside of that nothing. It’s been what 17 hours since my 2nd Moderna shot?

I always wonder if there's any correlation to the side effects felt from the vaccine vs the side effects felt from the actual virus

Would the person who gets COVID and is asymptomatic not feel any effects from the vaccine?

My complete guess is that if you're asymptomatic from the vaccines you'd probably be asymptomatic with the actual virus.

I'm guessing so as well, outside of a the soreness in the area my arm was shot nothing else was abnormal about it. If this is the case I may have had COVID b4 & didn't know it.

While there may or may not be some minor correlation between vaccine side effects and efficacy of the vaccine and it's certainly interesting to study, for example that prior covid-19 + one dose of mRNA vaccine seems to confer full protection, the bottom line is that the vaccine works for nearly everybody regardless of side effects and regardless of age, sex, and underlying health conditions.

"The advice on the Moderna vaccine says that common side-effects may be experienced by one in ten people, yet the vaccine protects 95% of those who take it."

agreed. I’m the same. My blood pressure actually usually drops before shots and blood word. I was scarred though as a child before I moved I the US. The needles that they used in post communist Poland in the early 90s were massive for blood work and vaccines so I use to never want to take them. I remember when I moved to the US I needed vaccines to start school when I was 7, they couldn’t give it to me. They had this massive 6’4 250+ dude try to hold me. Nope, played the catch me if you can game at the office for about 20 mins after I slithered my way out :lol: My mom was pissed and so was the doctor since I was wasting their time.

once I got a consistent pediatrician though who was super delicate, I sort of got over it and now I’m fine. But I still hate it. I just try to relax now knowing that it’ll be over soon. The needles are so tiny now and good nurses and doctor just know how to do it correctly. The person who administered both my covid vaccine was good too. Just a small pinch and that’s it both times.
Apparently tensing muscles will help keep your blood pressure from dropping. I was sitting there clenching my fist while I got my shot and my gf was crouching :lol:. I can definitely see how getting stuck with massive needles as a kid would scar you. **** that, I don't even want to deal with these tiny needles.

I always wonder if there's any correlation to the side effects felt from the vaccine vs the side effects felt from the actual virus

Would the person who gets COVID and is asymptomatic not feel any effects from the vaccine?
It probably depends on so many factors. We are all getting the same dose with the vaccines (or, at least for example if you get the Pfizer vaccine, you got the same dose as everyone else). With COVID-19, people can be exposed to a different number of viral particles. This has been an ongoing theory to help explain why some people get more sick than others.

So small update. About 2 hours back I got a small fever and slight muscle/ligament aches. Popped some
Tylenol and feel better. Need to fight this off as I got a morning tee time tomorrow at bethpage. Need to get my tiger woods on.

I'm trying to talk to a family member about getting vaccinated and to clarify any misconceptions.
Their main reasons for not getting vaccinated are
1. They previously had Covid and did not have any severe symptoms so they know how their body will react to the virus
2. They say the ingredients/chemicals in the vaccine have never been used before. Is there any clarification on this from the CDC or drugmakers? Have they outright said that the ingredients that went into this are common in other vaccines?
3. None of the vaccines are FDA approved. Which is an understandable fear many people have. They have been out for about 6 months now, what is preventing them from officialy approving the vaccines? What boxes have yet to be checked off?

I'm trying to talk to a family member about getting vaccinated and to clarify any misconceptions.
Their main reasons for not getting vaccinated are
1. They previously had Covid and did not have any severe symptoms so they know how their body will react to the virus
2. They say the ingredients/chemicals in the vaccine have never been used before. Is there any clarification on this from the CDC or drugmakers? Have they outright said that the ingredients that went into this are common in other vaccines?
3. None of the vaccines are FDA approved. Which is an understandable fear many people have. They have been out for about 6 months now, what is preventing them from officialy approving the vaccines? What boxes have yet to be checked off?
1. Just because they didn't have any severe symptoms the first time doesn't mean they won't the next time. There are several variants that appear to spread easier and cause more severe disease. The vaccines will likely provide better and longer protection, and they have been shown to be effective against multiple variants.

2. Which ingredients/chemicals are they referring to?

3. The vaccines have received Emergency Use Authorization. They still had to go through clinical trials to demonstrate safety and efficacy, and they continue to monitor the people that participated in the trials. Dealing with the FDA is expensive and time consuming, so at this point it's probably just a matter of the vaccine manufacturers collecting data that they can submit for review.

1 - they don't know if they could get reinfected and how their body would handle that. also, it's mostly to protect those around you, not yourself. if anything it's a bit selfish to only think of how you yourself handled covid.

2 - the ingredients/chemicals have now been tested in over 100 million Americans with stricter observation than almost anything else on the market.

3 - FDA approval typically takes years. even the expedited review takes 6 months. sure, they can try to wait it out until it gets FDA approval, but for what purpose?

obviously i'd be a bit gentler with how you explain these points to them... acknowledge that their fears and doubts are coming from a good place but walk them through the numbers and the broader benefits of the vaccine. as individualistic as we are, it's important to reinforce that this is a collective effort and that the ONLY way back to normal, the ONLY way to make everybody comfortable again with normal life, is for everybody to get vaccinated.

the efficacy of the vaccines and their safety profile are incredible. it's like we've been handed a gift and every American can get it for free right now.

1. Just because they didn't have any severe symptoms the first time doesn't mean they won't the next time. There are several variants that appear to spread easier and cause more severe disease. The vaccines will likely provide better and longer protection, and they have been shown to be effective against multiple variants.

2. Which ingredients/chemicals are they referring to?

3. The vaccines have received Emergency Use Authorization. They still had to go through clinical trials to demonstrate safety and efficacy, and they continue to monitor the people that participated in the trials. Dealing with the FDA is expensive and time consuming, so at this point it's probably just a matter of the vaccine manufacturers collecting data that they can submit for review.
They didn't refer to any specific ingredients/chemicals. Which led to look up some and info nd I came up with a question myself: Where does the spike protein used in the vaccine come from and what is it attached to in order to enter the body?

1 - they don't know if they could get reinfected and how their body would handle that. also, it's mostly to protect those around you, not yourself. if anything it's a bit selfish to only think of how you yourself handled covid.

2 - the ingredients/chemicals have now been tested in over 100 million Americans with stricter observation than almost anything else on the market.

3 - FDA approval typically takes years. even the expedited review takes 6 months. sure, they can try to wait it out until it gets FDA approval, but for what purpose?

obviously i'd be a bit gentler with how you explain these points to them... acknowledge that their fears and doubts are coming from a good place but walk them through the numbers and the broader benefits of the vaccine. as individualistic as we are, it's important to reinforce that this is a collective effort and that the ONLY way back to normal, the ONLY way to make everybody comfortable again with normal life, is for everybody to get vaccinated.

the efficacy of the vaccines and their safety profile are incredible. it's like we've been handed a gift and every American can get it for free right now.
I touched up on all these points. I'll try to re-affirm the point that the variants are different and that this is the only way back to normal for everyone.

The question about the ingredients/chemicals is still there though. Have they been used in other vaccines in the past?

They didn't refer to any specific ingredients/chemicals. Which led to look up some and info nd I came up with a question myself: Where does the spike protein used in the vaccine come from and what is it attached to in order to enter the body?
The vaccine delivers mRNA wrapped in a fatty capsule to your cells. The fatty capsule is just to protect the mRNA so that it can be successfully delivered to your cells. Once the mRNA is inside your cells, it provides the instructions for your cells to make the spike protein.

Back
Top Bottom