Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
it's been a few weeks since my job announced that everyone fully vaccinated dint have to wear a mask...

I'm still wearing mine.... doesn't bother me at all

Do you trust your co-workers to be honest about their status? Is your employer using the honor system or actually verifying? We held vaccine clinics on site, so I know for a fact our entire office staff is vaccinated, but it's unnerving when people have on site meetings with outside vendors who aren't wearing masks. All I know is that me and my family haven't been sick in a year and a half and I don't mind wearing my mask to keep that streak alive.

My wife went to Costco and home depot this morning. Guess who's are not wearing mask? Most white folks of course.
I went to local asian market. Of course only the white folks who didn't wear mask.
Since I work in healthcare industry, my workplace still require mask regardless if you're vaccinated or not.
Some local business definitely have ditched mask requirement. The barbershop and running store I went to have nobody wearing mask at all.
It seems some big chain stores like Target, Costco, Home Depot, DSG, Starbucks still require the employees to wear one.
I still carry one just in case if it's required. But I personally have loosen it up myself, especially if it's outdoor.

That Inside the NBA desk was always funny to me. Like they space them out so far along with plexi and then I'm almost positive at the end of their shifts they were likely still dapping/hugging it out before leaving lol. I mean optics though right?!? Also, is the NBA going to keep fans from behind the team benches for the rest of the playoffs? Also interesting how they still doing distanced interviews with players/coaches. I get the pandemic is still ongoing and far from contained especially in some places but some things just seem silly at this point.
The optics are interesting. The tv side that shows staples center has cutouts and distancing. The non tv side is packed

I noticed during nfl season, they had some families smashed together At the 50 yard line instead of truly spacing out. MM was like that too.

and then with the nba, protection seems to be on the bench players only, and not those on the court, as packed court side seats are right ON the court. Arent the ones maskless on the courts the most vulnerable?

Do you trust your co-workers to be honest about their status? Is your employer using the honor system or actually verifying? We held vaccine clinics on site, so I know for a fact our entire office staff is vaccinated, but it's unnerving when people have on site meetings with outside vendors who aren't wearing masks. All I know is that me and my family haven't been sick in a year and a half and I don't mind wearing my mask to keep that streak alive.

No, that's the simple answer..

my employer is asking for proof of vaccination , and somewhat keeping a record of all the people vaccinated

we have people coming in an out all the time (Temp workers and potential clients) , also there has been times when people kinda slipped and said they did experience symptoms last year ...but still showed up to work.. smh

so in all honesty , i feel more comfortable with mask on... also not everyone is vaccinated (a few orange man supporters that still think they'll get 5g from it)

How's India doing now? I know it was a state of emergency last month over there but havent seen news articles popping up in my feed anymore.

Majority of people in my area still wearing masks. Think most places still require you to wear one anyway. Been growing my beard for over six months now and making it look nice with some beard balm is useless since a mask just pushes it in all directions and has me looking crazy. SMH.

Last edited:
A good majority of people in the Bay Area are still masked up. Good to see. I’ll keep an eye on our numbers and will probably keep masking up until the end of July at the earliest.

Last edited:
Welp my friend may have Covid for the second time in a few months. He has all the symptoms just awaiting the test result.
He got Covid almost 3 months ago and was told he had to wait 3 months to get vaccinated so he never did and now he may have it again. His mom who also contracted it back then went to try to get a vaccine and was told that because she still has antibodies she had to wait.
I think this is a hospital by hospital protocol. The one they go to is going by these recommendations.
I told him he should have gone elsewhere and got the vaccine.

I'm starting to think a lot of the unvaccinated folks out there are in a similar situation or have had Covid this year and don't feel the need to get the shot.
I don't think it's as many dummies refusing to get it for no reason than I originally thought.

Here we vaccinate if you haven't had the main symptoms (fever etc) for 4 weeks. Not sure what you'd wait longer than that.

The not getting a vaccine because you've had it bothers me too - it's the usual Trumpian nonsense - having antibodies after fighting off the virus is some protection - but I don't think it's as good as the vaccine against other strains so it makes sense to get vaccinated too.

One down, one to go.

20210604_195619.jpg

How has vaccine accessibility been like out by you? (Denmark, right?)
The COVID response has been better than the vaccine rollout.

Think maybe we got outbid, but so far we controlled the pandemic reasonably well. I'm freaking out a bit, because we're dropping the restrictions as the Delta variant is gaining foothold in Europe. I still carry masks on my person, but I don't wear them nearly as much. I do most of my socializing and drinking outside. I'm still in wait and see mode.

My girl and I are still masked up before we even walk out our door. Waking the dog, going to the car, work, gym, etc. And we're vaccinated just still being smart about everything. We have done some indoor dining tho. Still feels weird but it does feel good to sit down and have a good meal and some drinks in a restaurant for the first time since last February/March.

My girl and I are still masked up before we even walk out our door. Waking the dog, going to the car, work, gym, etc. And we're vaccinated just still being smart about everything. We have done some indoor dining tho. Still feels weird but it does feel good to sit down and have a good meal and some drinks in a restaurant for the first time since last February/March.

At first I read this as “my girl and I SMASH before we walk out the door, walk the dog, etc”

like what does that have to do with this thread? Had to go back and re-read :lol:

At first I read this as “my girl and I SMASH before we walk out the door, walk the dog, etc”

like what does that have to do with this thread? Had to go back and re-read :lol:
I read it as “we wear our masks for all kinds of low risk activities but take them off to eat and drink with a room full of strangers”. That’s like putting your condom on before going to the club only to take it off to smash some chick you just met.

tucker carlson had a segment on WHO advising parents not to give kids the vaccine.. guess what kind of supporter shared that on their story >D

Back
Top Bottom