Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Natural immunity

Aren’t vaccinated people still contracting COVID and dying?!?! 🤣🤣😂 the hypocrisy!!

LOL

AMANDA ARONCZYK, BYLINE: At the end of July, I went to Iceland for the same reason that lots of people have been travelling there. They've had very low COVID rates and very high vaccination rates. So Iceland said to potential tourists, come to Iceland, where you can pay big bucks to ride little horses. But as we are packing to go on our trip, there was this COVID spike there. And this was very concerning because most of the people getting infected were fully vaccinated. You might have heard similar worries about Israel or the U.K. or about that outbreak in Provincetown, Mass. Katrine Wallace, an epidemiologist at University of Illinois at Chicago, ran the Iceland numbers for me. She found that over one month this summer, 67% of COVID infections there were in people who were fully vaccinated, which sounds really bad.

KATRINE WALLACE: So when you first look at that, at first blush, you say, oh, that means most people that are vaccinated will end up getting COVID. So we shouldn't use the vaccine, right?

ARONCZYK: But that 67% does not mean that the vaccine isn't working. It's a misreading of what's actually happening.

WALLACE: It is just people committing the base rate fallacy. They're not considering the whole context of the data.

ARONCZYK: The base rate fallacy. That means a very critical piece of information is missing, the base rate. The base rate is basically how common some characteristic is in a group. So in this case, the base rate that we care about is what percentage of the country's population has already been vaccinated. And the answer is 71%. Seventy-one percent of the total population of Iceland has been vaccinated. So that's a lot of people.

WALLACE: For context, in the U.S., we only have about 50.2% of our population fully vaccinated at this time.

ARONCZYK: In Iceland, almost everyone who could get a vaccine got a vaccine. So it's not surprising then that when COVID cases do happen in Iceland, most of them happen in vaccinated people. A thought experiment - imagine a world where everybody has the vaccine, where 100% of people are vaccinated. In that world, if there's any COVID left, every single case - 100% of cases - would be in vaccinated people. So the more useful question to ask is, how big was the risk of catching COVID if you were vaccinated? And how big was the risk if you were unvaccinated? Wallace says, in the past six months, six of every thousand vaccinated people in Iceland caught COVID. But for the unvaccinated, the rate of infection was triple that, 18 of every thousand. So clearly, it was better to be vaccinated. And it's not just COVID. Wallace says this base rate fallacy is useful to keep in mind whenever you hear people throwing numbers around to make a point.

Again, LOL.

I'm gonna need more than 15 patients to trust a study.

also the doctor himself, from the clip in the article

It is critically important to understand, that vaccines are still the first line of defense. SARS-CoV-2 is an incredibly infectious virus and vaccines can dramatically reduce the number of patients that get exposed to the virus in the first place.

if vaccinated people are still contracting COVID what are they vaccinated against? Is the real question
Ahhh, so you don't know how vaccines work

I got it now

Not all vaccines have sterilizing immunity famb.

Like Blake P Blake P said, maybe you should go back to page one of this thread and start reading.

I got it now

Like Blake P Blake P said, maybe you should go back to page one of this thread and start reading.
So it’s not all vaccines have immunity so what is the exception of the rules with this one ? Is it convenient for your lib rhetoric? So let me risk a adverse reaction to a vaccine that is not 100% in protecting to a virus that has a 98.7 survivability rate ???

So it’s not all vaccines have immunity so what is the exception of the rules with this one ?

The exception to the rule? Dude there are other examples like the Flu vaccine and the Hep B vaccine.

Any good-faith reading about how vaccines work would tell you there other different levels of protection when it comes to different vaccines...

Is it convenient for your lib rhetoric?

Scientific fact is lib rhetoric?

So your buffoonery is motivated by partisan politics too.

Welp, what a shocker

So let me risk a adverse reaction to a vaccine that is not 100% in protecting to a virus that has a 98.7 survivability rate ???

I don't care was a bigot like you does with his own body. You want to not take the vaccine and risk it, so right ahead. I don't give a damn

But that is not all that you are doing. You are in here peddling all kinds of delusional nonsense

So clearly this isn't strictly about your personal choice, for you.

The exception to the rule? Dude there are other examples like the Flu vaccine and the Hep B vaccine.

Any good-faith reading about how vaccines work would tell you there other different levels of protection when it comes to different vaccines...

Scientific fact is lib rhetoric?

So your buffoonery is motivated by partisan politics too.

Welp, what a shocker

I don't care was a bigot like you does with his own body. You want to not take the vaccine and risk it, so right ahead. I don't give a damn

But that is not all that you are doing. You are in here peddling all kinds of delusional nonsense

So clearly this isn't strictly about your personal choice, for you.
With a “pandemic and the severity of this COVID virus why is it that the success rate is that comparable to the flu shot and hepatitis B which is never considered a global pandemic why doesn’t it have the same rate of effectiveness as Spanish flu measles smallpox chickenpox vaccines etc ? That WAS considered a Global pandemic.. ok I get it

Scientific facts or lib rhetoric.. ok how about you answer this Scientific fact something 1000 times bigger than a virus can pass through cloth and surgical mask.. then why would the left push the idea that mask are effective? What about the 6 feet rule ? Is that Scientific fact or partisan politics ?

and let’s talk about my “risks” shall we ? We have a 98.7 survival rate of Covid, Covid vaccines aren’t effective from actually protecting people from Covid and yet people are still dying. Vaccines are giving people adverse reactions that are severe and deadly. Treatment is available ie Israel. And I hope you know that natural immunity is more effective then the shot

Heads up: Spanish flu didn’t have a vaccine. What did all those unvaccinated folks do you may ask?

Spoiler alert: They died. 50 million worldwide.
so are you saying that some magical way our bodies can develop a natural immunity to a deadly virus.. NOOOO WAYYY YOUR KIDDING ME !!

I’ll ask again since a lot of y’all comprehension is that of 1st grader.. since we see the effectiveness of the vaccine ( which is laughable )

so are you saying that some magical way our bodies can develop a natural immunity to a deadly virus.. NOOOO WAYYY YOUR KIDDING ME !!

natural immunity as in 50 million people dying? 500 million people were infected and 50 million died, 10% of the population of the planet Earth dead. and who knows whatever lasting effects those survivors had, health wise or economic or emotional. this is the same as those people saying IDGAF about grandma dying I'm tryin to hit the club. yikes.

natural immunity as in 50 million people dying? 500 million people were infected and 50 million died, 10% of the population of the planet Earth dead. and who knows whatever lasting effects those survivors had, health wise or economic or emotional. this is the same as those people saying IDGAF about grandma dying I'm tryin to hit the club. yikes.

Sis you just throw out a 10% statistic without any factual data to support that ? Was it for a emotional response ? Where did you get that 500mil is 10% of then world population? Are we still going to ignore the fact that this virus was eradicated due to natural immunity ?

Last edited:

It’s sad that I have to do this but quote time!! “ is estimated that about 500 million people or one-third of the world’s population became infected with this virus” that’s from the article you tag.. if 1/3 of the population is 500m then the total population would be 1.5 billion people only 50mil died.. your math gave us 10% of the world population died. The real number would be 3.3333% of the world population died from Spanish flu.. see how easy this is ?

Sis you just throw out a 10% statistic without any factual data to support that ? Was it for a emotional response ? Where did you get that 500mil is 10% of them world population? Are we still going to ignore the fact that this virus was eradicated due to natural immunity ?

the CDC link is my source

It is estimated that about 500 million people or one-third of the world’s population became infected with this virus. The number of deaths was estimated to be at least 50 million worldwide with about 675,000 occurring in the United States.

and yeah I messed up that population claim. ill take the L on that one. 10% of infected people died.

Demographers estimate the global population in 1918 at about 1.8 billion persons. These figures suggest that about 30% of the world’s population was infected during that pandemic and that it killed about 2.7% of that population.

~3% of the population, 50 million folks gone.

btw, the Spanish flu hasnt technically been eradicated. The virus strain that causes it is H1N1, aka swine flu from 2009. viruses survive, they infect, they mutate, they live on. until every last infection is gone and every test is negative, that virus is alive and waiting for humans to slip up.

I got it now

reminds me of that one guy in the joe rogan thread....

and let’s talk about my “risks” shall we ? We have a 98.7 survival rate of Covid

here we go

It’s sad that I have to do this but quote time!! “ is estimated that about 500 million people or one-third of the world’s population became infected with this virus” that’s from the article you tag.. if 1/3 of the population is 500m then the total population would be 1.5 billion people only 50mil died.. your math gave us 10% of the world population died. The real number would be 3.3333% of the world population died from Spanish flu.. see how easy this is ?

yeah I'll hold the L on the stats. still 50 million too many but unfortunately the science and technology wasn't there yet

Back
Top Bottom