Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
In my third year of medical school, doing rotations at a hospital in rural Appalachia. Basically what you’d expect out here.

Very low vax rate. ICUs are over capacity with COVID patients. People dying everyday and the deaths seem to be getting younger and younger. There’s been a new symptom of clotting/profuse bleeding seen in a lot of patients which raised suspicion in one of the docs of a possible new strain.

All this said, there has been just one death of a vax’d patient. All the preventable death is saddening, covid is an ugly way to go.

frink85 frink85 strictly speaking about the unvaccinated population.

Even before Dec 2020 when the vaccine rollout started happening to the general public, there were plenty of cases in my community and workplace hospital of patients with some serious comorbidities fighting it off much better than some of the younger patients.

Has to be genetic factors involved outside of viral load count, who infected you, etc.

just in case anybody needs a pick-me-up:

What really boggles my mind and irks the eff out of me are how reckless these parents are. I try and look at it at both sides of the spectrum but as a parent, I’d do anything for my kids to keep them safe regardless of my personal views. Covid deaths keep rising and no matter how you wanna spin it, numbers don’t lie. 677k deaths and non-Covid believers still don’t think it’s a problem?!?

These parents who don’t want to get vaxxed, unmask, etc… are playing with not only their own lives, but with their kids as well. It’s becoming a common occurrence to read news articles/Twitter about parents passing away and leaving their kids behind when it could’ve been preventable.

What really boggles my mind and irks the eff out of me are how reckless these parents are. I try and look at it at both sides of the spectrum but as a parent, I’d do anything for my kids to keep them safe regardless of my personal views. Covid deaths keep rising and no matter how you wanna spin it, numbers don’t lie.

These parents who don’t want to get vaxxed, unmask, etc… are playing with not only their own lives, but with their kids as well. It’s becoming a common occurrence to read news articles/Twitter about parents passing away and leaving their kids behind when it could’ve been preventable.
it's truly one of the most selfish things somebody could do.

frink85 frink85 strictly speaking about the unvaccinated population.

Even before Dec 2020 when the vaccine rollout started happening to the general public, there were plenty of cases in my community and workplace hospital of patients with some serious comorbidities fighting it off much better than some of the younger patients.

Has to be genetic factors involved outside of viral load count, who infected you, etc.

ahh gotcha. genetics or some kind of hidden/random confounder has to be it.

sounds like a good potential case control study :nerd:

highlights from yelp
07DEC09B-8676-4AB5-9CD7-978B9F2819B7.png

:lol: :lol:

Embarrassing how most of Europe is getting close to/above 70% vaccination (Portugal at 81% :pimp: ) meanwhile US has been stuck in the 50s for MONTHS despite having a massive head start and having vaccines freely available on Damn near every block.
You can bring a horse to the river, but you can't force it to drink.
Appeal to common sense has not worked and neither will showing them people’s untimely demise in real time.

Unfortunately some view the Herman Cain award as a badge of honor. But what good is a posthumously….. SMH.
The dead won't learn, but their death is more likely to teach their families/friends, especially when more and more doctors start reacting like this:

Now, the ones who don't even mention covid when their loved ones die of it are too far gone.

Embarrassing how most of Europe is getting close to/above 70% vaccination (Portugal at 81% :pimp: ) meanwhile US has been stuck in the 50s for MONTHS despite having a massive head start and having vaccines freely available on Damn near every block.

Completely expected.

Most important thing (besides vaccinations) is not getting careless when things are looking up.

Until the next variant…. I hate being a Debby downer but with people just not giving a **** to even get the vaccine and listening to idiots, we are going to be suffering through this for a while with these up and down waves.

Why would you take your inmunocomprimised infant to a restaurant during a pandemic in the first place, but I digress...

They didn't.

I realize we’re talking semantics, but IMO even if the baby wasn’t with them they shouldn’t put themselves in a position like that and complain about being treated as promised. Indoor dining is an option, and a risky one at that.

Last edited:
Until the next variant…. I hate being a Debby downer but with people just not giving a **** to even get the vaccine and listening to idiots, we are going to be suffering through this for a while with these up and down waves.
Kind of what I'm afraid of as well. Though with the vaccine likely being approved for those 5-11 years old by end of the year at least there are some positives to look forward to. I'm well aware of how many antivaxx parents there are going to be once this gets approved and becomes a requirement to go to school for many districts next year.

Wassup with these boosters. I’m going on 7 months since second dose.

Seems very likely boosters are where we’re headed but CDC being coy about the timeline.

I’m just trying to stay fully protected to the fullest extent possible.

Wassup with these boosters. I’m going on 7 months since second dose.

Seems very likely boosters are where we’re heading but CDC being coy about when.

They are playing it safe by waiting for additional studies and not just following Israel's lead. What makes you think you need a booster?

Back
Top Bottom