Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
I finally got my booster shot after a year of the initial 2 dose. I had no side effects the first 2 doses but this booster hit me hard. Fatigue, Chills and Body aches and headache started later in the day after the shot. and got worse overnight into the next day. Day 2 after the booster I feel 90% back to normal. Still some chills and fatigue. Is this normal? I thought side effects were only suposed to last 24 hours and never heard of fatigue being a side effect either.

It’s pretty common to have a few days of symptoms - and I’ve heard up to a week.

Nothing to worry about - and at least you know that it’s doing something!

Follow my logic here... the immune system doesn't recognize the first shot, which is why most people have few reactions other than some soreness at the injection site. The immune system has been primed by the first shot and antibodies are plentiful by the time you get your second, which is why you get a pretty strong reaction once your immune system has been trained to recognize the spike protein as an invader. Those antibodies have mostly waned after 4-6 months (even moreso in Canadian Destroyer Canadian Destroyer case), which is why I would have expected less reaction to the booster. Anecdotally, most people I know had very little reaction to the 3rd dose, myself included. It's the long-lived memory B/T cells that kick into action and give you that durable protection after boost. Am I missing something?

Sounds about right to me. After the first dose it’s like your body knows what to look for and what to do so it goes harder.

Same I had a similar but much lesser adverse reaction to the booster. Also the booster is less volume than the original doses so it makes sense the reaction isn’t as strong. https://www.fda.gov/media/153354/download

The memory immune cells keep the antigens in their “database” so they know what to look for and how to fight (produce immunoglobulins) long term.

Sounds about right to me. After the first dose it’s like your body knows what to look for and what to do so it goes harder.

Same I had a similar but much lesser adverse reaction to the booster. Also the booster is less volume than the original doses so it makes sense the reaction isn’t as strong. https://www.fda.gov/media/153354/download

The memory immune cells keep the antigens in their “database” so they know what to look for and how to fight (produce immunoglobulins) long term.
Good call on the dose difference, for Moderna at least. I completely forgot about that!

I thought the exact same thing but wouldn't this also meant hat the first dose would have the biggest immune response since there weren't any antibodies at all

Think of the first dose as your body getting primed to fight, like an opponent throwing jabs. And then the second dose is when he knows your opening and throws the haymaker that KOs you :lol:

My 16yo is in the middle of exams but has a few days off. He really wanted to see Dr Strange so my wife agreed to take him to the earliest midweek showing - looked a while ago and the whole theatre was free - now one other person has turned up - maskless and coughing.

25063A35-693A-4EE2-B803-1C1082738C21.jpeg

:frown:

I’m starting to get dirty looks now because I still wear a mask. Same with sharing the sidewalk with the person coming towards me. I see them coming from far so I’ll put my mask on before we come close and I can see a smirk with a head shake. I don’t mean it to be an impolite gesture but folks take it that way and I feel bad that they feel offended.

I’m sorry.

A couple weeks ago I was driving home from the grocery store, and passed by a elementary school. Kids were all outside running & playing, all with masks on. Thought that was pretty stupid.

I’m all for kids wearing good quality masks the right way inside, but outside? Nah.

Still think it’s silly when I see someone with anything other than a N95/KN94 inside of a public building.

I’m starting to get dirty looks now because I still wear a mask. Same with sharing the sidewalk with the person coming towards me. I see them coming from far so I’ll put my mask on before we come close and I can see a smirk with a head shake. I don’t mean it to be an impolite gesture but folks take it that way and I feel bad that they feel offended.

I’m sorry.
Don’t apologize. People are stupid. Point blank period

A couple weeks ago I was driving home from the grocery store, and passed by a elementary school. Kids were all outside running & playing, all with masks on. Thought that was pretty stupid.

I’m all for kids wearing good quality masks the right way inside, but outside? Nah.

Still think it’s silly when I see someone with anything other than a N95/KN94 inside of a public building.

Bottom line about kids... they do not respect personal space. They also talk loud and excitedly in each others' faces. I ask my kids to wear their masks outdoors at school unless they start to feel too hot or find it difficult to breathe. In that case, I ask them to remove their mask and find some shade away from everyone else. There's a reason COVID has spread far and wide among animals, both wild and in captivity, and it's not because they are crowded indoors.
I do agree with you about seeing people indoors with inferior/basic masks at this stage of the pandemic. One way masking will simply not work if you are wearing a cloth mask, especially if it's under your nose.

My 16yo is in the middle of exams but has a few days off. He really wanted to see Dr Strange so my wife agreed to take him to the earliest midweek showing - looked a while ago and the whole theatre was free - now one other person has turned up - maskless and coughing.

This is all too common. Great example here of how these airheads go about their lives with constant static noise in their heads. How you have the whole theater to choose from and yet choose to sit right behind the only other two people.
I swear its only these types that I see out coughing and maskless. It's also these types who have gotten Covid previously and then go on to say "there's nothing you can do about it, everyone is going to eventually catch it" yet they've not taken a single precaution

I’ve got a sinking feeling that this is the surge that finally gets me. People just don’t care about trying anymore. My dad came by this afternoon to see my kids (no mask) and when I opened the door he was blowing his nose. I asked if he was feeling well and he said, “it’s just a cold.” Nope, not worth the risk. Sorry pops.

Update from school.

I say about 30% of staff STILL wears a mask.

The kids just don't give a damn.

Some STILL just come to school with their masks hanging off their chins ALL day. I say, "What is the point." :lol:

Update from Costco - I thought I was the only one until right as I was leaving I saw a mom and one of her kids. It wasn’t super busy - but average for a weeknight, plenty of people.

Wish Dr. Strange could've conjured up a left hook to da jaw for that 🤡. Abra Cadabra lights out for him

I will never understand people coming to work when they’re not over their sickness. This girl in my dept got the flu on Sunday. Said she took multiple Covid tests, all negative. She only took Tuesday off. Came back yesterday, coughing all day and blowing her nose. Today, same thing. Stay the eff home people!

Back
Top Bottom