Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
So you're saying the only time you've gotten covid was from sending your daughter to the doctor maskless?

I mean obviously I don’t know for sure that’s where it came from. I didn’t “send her maskless” it was for her 9 month check up, 9 month olds don’t wear a mask. We took her on a Tuesday and were all sick that Saturday.

Comparison Ford Comparison Ford i apologize if my comments were ignorant. Ultimately I feel like the messaging that was being shared about repeated infections could have been presented better, coming from a blog called “ok doomer” didn’t make me want to look at the sources posted anymore. I’m sorry if that sounds ignorant to you, but that’s the reality of it. We have seen those folks who take precautions and I understand that, and then we have seen those who are addicted to the doom of it all. I was one of those people when this all started, as I’ve said. It was extremely unhealthy mentally for me and I developed some anxiety over it. Thank you for sharing your experience , it does humble me from the comments I made.

Don't think anyone's annoyed about you not wanting to read more negative news about COVID anymore, that's absolutely fair.

"So after nearly 3 years of constant doom and gloom , can you blame me for being skeptical? On one end I got people telling me I’m gonna die because I’m vaccinated and on the other end of the spectrum (mostly on NT) I’ve got people posting stuff constantly about all the long term damage Covid does, even to vaccinated individuals.

Everyone I know who has had Covid , even those who got it in the winter of 2020 two years ago, etc, have not reported long term effects, they seem healthy as ever, I’ve had Covid, I feel healthier than I’ve ever been. I know ONE person who died from Covid, he was in his 60’s, didn’t get vaccinated, and waited too long to seek medical attention."

It's **** like this that's annoying. No offense but you're coming off like one of those "but do masks REALLY work" or "it's just the flu/cold" folks.

Anyway, I'm on day 6 of testing positive, day 8 of initial symptoms. Coughing and congestion still sucks.

I’m seeing more people out here sneezing and coughing. It could just be a simple cold but I’m not taking any chances, I bounce as soon as I hear those sounds at the store. Folks out here with no masks too, very inconsiderate.

Yeah Monday and Tuesday I was masked up just looking out for the people around me thinking it was just a cold.

I’m gonna schedule a test today.

Last edited:

So according to this article , unvaccinated people are dying at a lower rate now than vaxxed and boosted…

And y’all wonder why I’m skeptical of some of the things being shared…

We’ve been shaming the unvaccinated for a year and a half, and that article says in August 58 percent of deaths were in the vaxxed…. That’s a pretty wide margin.

Scary.

So according to this article , unvaccinated people are dying at a lower rate now than vaxxed and boosted…

And y’all wonder why I’m skeptical of some of the things being shared…

We’ve been shaming the unvaccinated for a year and a half, and that article says in August 58 percent of deaths were in the vaxxed…. That’s a pretty wide margin.

Scary.

The article points out that efficacy wanes over time. It is telling people to get the updated booster. It has nothing to do with vaxxed vs unvaxxed. It is basically pointing out that you need to get boosters because the new variants are still bad.

I wouldn't be surprised either if the data itself is missleading in that if you have 100 people who are vaxed and 20 who aren't...the odds of more vaxxed people dying is obviously higher due to them being a larger part of the equation. So if 5 unvaxxed die and 15 vaxed die and its taken from the same sample total of 120....thats 12.5% dead vaxed and 4.2% unvaxed. Which makes it look bad. But in reality thats 25% of the unvaxed pool dies and 15% of the vaxxed pool dies. Sorry for the unneccessary example but the way they speak to numbers in this article leaves a ton of room for interpretation.

Being unvaccinated is still a major risk factor for dying from covid-19. But efficacy wanes over time, and an analysis out last week from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention highlights the need to get regular booster shots to keep one’s risk of death from the coronavirus low, especially for the elderly.

It’s still true that vaccinated groups are at a lower risk of dying from a covid-19 infection than the unvaccinated when the data is adjusted for age. An analysis released by the CDC last week underscores the protection that additional booster shots offer against severe illness and death as immunity wanes

The article points out that efficacy wanes over time. It is telling people to get the updated booster. It has nothing to do with vaxxed vs unvaxxed. It is basically pointing out that you need to get boosters because the new variants are still bad.

I wouldn't be surprised either if the data itself is missleading in that if you have 100 people who are vaxed and 20 who aren't...the odds of more vaxxed people dying is obviously higher due to them being a larger part of the equation. So if 5 unvaxxed die and 15 vaxed die and its taken from the same sample total of 120....thats 12.5% dead vaxed and 4.2% unvaxed. Which makes it look bad. But in reality thats 25% of the unvaxed pool dies and 15% of the vaxxed pool dies. Sorry for the unneccessary example but the way they speak to numbers in this article leaves a ton of room for interpretation.

Thank you for the clarification.

There was also an article yesterday saying the monoclonal vaccines are useless and ineffective at this point. Gotta get on the new wave of vaccines for any protection.

Dumb headline and misleading article for those looking to confirm that vaccines don't work

Something like 15% of adults eligible have received an updated booster

• Among individuals who were eligible to receive additional booster shots, the gap is even more striking. Unvaccinated people 50 and up had 12 times the risk of dying from covid-19 than adults the same age with two or more booster doses.

There was also an article yesterday saying the monoclonal vaccines are useless and ineffective at this point. Gotta get on the new wave of vaccines for any protection.

You're talking about monoclonal antibody therapy, which has nothing to do with vaccines. It's not surprising that antibodies which were effective against the original strain do not protect well against current strains.

Dumb headline and misleading article for those looking to confirm that vaccines don't work

Something like 15% of adults eligible have received an updated booster

• Among individuals who were eligible to receive additional booster shots, the gap is even more striking. Unvaccinated people 50 and up had 12 times the risk of dying from covid-19 than adults the same age with two or more booster doses.
I read it and thought that we are not out of the woods yet and that it was very relevant. A majority of people are vaccinated and many let their guard down when it's not safe like that out here in these streets.

Back
Top Bottom