Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
there are many types of n95 masks.

when you get fitted they try different types of masks.

ultimately they find the best fit for your face.

so if they tell you 1860s is best for you, you only grab 1860s to wear.

think of it like a shirt, they tell you Hanes Small is for you so you grab Hanes Small.
thank you.

For those in the know, are the 3M 8210+ and 8511 masks models decent? Those were the ones I purchased back in early Feb.

Also, these masks don't work for multiple days at a time, correct? Does wearing the same 1 for a week have the same impact is what I'm asking

The darker the shade the higher the reported cases:
1584814799841.png

Link:

Surprised Texas doesn't have more cases given its population, but I guess it isn't as densely populated as some of the more infected states on the map.

thank you.

For those in the know, are the 3M 8210+ and 8511 masks models decent? Those were the ones I purchased back in early Feb.

Also, these masks don't work for multiple days at a time, correct? Does wearing the same 1 for a week have the same impact is what I'm asking

The issue with re-using masks is if you or the mask is exposed. Let's say someone breaths near your face and the virus is on your mask (the mask did its job), it's still gonna be there when you take it off and you can get it on your hands while touching it to take off. Or let's say you get the virus on your hands, then your hands touch the straps to put it on/take off, the virus is now there. It's recommended for one-time use, although I've heard healthcare professionals have been rationing and cleaning their masks with disinfectant or even hand sanitizer. The disinfectant we use at the hospital say very clearly they are are not meant for skin contact on the boxes though.. and we're instructed to handle wipes w/ our gloves on.

US Army Corps of Engineers has launched a plan to retrofit old buildings into medical facilities in response to C19.

I have a 9 month old daughter, 8 year old daughter, wife, and 76 year old mother in law who is now staying with us during this pandemic... My wife and I are educators and schools have been shut down, but here is my/our routine for those with loved ones they care about:

ROUTINE FOR TRAVEL:
1) I am the only person who leaves the house to get items/supplies that we need
2) When I do leave, I have a set of clothes that I leave outside and I do not get near anyone
3) When I return home, I shred the clothes that I used and shower downstairs before going up to the living area

AT HOME:
1) We set goals for the day as a family, and respect each other if we need to be online for video conferences, etc. and give them the space they need
2) We limit the iPad/Netflix time and save it for the evening when we can unwind
3) Exercise is crucial! Luckily I have a full gym in the garage, but for them taking a morning and sunset walk around the neighborhood is good mentally and physically
4) STAYING CURRENT WITH THE NEWS is done as a family and we ensure that our daughter is able to ask any questions she may have

Hope this helps anyone who is trying to navigate next steps as a husband, father, or son...

I have a 9 month old daughter, 8 year old daughter, wife, and 76 year old mother in law who is now staying with us during this pandemic... My wife and I are educators and schools have been shut down, but here is my/our routine for those with loved ones they care about:

ROUTINE FOR TRAVEL:
2) When I do leave, I have a set of clothes that I leave outside and I do not get near anyone
3) When I return home, I shred the clothes that I used and shower downstairs before going up to the living area

AT HOME:
1) We set goals for the day as a family, and respect each other if we need to be online for video conferences, etc. and give them the space they need
2) We limit the iPad/Netflix time and save it for the evening when we can unwind
3) Exercise is crucial! Luckily I have a full gym in the garage, but for them taking a morning and sunset walk around the neighborhood is good mentally and physically
4) STAYING CURRENT WITH THE NEWS is done as a family and we ensure that our daughter is able to ask any questions she may have

Hope this helps anyone who is trying to navigate next steps as a husband, father, or son...

wym you shred the clothes

Last edited:
That makes no sense unless you're going to get tested everyday. Protect yourself and act proactively as if youre asymptomatic and let those who are ill get tested. My position is considered essential as well and its all I can do. If I felt any type of symptoms I'd quarantine at home and recover before I rush to get tested.

That's true. I guess I was just looking at it from the perspective of countries like S. Korea who seem to be testing everyone, while we're only testing the symptomatic. Got pro sports orgs testing everyone, might as well get the front lines folks tested before they go out in the world.

The supply would obviously dictate how many folks could be tested and the priority level.

From WHT HOUSE CORONAVIRUS PRESSER:

U.S. HEALTH OFFICIAL GIROIR SAYS MORE THAN 195,000 PEOPLE IN THE UNITED STATES HAVE BEEN TESTED FOR CORONAVIRUS AND RECEIVED RESULTS

*PENCE SAYS ABOUT 19,300 PEOPLE IN THE U.S. HAVE TESTED POSITIVE FOR THE VIRUS
Any numbers on how many of the 19.3k that tested positive for the virus actually developed covid-19?

ROUTINE FOR TRAVEL:

AT HOME:

You're fortunate that because hard work you have obtain something that allows you to be extra cautious. However, the majority of people do not have the ability to have different shower or. Are able to use a home gym or even get outside to walk because they live in heavily populated area.

I appreciate the information but for many, your help is not realistic.

Cepheid Receives Emergency Use Authorization from FDA for Rapid SARS-CoV-2 Test

SUNNYVALE, Calif., March 21, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Cepheid today announced it has received Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) from the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) for Xpert® Xpress SARS-CoV-2, a rapid molecular diagnostic test for qualitative detection of SARS-CoV-2, the virus causing COVID-19. The test has been designed to operate on any of Cepheid's more than 23,000 automated GeneXpert® Systems worldwide, with a detection time of approximately 45 minutes.

I think he meant shed, take off clothes

Ooooh okay. That makes more sense.

Someone at my work has a process like that for receiving packages. They take it into the garage, dispose of the box and outer plastic wrapping in the garage, wash their hands and clean any surfaces they touched throughout the process. They said they also have their son clean all high touch surfaces every morning.

Back
Top Bottom