Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Stores are calming down. Was able to go to Vons today at 8 and cop a few things. There was water but there was a lot of food not stocked. Workers were still stocking foods like rice and all that. I’m optimistic we will see things will start to reverse around this time next month

Last edited:
We got “shelter in place” in mn.

really doesn’t change anything, you’re allowed to go ourside, stores still open, hunting, fishing, restaurants to go etc.

Honestly can’t think of anything that changed from what it already was.

Can't handle this stress. Been checking this virus **** every hour.
That along with my concern for job security is killing me. Me and my girl just put down some money to move in together in Sep 1st. Decided I can't keep delaying life because of this but my mental health is all the way shook smh, Seeing so many young people die from this isn't helping too

That along with my concern for job security is killing me. Me and my girl just put down some money to move in together in Sep 1st. Decided I can't keep delaying life because of this but my mental health is all the way shook smh
You will be ok bro. Everything will work itself out. Worrying about it isn’t gonna do you any good.

That along with my concern for job security is killing me. Me and my girl just put down some money to move in together in Sep 1st. Decided I can't keep delaying life because of this but my mental health is all the way shook smh, Seeing so many young people die from this isn't helping too

turn off the news bruh, the reality is nobody knows ****, not the news, not the president and we don’t either. Unless it’s coming from a doctor no need to listen to it all day and let them scare you.

they’re just throwing a bunch of **** at the wall and seeing what sticks.

My buddy and his wife live in Brooklyn (where there are over 5,000 cases), and the other day they went for a bodega run to get some produce and perishables (otherwise, they stay inside and don't go anywhere; he works in TV so he can't afford to get sick). Her instastory started off all cute with them just walking down the block, the homie keeping his arms out ("SOCIAL DISTANCING!") and talking about the struggles.

Next thing you know, they get to the bodega, and the streets there are ****ing JAM PACKED. Looked like a hella busy day. When they got home, she talked about how scared she was and how even people in line at the bodega were getting too close, and nobody seemed to give a ****.

Honestly, I thought New York was better than this. That **** is ridiculous.

9ihkwfs14ff41.jpg

News can’t even keep up. 13,200 new cases in the USA for Wednesday. Earlier it was 9,900, then 11,200. States can’t keep up.

The only sign of hope is the low death rate. We gotta get those ICUs and ventilators pushed to areas hardest hit.
Death rate is sitting at 1.5%. To compare of the 1,000 USA deaths, we would need 4800 more to match Italy’s

Last I looked, the world death average was 4.5%. So USA is some 3x lower than that now.
It’s still early though.

News can’t even keep up. 13,200 new cases in the USA

The only sign of hope is the low death rate. We gotta get those ICUs and ventilators pushed to areas hardest hit.
Death rate is sitting at 1.5%. To compare of the 1,000 USA deaths, we would need 4800 more to match Italy’s

Last I looked, the world death average was 4.5%. So USA is some 3x lower than that now.
It’s still early though.

That’s because our medical system is yet to be overwhelmed. NYC will be overwhelmed by this weekend. It will rise.

It’s just sad. We know it’s coming but what is NY really doing about capacity issues. They say 2-3 weeks they’d be over whelmed. We’re days away.
And the numbers don’t lie. NY is sitting way too low at just 1% death rate. With 4.5% being the average, and as high as 10%, they said some hospitals getting just 13 deaths were over whelming. I just don’t know man. They’re easily due for a 4-5x surge, pushing daily deaths to 400-500.

US infection rate is around 35% from yesterday's data. At that rate by March 30th we would hit 1k deaths per day.

Nike Is Developing Face Shields and Other Equipment for Medical Workers
Following the company’s initial pledge to help fight COVID-19.
Nike Face Shields masks personal protective equipment Doctors Nurses Coronavirus covid19 covid 19 Business Insider ceo John Donahoe OHSU Oregon Health and Science University

Following its pledge of over $15 million USD to fight coronavirus, Nike is now looking to assist healthcare professionals during this ongoing pandemic in a more direct way. Nike CEO John Donahoe mentioned during this week’s shareholder call that the company is currently developing and prototyping personal protective equipment (PPE) for doctors and nurses alike. These items include face shields created with guidance from the healthcare workers at Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU).

“Companies like Nike need to do our part,” Donahoe said. “Based on needs identified by the teams and health professionals at Oregon Health & Science University, our teammates are working right now about how to best help, including prototyping face shields of OHSU and others.” Donahoe made these statements during the same Q3 conference call where he announced Nike performed better than projected amid the global pandemic.
In a statement provided by Business Insider, Nike said that the company is launching the initiative with OHSU and focusing on supporting Oregon healthcare workers to start.
This isn’t Nike’s first foray into the world of healthcare professional apparel: last fall the Swoosh unveiled the Air Zoom Pulse — a shoe designed for medical workers, and also in conjunction with employees at OHSU.
Another statement from OHSU, courtesy of its site, states: “OHSU is extremely grateful to the team at Nike for their generous offer to help OHSU in our coordination with other health systems during this unprecedented time. We are committed to ongoing discussions regarding their efforts to develop prototype face shields to help ensure the safety and well-being of health care professionals.”

Back
Top Bottom