Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Dr. John Campbell on YouTube has discussed the fact that antibodies naturally fade over time, but that does not mean you are no longer immune to a specific disease. You have memory T cells (T lymphocytes?) that continue to fight disease you have been previously exposed to long after your antibodies have deteriorated. Admittedly, I don't understand how it all works, but he and others seem sure that measuring antibody levels does not necessarily correlate to immunity.

T cells help mature and activate B cells (which have the memory IIRC) to produce antibodies.

T cells and B cells are the basic cells in the bodies' immune system and always available/produced.

T cells help mature and activate B cells (which have the memory IIRC) to produce antibodies.

T cells and B cells are the basic cells in the bodies' immune system and always available/produced.

I can't tell from your reply, but are you agreeing or disagreeing that measuring antibody levels does not necessarily mean anything when determining whether you have immunity to the virus?

I can't tell from your reply, but are you agreeing or disagreeing that measuring antibody levels does not necessarily mean anything when determining whether you have immunity to the virus?

lol I'm agreeing with you. If antibody levels taper off than the immune system can make new antibodies when needed.

A few days ago I posted the text from a girl in my complex that suffered from covid and she said it hit her hard. Yesterday she was at the pool. Not sure how I feel about that.

Your pool overrun too? I know you’re in Austin as well. Apparently the pool in my complex has been crazy packed.

My complex sent out an email this week saying they’ll be checking IDs to make sure everybody is a tenant because guests aren’t allowed for the remainder of the pandemic.

Even as things getting worse here, nobody gives a **** still.

A few days ago I posted the text from a girl in my complex that suffered from covid and she said it hit her hard. Yesterday she was at the pool. Not sure how I feel about that.

I would be scared shtless

it would Probably be a good idea to get yourself checked out

I don't know man
Maybe it's just me
But you won't catch me swimming in a public pool thats for sure

Also i think alot of folks are just fed up with wearing masks
I see people all the time the minute they step outside a store they whip that mask off fast asf

why not just cancel the whole baseball season anyway I mean what are they going to play games for a week or two or three

all they’re doing is risking their precious million dollar baseball players

IMG_20200709_202636.jpg

|l

I'm at a point where now i don't wanna get sick period
No cold
No flu
No cough
No sore throat
No nothing
I hear someone cough that's within 30 ft i'm outta there lol

that makes me wonder what the unintended effects of mask wearing, hand hygiene, and social distancing will be as it relates to other common illnesses. I’d imagine in the short term there should be far fewer viral diseases being passed around, but will our immune systems be wrecked from not being “challenged” as much as they normally would? I even notice my seasonal allergies are not as severe, likely as a result of the filtration my mask provides.

Honest question. Has any authority figure anywhere in the world tried to advocate for us to strengthen our immune systems? Close down fast food? Ban tobacco? Anyone know of any good vitamins or supplements for a boost? Ideal diet recommendations for peak performance? GNC just filed for bankruptcy. You'd think these places would be thriving.

Why aren't politicians pushing us to get healthy?

That would be a wonderful idea in theory, but the government won't push healthier habits on people. Heck, they can't even agree on mask wearing (even though it's been proven to help reduce the microdroplets from the mouth & nose). But you have to remember that some people just can't strengthen their immune systems due to current health issues.

I've mentioned it before, I'm a transplant patient who had a liver transplant back in October of 2003, at the age of 27. I take anti-rejection medication to suppress my immune system. It's basically turned off. So I catch things WAY easier. And no supplements or such will help with that. I am lucky as I'm pretty healthy at 43 all things considered. I deal with severe Crohn's on a daily basis and it is freaking awful (it's why I'm home on disability). Going to the bathroom 15-30 times a day is the WORST! 😞

But I never smoked, never drank in my life, only drink water, sparkling water (no sugar type, SpinDrift is awesome) or unsweetened ice tea. I eat lots of fish, and chicken & turkey. Don't do red meat much at all as it aggravates my Crohn's. I walk between 8,500-15,000 steps a day around my neighborhood with my wife. And I have access to her Peloton if I want to use it (not feeling up to it yet), I have a new Trek hybrid to use when I feel better, and on the rare day my insides are not going haywire, I may run to the local tennis courts to hit with my ball machine for 30 minutes (can't do much more than that as my insides are messed up)! So for us immunocompromised, we have to REALLY take care of what we do. Stay home most of the time with curbside groceries and the rare occasion where I need something in store, I'll go right before close with my mask & gloves, when there is almost no one there. It sucks, but it is what it is. 👍

Last edited:
that makes me wonder what the unintended effects of mask wearing, hand hygiene, and social distancing will be as it relates to other common illnesses. I’d imagine in the short term there should be far fewer viral diseases being passed around, but will our immune systems be wrecked from not being “challenged” as much as they normally would? I even notice my seasonal allergies are not as severe, likely as a result of the filtration my mask provides.

Good point
I usually don't get sick that often
I might get a mild cold like every 2-4 years and maybe a bad case of the flu every 4-5 years
I had a bad flu last year where it lasted like 7 days
I can't stand being sick where it has everything
Cough,fever,sore throat,fatigue,runny nose

Whats so special about downtown Disney? Earl of sandwiches is gone so there’s no reason to go. Lol. People be wildin. I’ll just buy Disney stuff online in the comfort of my own home while staying safe.
Zero reason to go right now, same for Universal City Walk, close them

Back
Top Bottom