Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm hoping the vaccine is more like 90% effective, so that we don't have to rely on herd immunity. We can rely on culling of the herd.

But likely it won't be, but at least it'll give the vaccinated a competitive advantage along with continued usage of masks and avoidance of gatherings while the anti-vaxxers pick each other off.

Honestly speaking and all politics aside, I have this silent firm belief that the strategy is multi and does involve vaccine AND herd immunity. No politician or scientist in charge is going to admit that.
Total prolonged shutdown is economic and social suicide. Never was going to happen. Right or wrong, they are managing expectation of numbers. People are statistics is their method.
I’ll always think back to beginning of the mask shortage: come up with little white lie that is plausible, cover our shortcomings and give them time to respond. Same thing here: open a little, reassure some normalcy, deal with some death and full speed ahead on a vaccine.

Sad but true.

Yes, he is a competent civil servant. I have tons of respect for him

He is saying that some of the decision Trump made help saved lives, no one debates that. If he done zero, it would have been a even worse disaster. People are saying that his mistakes/other decisions cost lives too.

Consider if there were three scenarios

a) Nothing and let the virus run wild, have deaths be at half a million plus

b) Half *** the response (after waiting too long, and undermine many other efforts) and have deaths around 200K

c) adequate response, and have deaths in a few tens of thousands of deaths

Trump did b) and his supporters want credit for doing b). Fauci is saying Trump did b) over a). People are pissed because he could have done c) and chose not too.

Also Fauci is might be scared for his job given how Trump and his cronies are high on retaliation against people that are not loyalist.

But keep on thinking you have some sort of "got ya" moment on your hands.

Objectively agree with the analysis.
But I do wonder about part c). In a best case scenario, could the US have really hit that max five digit number. Have my doubts and low confidence with just how general public responded. Hindsight 20/20.

MLB might not even make it two weeks and they expect schools with hundreds/thousands of students to resume.

nothing new. We've been preparing since the season started. Get ready for 2002 World Series or Super Bowl replays if baseball shuts down!

Honestly speaking and all politics aside, I have this silent firm belief that the strategy is multi and does involve vaccine AND herd immunity.
Hasn't herd immunity been debunked already? Over here it was all over the news a couple of weeks ago how the antibodies only remain in the body for about 2 months. So also if there's a vaccine you would have to get an injection every 2 months for it to be effective.

Hasn't herd immunity been debunked already? Over here it was all over the news a couple of weeks ago how the antibodies only remain in the body for about 2 months. So also if there's a vaccine you would have to get an injection every 2 months for it to be effective.

Maybe. Maybe not.
They’re still guessing.

hyeb64un39e51.jpg

"This is the result of the government prioritizing economic activity by getting people to move around again over infection control,”
don't it sound like another place we all know ?

Last edited:
Mayor DeBlasio’s press conference on re opening schools yesterday summed up - “We’re going to wing it”

They are Basically taking The same approach as the MLB. Take “precautions” and if someone becomes sick take them out and if multiple students get sick then the class turns to online learning meanwhile the other classes and students keep going until they get sick.

Back
Top Bottom