Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

it needs to be done

Damn, dude's got command presence.

In other news, I'm at a coastal hotel, celebrating my folks 50th anniversary. I made a compromise, I'd go and spend the weekend, but pass on the inside gatherings. I'm going to read Moby ****, walk on the windy beach and not participate in anything socially, that entails packing people into a room. My SIL and BIL was both in contact with suspected infected, but in the end everyone tested negative.

Going away for the weekend definitely is beneficial for my mental health, but I'm only going to participate by proxy. Rest of my family is visiting a restaurant tonight, while I'm going to cook something good in my kitchenette in my room.

20201015_182647.jpg

20201015_205445.jpg

20201015_183230.jpg

I think it’s pretty obvious we are in the second wave phase. Some people won’t realize it until the numbers become really bad again like March.
Is there Supposed to be an official second wave announcement? Like who would declare it?

I feel like people need to be told ‘this is Officialy a worldwide pandemic that is skyrocketing for the second time’ Forit to be taken serious

To follow-up on the N95 discussion -- yes, they were used in hospitals before covid, mostly for things like TB (as frink85 frink85 pointed out).

Double-masking is also fairly common. It may not always help but I can't imagine it hurts.

I don't know how much valved masks were used. Typically the worry was only about the infection going in one direction, but that's different with covid.

Lastly, even if non-n95 masks let some air through, they still help reduce infections, especially if everybody wears one. But I think it's good to emphasize that it's not 100% effective. However, coupled with social distancing, it makes a big impact.

The third wave is here and being reflected already in hospitalizations and deaths. We never really ended the 2nd wave either.

Perhaps the best way to explain these trends is that extreme weather (either cold or hot) where it is uncomfortable to be outside will lead to spread of covid. This means that the third wave could last through the winter.

Really happy with our decision not to send our kids back to school when they reopened for in-person learning a couple weeks ago. The principal has been out all week with COVID symptoms awaiting test results.

I know 1 private school got closed because 1 student tested positive. I don't think it's same school as yours, but this is just a perfect example of how risky opening up school, even with all the precautions. Make me thinking Central Unified is smart enough to wait until January.

I know 1 private school got closed because 1 student tested positive. I don't think it's same school as yours, but this is just a perfect example of how risky opening up school, even with all the precautions. Make me thinking Central Unified is smart enough to wait until January.

AFAIK, nobody has even been notified that the principal is out except the staff, who she notified by email earlier in the week. I found out because my sister in law works there and got the email. IMO, anyone she has been in contact with should be isolating, but nah...

Back
Top Bottom