Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
It's too soon man. I'd like 70 percent of the population to be vaccinated, at least.

I heard they might try incentives like tax breaks, maybe.

That's what it will take, unfortunately. The reality is that many people have different motivations, so it will take a creative multifaceted approach. The "joints for jabs" you mentioned yesterday was aimed at a particular segment of the population, but it's obviously not for everyone, so we'll also need "jobs, jeans, jello..." and a bunch of other cute J words to get people to do the right thing.

EDIT: I just read what I think you are talking about and it's probably not what you assumed. Sounds like it's a tax credit for employers who give their workers time off to get their shots and also days off to recover from any side effects. That's not going to solve the problem, TBH.

Last edited:
I'm worried about the vaccine hesitancy too. But UK and Israel may have reached some sort of herd immunity with 50-60% vaccinated. We're at 40% (with at least one shot), so maybe we'll be ok if we can get another 10-20% with shots? The remaining ~20% to get to that magical 70-80% number may come from those with prior infections.

This vaccine hesitancy is region-dependent, so it's possible we'll see some locations reach herd immunity while other pockets do not. It's less than ideal but hey, what can you do. Not like I'm planning any trips to Mississippi or Alabama anytime soon. They're at 30% of people with at least one dose while many states in the Northeast are at 50% :wow:

The remaining ~20% to get to that magical 70-80% number may come from those with prior infections.

It’s either prior or future infections that will eventually get us there. There’s this misguided assumption some people have that since infection rates are dropping in many places that the threat is gone and vaccine isn’t necessary. With shots open to nearly everyone now, this has become a preventable disease that you will likely only suffer and die from by being a moron.

It’s either prior or future infections that will eventually get us there. There’s this misguided assumption some people have that since infection rates are dropping in many places that the threat is gone and vaccine isn’t necessary. With shots open to nearly everyone now, this has become a preventable disease that you will likely only suffer and die from by being a moron.
yup. We may not see this manifest until the fall, when I imagine we'll see outbreaks in only some states. That said, even though there's concern for new variants arising this way, I think it'd be more effective to start sending off excess doses to other countries that are struggling (like India).

Luckily setup an appointment on Monday for Tuesday and got my first Pfizer shot. It was one of the most seamless exchanges I’ve had in my life. Arrived 15 minutes early as they advised, gave my name, walked to the pharmacy, sat down, gave her my vaccination card, got my shot (which I didn’t even feel), sat around for 15 minutes and that was it. I don’t know what was more shocking between the smooth transaction or the shot :lol:

I actually was able to workout about ~30-45 minutes afterwards with no problem. A few hours later my arm got sore around where I got the shot until I went to sleep but woke up the next day with no symptoms or arm pain at all.

Anyone else have a similar experience? I’m expecting to get hammered after Shot #2 now :lol:

Luckily setup an appointment on Monday for Tuesday and got my first Pfizer shot. It was one of the most seamless exchanges I’ve had in my life. Arrived 15 minutes early as they advised, gave my name, walked to the pharmacy, sat down, gave her my vaccination card, got my shot (which I didn’t even feel), sat around for 15 minutes and that was it. I don’t know what was more shocking between the smooth transaction or the shot :lol:

I actually was able to workout about ~30-45 minutes afterwards with no problem. A few hours later my arm got sore around where I got the shot until I went to sleep but woke up the next day with no symptoms or arm pain at all.

Anyone else have a similar experience? I’m expecting to get hammered after Shot #2 now :lol:
Thats pretty much how shot number one is. Delayed arm soreness. That's how it was with me.

Number 2 isn't as fun lol

Thats pretty much how shot number one is. Delayed arm soreness. That's how it was with me.

Number 2 isn't as fun lol

Thanks for the heads up :lol: I'm glad I'm halfway there, though :smokin

god the rona again, this time from my girl

no idea how she got it :smh:

Damn that sucks bro. I'm sorry to hear that. Isn't it rare to get it twice? I'm assuming you weren't vaccinated?

god the rona again, this time from my girl

no idea how she got it :smh:
I don’t mean to pry, but if you could please give more details. When did you have it before, how severe were symptoms last time/this time, what kind of risks are you and your girl taking, what type of masks are you wearing, have you been vaccinated?
I hope you both are doing well and make a quick recovery.

I don’t mean to pry, but if you could please give more details. When did you have it before, how severe were symptoms last time/this time, what kind of risks are you and your girl taking, what type of masks are you wearing, have you been vaccinated?
I hope you both are doing well and make a quick recovery.
I had it around Election Day. Felt like a sinus infection, really bad stuffiness in the sinuses with bad headache. Lots of mucus, as that started to die down, few days later my taste and smell went away. Overall felt fine.

now it started the same way, little post nasal drip on Tuesday, Tuesday night hit me out of nowhere just really bad sinus headache and stuffiness, woke up Wednesday morning with horrible body aches, slight fever. Still feel horrible but still have my senses right now.

now I haven’t gotten my test back but considering my girlstarted feeling sick a few days before me and I’ve been with here all weekend and she tested positive, I see no way it’s not Covid it’s exactly as before actually worse just still have my senses so far but we’ll see tonight or tomorrow when test comes back.

prior To Covid, barely got sick.

And yes we wear masks, we do go out on weekends. At work I’m required to wear mask they’re pretty strict and we all usually follow the rules. My girl works from home strictly now since March 18th 2020.

no vaccinations either

I had it around Election Day. Felt like a sinus infection, really bad stuffiness in the sinuses with bad headache. Lots of mucus, as that started to die down, few days later my taste and smell went away. Overall felt fine.

now it started the same way, little post nasal drip on Tuesday, Tuesday night hit me out of nowhere just really bad sinus headache and stuffiness, woke up Wednesday morning with horrible body aches, slight fever. Still feel horrible but still have my senses right now.

now I haven’t gotten my test back but considering my girlstarted feeling sick a few days before me and I’ve been with here all weekend and she tested positive, I see no way it’s not Covid it’s exactly as before actually worse just still have my senses so far but we’ll see tonight or tomorrow when test comes back.

prior To Covid, barely got sick.

And yes we wear masks, we do go out on weekends. At work I’m required to wear mask they’re pretty strict and we all usually follow the rules. My girl works from home strictly now since March 18th 2020.

no vaccinations either

Damn, thanks for sharing. When you say you "go out on weekends" do you mean indoor dining/bars where the masks come off or nah?

Interesting how the #s in NYC are going down but literally my entire family (grandparents, uncles, cousin) and now dad tested positive last week and this week. They were fine all year prior.

Sorry to hear this. Are they all vaccinated? What kind of symptoms? Even with declining numbers, obviously all it takes is one unlucky member of the family to infect the rest. I would assume perhaps they've dropped some of the precautions they were taking last year?

I find interesting these anti-masker/vaxers are always protesting in good neighborhood. I never seen them protesting at Walmart.

Bert. Bert. Hope you feel better again. I must assume that indoor dining is the only logical place how you got it.

Saw on the news where this lady got COVID even tho she was fully vaccinated
There’s still like a 5% chance you can get infected but it’s rare

There are unfortunately going to be more but the hope is people who get covid and already vaccinated will only experience little to no symptoms. I believe hospitalization among those infected after have been very low.

Back
Top Bottom