Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
It’s been ramping up for months but overall, I think it’s fine. Even now, I think it’s like what you said - it’s no more dangerous than going to a lot of place we would on a normal day. You obviously don’t know who is and isn’t vaccinated but I haven’t run into issues with anyone refusing to wearing a mask and I haven’t had any disrespectful/oblivious folks sit next to me.

One thing I will say - I used to be big on airport restaurants (particularly during layovers) but they can be a bit dicey depending where you are in the country. Some have actually been super crowded and because people are eating/drinking mask usage isn’t on point. I do more drinking than eating but regardless I only pull my mask down for sips but that’s not the case for everyone.
Luckily I haven't had to do layovers but one thing I am missing is the complimentary drinks on flights.

Hopefully younger kids can get their shots pretty soon.

"anxiety" about going back to spending 10 hours a week commuting?

"anxiety" about rediscovering the dumbest asses in our lives, people we 100 PERCENT WOULD NOT share a desert island with?

"anxiety" about doing the exact things that got us here, at the center of this cluster****?

these articles about "reintegration anxiety" feel like gaslighting...what happened is that I saw the emperor butt *** naked in 4K IMAX.

2019 cosmiccoffee9 cosmiccoffee9 does not work here any more.

yeah, the thing about a public health initiative is that it's up to the public.

Unnerving scenarios remain on the path to this long-term vision.

Over time, if not enough people are protected, highly contagious variants may develop that can break through vaccine protection, land people in the hospital and put them at risk of death.

“That’s the nightmare scenario,” said Jeffrey Shaman, a public health researcher at Columbia University.

How frequent and severe those breakthrough infections are may determine whether the United States can keep hospitalizations and deaths low or if the country will find itself in a “mad scramble” every couple of years, he said.

“I think we’re going to be looking over our shoulders — or at least public health officials and infectious disease public health researchers are going to be looking over their shoulders going: ‘All right, the variants out there — what are they doing? What are they capable of?” he said. “Maybe the general public can go back to not worrying about it so much, but we will have to.”

complete trash society, one of those 24k joint papers that just end up as golden ashes.

"anxiety" about going back to spending 10 hours a week commuting?

"anxiety" about rediscovering the dumbest asses in our lives, people we 100 PERCENT WOULD NOT share a desert island with?

"anxiety" about doing the exact things that got us here, at the center of this cluster****?

these articles about "reintegration anxiety" feel like gaslighting...what happened is that I saw the emperor butt *** naked in 4K IMAX.

2019 cosmiccoffee9 cosmiccoffee9 does not work here any more.
i listened to this last night & thought of you:

It's "old" and sounds current.

I have no desire to wait in line for stupid **** or sit in traffic or mingle in tight crowds again.

With the vaccine rollout, there’s a lot more people out and about here (even more than usual when people were being reckless during peak COVID ) and it’s brought all the drunk in public idiots back out again during the weekends. Within a few hours I saw people falling out of windows, dine and dashing, fighting, yelling, trying to antagonize me and my girlfriend, etc and this was just near a pizza place.

Things like that make me miss pre-vaccine rollout life sometimes. of course nothing beats feeling safe health-wise, but I enjoyed going out and finding places that we had mostly to ourselves without the general dumb American public nearby. I don’t mind crowded cities but too many people in this country are annoying as $@$@

Last edited:
:lol: why would anyone go to work if they didn’t have to?

my job is fine, I like it as far as jobs go but I’m still not working if I don’t have to. They’re making me come back on the 10th, “alright dude you can’t keep asking to stay laid off anymore, we’re actually busy.” :lol:

:lol: why would anyone go to work if they didn’t have to?

my job is fine, I like it as far as jobs go but I’m still not working if I don’t have to. They’re making me come back on the 10th, “alright dude you can’t keep asking to stay laid off anymore, we’re actually busy.” :lol:
Because they're workaholics lol.

Hopefully younger kids can get their shots pretty soon.
So they're ready to approve it for kids but not for adults although adults have been getting vaxxed for 6 months now?

Real talk I'm starting to get tired of this commute from my bedroom to the across the living room

ezgif-6-47ef9511a8aa.gif

My understanding is that this is simply an expansion of the already existing Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for the Pfizer vaccine that has been approved for use in 16+ since December 2020.
Yep, the headline was misleading by saying FDA approved but it's actully jut FDA approved for Emergency use

I've been in office since the beginning of the pandemic and I'd say 90% of my duties could have been done by WFH. But I've been staying in my office and video chatting with the folks who report to me, so it's been really chill. Traffic time has increased a little going to and from work, but I'd rather continue to drive than take the ferry into the City. Still don't feel comfortable taking public transportation even if I'm fully vaccinated.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

I wonder if we've reached peak vaccines? Knowing that the U.S. is pretty much divided in half between two political views and we're now reaching almost half of all US adults being vaccinated there has to be a correlation there.

Yes, the demand for vaccines has peaked. Those who were most eager to be vaccinated have already gotten theirs or are in the process of doing so. I'm fairly certain that there are still many who want to get vaccinated but it hasn't been enough of a priority to actually get off their *** and do it and there's many who would like to get vaccinated, but are afraid of needles or scared about feeling side effects. The actual number of adults who have no desire to be vaccinated and never will is around 25% (60M) of the adult population, and closer to half (50M) of minors won't be vaccinated because their parents are either scared of the unknown or don't think the reward is greater than the risk. That means around 1/3 of the total US population will remain unvaccinated, providing a challenge to achieving herd immunity. If schools make it a requirement and hesitant people are given a strong enough incentive, I think we can do it.

I can only comment on KS and Missouri but at least around here if you want the vaccine you can walk in just about any where and get it so IMO we have reached our peak. If you want it you can get it and by now it is a personal decision why you chose the later not because of lack of supply. Of course a lot of KS and Missouri is very rural so those areas wanted no parts of vaccinations to begin with.

With the vaccine rollout, there’s a lot more people out and about here (even more than usual when people were being reckless during peak COVID ) and it’s brought all the drunk in public idiots back out again during the weekends. Within a few hours I saw people falling out of windows, dine and dashing, fighting, yelling, trying to antagonize me and my girlfriend, etc and this was just near a pizza place.

Things like that make me miss pre-vaccine rollout life sometimes. of course nothing beats feeling safe health-wise, but I enjoyed going out and finding places that we had mostly to ourselves without the general dumb American public nearby. I don’t mind crowded cities but too many people in this country are annoying as $@$@
there was something magical about the lockdown. people started walking around their neighborhood instead of spending all day in traffic driving somewhere else. no honking or pollution. only negative was that crazy guy with that infomercial about drinking bleach. it was the best of both worlds -- you could live in a city that trends more liberal while not having to deal with crowds and tourists. normally you have to go off to the suburbs for that life, which can be its own hell.

I do think people are overcompensating right now. it's mostly young people out, just looking to do something stupid, like the people who took advantage of the protests last year. so that'll die down after the kids get over their phase.

Back
Top Bottom