HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOE/CLOTHES/ACCESSORIES/WAYW THREAD

Serious question, if the movie white chicks came out right now, would you be offended? The reality is it's either all ok or all not ok. You can't pick and choose, that's bigotry.

No that’s not how this works. That “it’s all the same, I don’t see color” schtick relies on totally ignoring all history and context. And that’s a fool’s errand because what is or is not socially acceptable or offensive is determined primarily by historical reference and examining both past and current power distributions and social hierarchies between groups. The reason white chicks wasn’t and isn’t offensive is because there has been no attempt to de-humanize and oppress white people by putting white makeup on and exaggerating white features. But that is exactly what blackface (and yellowface and redface) have done and continue to do. If we were in some alternate timeline and people of African descent had managed to dominate the world and had historically used white face to oppress white people, then I’d be up in arms about White Chicks too. But we’re not.

No that’s not how this works. That “it’s all the same, I don’t see color” schtick relies on totally ignoring all history and context. And that’s a fool’s errand because what is or is not socially acceptable or offensive is determined primarily by historical reference and examining both past and current power distributions and social hierarchies between groups. The reason white chicks wasn’t and isn’t offensive is because there has been no attempt to de-humanize and oppress white people by putting white makeup on and exaggerating white features. But that is exactly what blackface (and yellowface and redface) have done and continue to do. If we were in some alternate timeline and people of African descent had managed to dominate the world and had historically used white face to oppress white people, then I’d be up in arms about White Chicks too. But we’re not.
Preach

07169CF9-DC00-4218-BFD7-1FF50B9BBAFA.jpeg
1372AA00-34CB-42E3-B95A-897EBA1EC137.jpeg
1A769F15-C598-4F02-B5F6-1B509700CDEE.jpeg
93180BCD-071A-410E-B85A-0D3804C89D7A.jpeg
6EFCEA71-BF78-4CB7-B0F7-C207582241E8.jpeg
F6703ACC-9BEC-426B-9D20-781FE899D721.jpeg
21C67153-A266-49DF-8AF9-1163B7BBC460.jpeg
A1AABF3A-6FC8-4D30-9966-1E60109CA1AC.jpeg

Had these for about 2 weeks already just got to the Texas crib to open the box up

are the new gucci tees oversized?

nm model makes it seem like it, i like the fit of the older seasons fake-logo tee

that one also looks like it has the soft vintage-esque cotton, the new one looks like a thicker cotton
NMN638F_mz.jpg

are the new gucci tees oversized?

nm model makes it seem like it, i like the fit of the older seasons fake-logo tee

that one also looks like it has the soft vintage-esque cotton, the new one looks like a thicker cotton
NMN638F_mz.jpg

Oversized like the recent tees

Back
Top Bottom