HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOE/CLOTHES/ACCESSORIES/WAYW THREAD

1610085517238.png

1610085530121.png

Congrats man, let me know how you like the new PCM vs old PCM. I'm sure it's miles ahead.

After getting the family Tesla Model 3 Perf, it’s annoying in a way to drive our GT-R. Even in the newer ICE German performance cars there is power delivery lag that is noticeable. Having said that we’ve placed an order on a Taycan 4S. Tesla’a are awesome, but the assembly quality is lacking vs. its peers. Sorry if this is OT but cars are fashion, right? 😀

F5343838-B60F-4019-BC3A-62A93EC6BEC3.jpeg

After getting the family Tesla Model 3 Perf, it’s annoying in a way to drive our GT-R. Even in the newer ICE German performance cars there is power delivery lag that is noticeable. Having said that we’ve placed an order on a Taycan 4S. Tesla’a are awesome, but the assembly quality is lacking vs. its peers. Sorry if this is OT but cars are fashion, right? 😀

Taycans are gorgeous but please dont tell me you getting that color. Horrid.

They taycan is great but the range is poor. The couple dealerships I’ve been to have a ton sitting there on the lot.

200 miles doesnt seem like a bad range but then again im just not into electric cars just yet

id rather get the panamera sport turismo than the taycan at this point of time

then again i have no interest in a sedan at this point either, rather get a G wagon then have my car be a coupe like a cayman

We can tolerate some of this here too I think. :lol:

They taycan is great but the range is poor. The couple dealerships I’ve been to have a ton sitting there on the lot.

I was able to drive one for a week and it beat my range log in similar conditions for my Model 3. The EPA seriously underrated its range (I got to 278 miles and pulled into my garage with 5 remaining). I can't speak to your areas dealership allocation, but your observation is interesting as it outsold everything but SUVs in the portfolio, which is common throughout automotive. But as far as range, 270 is plenty for my needs-especially with a 240V outlet in the garage.

Last edited:
Taycans are gorgeous but please dont tell me you getting that color. Horrid.

We went with Carrara White Metallic. I always pick white or grey for my cars, usually its a pain to keep clean but the lack of exhaust and reduction of brake pad dust should work wonders in the case of the Taycan. One of the reasons I stopped driving the Nissan.
1.jpg

Last edited:

congrats, did you get a deal on the Taycan?

I like the Model X but I’m fairly certain I will be getting a Taycan to replace it. I’m currently on my third Porsche and the build quality is night and day compared to Tesla. I don’t mind it for my daily commute but I can already hear the rattles getting louder and it only has 11k miles.

ive noticed this as well, they don’t seem to be moving well at all. I’m hoping I can get one on the cheap.

congrats, did you get a deal on the Taycan?

I like the Model X but I’m fairly certain I will be getting a Taycan to replace it. I’m currently on my third Porsche and the build quality is night and day compared to Tesla. I don’t mind it for my daily commute but I can already hear the rattles getting louder and it only has 11k miles.

ive noticed this as well, they don’t seem to be moving well at all. I’m hoping I can get one on the cheap.

Thanks, I did-but I'm not sure if its because they really wanted my GT-R for some reason on a trade in (I suspect well taken care of post facelift models are hard to find). My M3P has a slight squeak as well, but I will say the newer gen chips for the UI and battery pack/chassis for the Y/3 make quite a bit of difference vs the X/S for controls/driving. I do agree on your Porsche/Tesla comparison, but we are keeping the Tesla for eventual track days-I never like driving the pricer stuff on track for obvious reasons.

I did beat the EPA estimate on the 4S with 21 inch wheels-a quick search online will show numerous people getting about 80-70 more miles on the 4S than advertised.

Our last regional report put the Taycan right below average for average days on lot-but outside of Tesla, all EV sales have slipped over the winter for some reason.-but with the full tax credit it makes this a no brainer vs. a 911, not to mention I'm really not keen on paying so much from premium gas/maintaining when I'm averaging $23 a month to charge/service my Tesla vs $315 for the GT-R. If your willing to take inventory I’m sure you’ll be able to negotiate quite a bit off the price.

Last edited:
Thanks, I did-but I'm not sure if its because they really wanted my GT-R for some reason on a trade in (I suspect well taken care of post facelift models are hard to find). My M3P has a slight squeak as well, but I will say the newer gen chips for the UI and battery pack/chassis for the Y/3 make quite a bit of difference vs the X/S for controls/driving. I do agree on your Porsche/Tesla comparison, but we are keeping the Tesla for eventual track days-I never like driving the pricer stuff on track for obvious reasons.

I did beat the EPA estimate on the 4S with 21 inch wheels-a quick search online will show numerous people getting about 80-70 more miles on the 4S than advertised.

Our last regional report put the Taycan right below average for average days on lot-but outside of Tesla, all EV sales have slipped over the winter for some reason.-but with the full tax credit it makes this a no brainer vs. a 911, not to mention I'm really not keen on paying so much from premium gas/maintaining when I'm averaging $23 a month to charge/service my Tesla vs $315 for the GT-R. If your willing to take inventory I’m sure you’ll be able to negotiate quite a bit off the price.

I don't ever hit the track, but I have a 911 991.2 targa 4 gts that I got back in september. I've posted pics of both in the car thread if you're interested. When the time comes i'll likely do a 4s Taycan also because that's all I really need for my commute.

Care to elaborate on the tesla UI/pack on my car? When I got the car the person told me it has some updated UI and hardware for FSD that's the same in the model 3 as well as a newer suspension that is supposed to make it buttery smooth (that was a lie). I know I can't supercharge as fast as 3/Y but I never S/C anyways.

I don't want to derail this thread any further though, as it's sale season and there's lots of high end fashion deals to talk about.

Agreed but I might throw in etai name as well.
Some of etai’s stuff is nice. Always wondered how much something like a jacket or bag he makes would be. The little lighter cases are like at least $200 I’m pretty sure so it must be $$

Back
Top Bottom