HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOE/CLOTHES/ACCESSORIES/WAYW THREAD

yo them LV new balances go hard af

1596665857936.png

This is a pic of my friend trying these on but also ordered these for myself. Acne bootcut trousers. Will probably get black as well. Love the fit and color.

D7B38CDD-9C9C-4165-B6BD-59C486B06AD4.jpeg

Pants are fire and I’m liking the fit but this dude got one of the worst postures I’ve seen get him to a chiropractor asap.

And yeah MCM isn’t great. I think it was just popular during the 80s because I’ve seen pics of Mike Tyson rocking it during his prime. The Chicago kids thing comes from Chief Keef I’m pretty sure.

This could not be said the same for Goyard? :lol:

Fair point but Goyard also has quality, design, and history going for em. MCM doesn’t.

Plus I almost don’t really even look at the Goyard print as a logo. It’s just a cool pattern. By being a pattern and not big letters it feels less conspicuous to me.

To each their own. Easy to see how one can interpret the HS that way. I look at it like going to a custom boot maker and having them make a shoe like a sneaker but using all the correct boot making process. And how they age. Goes along with my love of raw denim. It’s more character specific to the owner and add that much more. They also make great conversation pieces. I think the guys in the Y-3 store on La Brea almost fainted when they found out how much she paid lol(IIRC we got her pair for sub $300).

The Off-White looks cool, don’t get me wrong. My personal taste just gravitates more to HS.

Yeah the difference is the hender schemes have hit sales and discount multiple times while the off white 4s are just gonna increase in price. I’m going with the 4s and I’m not even into off white nike like that anymore.

hs quality on leather use alone is way better than ow4 not to mention the handmade construction is artisinal level

the patina it develops akin to leather boots

hs can last years, decades of wear and be resoled to give it new life

i get it if people dont like it because its not your typical sneakers but it also feels like you take away the resale on the ow4s and it loses its appeal for many

imma go ahead and be one of those guys that says “if it aint ow collab, cw probably wouldnt sell out...?“ and even on the ow thread, it seemed like it had to grow on people, a lot didnt like it initially then they started seeing it more and more and then they see its gon resale for insane $$$ and they start to fall in love with em

I was talking strictly how the shoes look with fits. If you have the same fit with the OW’s and the HS’, im confident that 10/10 times its gonna look better with the OW’s.

Never mentioned their quality or value against each other.

Back
Top Bottom