Hip Hop: A Decade In Review (Vol The Official Love/Hate Thread) (UPDATE pg. 1)

There is no need to mention Carter 3 in a positive light, unless you're strictly talking about the sales side.

Which is
pimp.gif

Other than that, C3 is painfully average.

Originally Posted by presumed

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

We don't even talk about Carter 3 like Bleprint or Stillmatic... & C3 dropped LAST year....

Carter III is a classic in my book.. joint did a mil in one week, that alone speaks for itself about the impact it had on society.. I thought OP's list was well thought out and I agreed with almost all of his selections, so I'm just gonna leave it at that
laugh.gif
@ "the impact it had on society" Whenhistorians look back at 2008 they would assess the impact The Carter 3 had on modern society.

laugh.gif
Carter 3 having an impact on soceity...
smh.gif

I DID show Lil Wayne winning BIG @ the 09' Grammys as one of the MOST memorable moments of the decade...

But as far as C3, outside of the sales aspect, the actual quality of the music and its lasting power isn't what you really hear people talk about. Ipersonally enjoyed the album for what it was, but as far as quality I don't think it can hold a candle the the MAJORITY of the good albums mentionedthroughout the thread.

**Kanye shrug**

laugh.gif
Carter 3 having an impact on soceity...
smh.gif

I DID show Lil Wayne winning BIG @ the 09' Grammys as one of the MOST memorable moments of the decade...

But as far as C3, outside of the sales aspect, the actual quality of the music and its lasting power isn't what you really hear people talk about. I personally enjoyed the album for what it was, but as far as quality I don't think it can hold a candle the the MAJORITY of the good albums mentioned throughout the thread.

**Kanye shrug**

Haha.. I know what you mean.. Lil Wayne is the epitome of profane rap

U gotta appreciate Carter III wayne for what it is tho.. his ultra-successful commercial attempt that was a result of hard work (an vast understatement btw)..and you can tell by the end result, which was an album with substance, where almost every song was quality... you could tell that every song was chosen bywayne for a reason, and that he put his all into his work

A "classic" to me is an album that u can listen to straight through enjoying every song, and of course it has to have perosnal meaning to theartist... which is why we are such fans of College Dropout... Stillmatic.. Blueprint.. etc

1. "3 Peat"
2. "Mr. Carter" (feat. Jay-Z)
3. "A Milli"
4. "Got Money" (feat. T-Pain)
5. "Comfortable" (feat. Babyface)
6. "Dr. Carter"
7. "Phone Home"
8. "Tie My Hands" (feat. Robin Thicke)
9. "Mrs. Officer" (feat. Bobby Valentino & Kidd Kidd1)
10. "Let the Beat Build"
11. "Shoot Me Down" (feat. D. Smith)
12. "Lollipop" (feat. Static Major)
13. "La La" (feat. Brisco & Busta Rhymes)
14. "Playing With Fire2" (feat. Betty Wright)
15. "You Ain't Got Nuthin" (feat. Juelz Santana & Fabolous)
16. "Don't Get It"

As the decade has gone on, my appreciation for Nas has grown to the point where he has just about overtaken Jay-Z as my favorite rap artist.

Originally Posted by Classy Freshman

As the decade has gone on, my appreciation for Nas has grown to the point where he has just about overtaken Jay-Z Camel Stedman as my favorite rap artist.
N put in SERIOUS work this decade...
Stillmatic
Lost Tapes
God's Son
Streets Disciple
Hip Hop Is Dead
Untitled

Then the NEW joint with Damien Marley is sounding DOPE as well... I think NaS is ready to make GREAT musicfor yet ANOTHER decade...

Of all the rappers 34+ NaS is (one of) the ONLY one that continues to get BETTER with time, others are still trying to mirrortheir status from the 90s and earlys 2000s, while NaS is just growing, and making MORE thought provoking music...

Originally Posted by Classy Freshman

As the decade has gone on, my appreciation for Nas has grown to the point where he has just about overtaken Jay-Z Camel Stedman as my favorite rap artist.
N put in SERIOUS work this decade...
Stillmatic
Lost Tapes
God's Son
Streets Disciple
Hip Hop Is Dead
Untitled

Then the NEW joint with Damien Marley is sounding DOPE as well... I think NaS is ready to make GREAT music for yet ANOTHER decade...

Of all the rappers 34+ NaS is (one of) the ONLY one that continues to get BETTER with time, others are still trying to mirror their status from the 90s and earlys 2000s, while NaS is just growing, and making MORE thought provoking music...
This. all of it.

Originally Posted by Nash

Young Jeezy sucks
yeah I said it
I too was ONCE a Young Jeezy HATER...

You just gotta take the music for what it is, get a blunt and a nice set of speakers, and there's NO denying the DOPEnessof his albums...

Back
Top Bottom