Hip Hop Pet Peaves Thread

If it aint real it aint poppin. Skinny jeans wit big *%# sneakers. Corny. If you gone wear them tight jeans might as well show some toes.

Originally Posted by A Thrilla

If it aint real it aint poppin. Skinny jeans wit big *%# sneakers. Corny. If you gone wear them tight jeans might as well show some toes.

laugh.gif

Mike Jones. Jim Jones. Plies. Cats with real talent not even bing mentioned in "hip- hop" converstations. Cats with NO talent being compared togreats. Cats hatin on Hov. Young boys sayin BIG, Pac, 'Face, Jay, etc. werent Great. Bow Wow.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

Originally Posted by M16

Stoupe is one of the greatest producers of all-time. To say otherwise is just foolish and ignorant.

Overrated as hell, IMO. He has some great beats but many more that sound boring and cliché. Using a million samples and creating highly complex beats doesn't mean a thing if it doesn't sound good.

To be fair, hip-hop production isn't exactly at the forefront of musical innovation, so maybe I'm being too harsh.
frown.gif

When rappers say "get it?" after a punchline/metaphor.

Off the top of my head, Drake and BIGGIE have done it and I think it's just unnecessary and kinda corny.

No name smutzz singin hooks

That one track that was "for da ladies" and fails miserably
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Rappers stuntin wit they boss's chain (that aint yours b, take it off)

Videos shot with a shoe string budget

Recycled verses from a freestlye ends up on a song 6 months later

Albums with no release day in sight

No comradary in NYC
smh.gif

Da overall decline of lyrical prowness in verses..

Dudes from Atlanta apparently not knowing where they're from. Everytime somebody rep they hood
somebody else come out and say they're not from there. I just seen J Money talking about how
Leiland Austin is fronting and he's actually from Lithonia. I'm waiting for somebody to say that
F.L.Y ain't from Zone 6 or some $!+ like that.

supergroups/songs with a bunch of big rappers
when people rhyme "crazy" with "jay-z"
when people rhyme "party" with "bacardi"
rhymes with mad forced multis (see: cam and fabolous back in the early 00s)
producers who make the same beat over and over (i see you, don cannon!)

Back
Top Bottom