Hip-Hop Posters (Web Store Now Open For Business) Vol. Hip-Hop Vol. Shameless Self-Promotion

Made some jerseys to go with that logo ^

Very cool :pimp:
How do you get into doing this type of stuff?

Thanks man.

I'm currently studying Graphic Design, look at doing something like that or Communication Arts if you're interested. Prior to this I was teaching myself how to use Photoshop/Illustrator/etc. you could probably do the same, there's plenty of tutorials on Youtube too which are great. But just picking up a pen and paper and drawing on that is the easiest place to start.

Yo man,

The posters are hit or miss. I think the Run-DMC one is easily the best, the typography on that is nice and it looks like you put a lot of time into it. Plus you paid tribute to their album cover. The best ones clue you in at least a little bit on who the artist is, IMO. Like the "Progressions" Tribe one is going to go over everyone's head, and the font looks like it's from Microsoft Word.

In that contest, I like that you didn't use either one of the provided files. That's tough and will definitely set you apart from the rest of the competition. That said, there's some really tough competition, too. I mean some of these submissions are DOPE.

http://creativeallies.com/contests/717-design-a-poster-for-kendrick-lamar/entries

I'm sure you are already familiar with sites like this, but I use dafont.com or 1001 fonts to find new fonts.

Here's some of my stuff I did in a little series a couple months back. Similar concept.

Last edited:
Yo man,
The posters are hit or miss. I think the Run-DMC one is easily the best, the typography on that is nice and it looks like you put a lot of time into it. Plus you paid tribute to their album cover. The best ones clue you in at least a little bit on who the artist is, IMO. Like the "Progressions" Tribe one is going to go over everyone's head, and the font looks like it's from Microsoft Word.
In that contest, I like that you didn't use either one of the provided files. That's tough and will definitely set you apart from the rest of the competition. That said, there's some really tough competition, too. I mean some of these submissions are DOPE.
http://creativeallies.com/contests/717-design-a-poster-for-kendrick-lamar/entries
I'm sure you are already familiar with sites like this, but I use dafont.com or 1001 fonts to find new fonts.
Here's some of my stuff I did in a little series a couple months back. Similar concept.

Thanks man.

Typography is still a major issue for me at the moment haha. It can really make or break your design and is so easy to get absolutely wrong.

What is your background? You should post some more of your stuff up

Your Wu-Tang one actually might be your best. Just keep in mind that sans-serif fonts are really "in" right now, it's hard to use a serif font besides a type-writer thing or similar vintage font that isn't corny-looking.

I'm a writer for the Minnesota Timberwolves... I get to do some graphic design stuff on the side though, too... my dad taught me how to do Photoshop a long time ago, and I've picked up tips from design friends through the years.

Here are some recent ones

Then here's a cover I did for the boy Nique for an upcoming single. Would love to do album artwork for anyone else who's interested. Second one is for my own beat tape.

Last edited:
Dope! You got some skills. I know it's been suggested--But switching up the background would help it out. 

A resource I go to when I need color inspiration:

Part 1

There's two more parts, should be linked in there.

-NJ

Can't believe I didn't see this thread before. All are 
pimp.gif
. Favorite is the Kanye Spaceship and Wu Tang. 

Whoops! That KRS-ONE wasn't meant to look like that, it looks kinda cool though, so I'll roll with it. :rofl:

The real one's on my Tumblr

I was thinking about putting a signature on them somewhere, but thought it would be too artsy-fartsy/pretentious. I'll have to look into it from now on.
I think the same way you do about tagging my work , but i have read a lot of peoples blogs about their work being stolen and decided its for the best .

Other than that some of them need some work , but overall good stuff. Keep doing your thing 8)

Last edited:
Anything Cudi inspired? :nerd: Specifically from the songs Cudi Zone, Down and Out, The Prayer or King Wizard, using the Man on the Moon cover art as a basis for the art?

Anything Cudi inspired? :nerd: Specifically from the songs Cudi Zone, Down and Out, The Prayer or King Wizard, using the Man on the Moon cover art as a basis for the art?

Not yet homie.

I love that album though, so I might give it a look

Back
Top Bottom