History of the MJ statue

That's cool. I didn't know they were the same people who sculpted the Lakers statues outside of Staples Center.

I remember when those idiotic hockey fans put a blackhawks jersey and helmet on it smh

One of the first things I did when I went to a Bulls game when I was in Chicago years back was to see what shoes he was wearing.  haha

Haha   I look like a fool but had to post.  Man time flies.  Pic from January 2006.  Remember being at Niketown that weekend and didnt really close attention to shoes at the time and found out the DMP had dropped that morning...

223594_509429547709_76801511_30104732_8632_n.jpg

there are two objects i need to visit when i come to Chicago:
One is the Sears tower and the other is the United Center and taking pics
of MJ's bronze statue ^^

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

I remember when those idiotic hockey fans put a blackhawks jersey and helmet on it smh
96316261c6b5c14fe9db7cd19fc494455d668671_r.jpeg

Yeah man. 

May-June 2010 when I was there for the first time, I sure wasn't expecting this. 
ohwell.gif

This statue should NEVER be altered. It's too iconic!

Ehhh, we love our Blackhawks so I personally didn't mind.  Thought it was pretty cool actually, especially since it was in the middle of the Stanley Cup run.  I don't think most of the city had any issues either.

Originally Posted by zebraska24

One of the first things I did when I went to a Bulls game when I was in Chicago years back was to see what shoes he was wearing.  haha

Haha   I look like a fool but had to post.  Man time flies.  Pic from January 2006.  Remember being at Niketown that weekend and didnt really close attention to shoes at the time and found out the DMP had dropped that morning...

223594_509429547709_76801511_30104732_8632_n.jpg
My picture's from '95 and it's even worse.

And I'm not going to post it. But I'm wearing my Bordeaux's in it.

Originally Posted by KMante

96316261c6b5c14fe9db7cd19fc494455d668671_r.jpeg

Yeah man. 

May-June 2010 when I was there for the first time, I sure wasn't expecting this. 
ohwell.gif

This statue should NEVER be altered. It's too iconic!
HOW DID THEY EVEN GET THE JERSEY ON?!?!?!

What's wrong with that? I don't see it so disrespectful... It's pretty cool IMO.  

It was during the hockey playoffs.
michael-jordan-blackhawks-toews-jersey.jpg

They do the same thing for Magic Johnson statue during the Kings playoffs, except they actually make a customized "Johnson" hockey jersey with his number  
laugh.gif

4535596107_d914f1b9c7.jpg

Magic in a customized Kings Jersey 
smokin.gif

I wish the sculptors did a better job with his face/likeness though.  Would've preferred a bearded Magic circa '87

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

What's wrong with that? I don't see it so disrespectful... It's pretty cool IMO.  

They do the same thing for Magic Johnson statue during the Kings playoffs, except they actually make a customized "Johnson" hockey jersey with his number  
laugh.gif

There is nothing disrespectful about it. It was quite cool, but I was going there expecting the raw statue that's why it caught me off guard initially! 
Anyways, looking back it was a very exciting time in Chicago and they dressed up the MJ statue and he was actually at the Stanley Cup Finals games with a Toews jersey like you showed, so it was perfect for the time.
pimp.gif

im from chicago man, that hockey stuff aint no dis respect. the blackhawks won it that year anyway. its all good

that story is dope how they made jordan statue and after that they made a lot more... its like jordan's statue was the start of history... that must be a great feeling to get your own statue for your respective team
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

laugh.gif

waiting for them to put a lakers jersey on the gretzky statue

For some reason I thought the statue would have MJ with his tongue out, like how he plays.
laugh.gif
 I must say I'm a little disappointed.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by you go boy

that story is dope how they made jordan statue and after that they made a lot more... its like jordan's statue was the start of history... that must be a great feeling to get your own statue for your respective team
pimp.gif
Who'd be your candidate for a NYK statue?  Clyde/Pearl/Ewing??

Originally Posted by CAto312

Originally Posted by you go boy

pimp.gif
Who'd be your candidate for a NYK statue?  Clyde/Pearl/Ewing??

its tough to say because clyde and pearl haven't been on the knicks that long even though they won a championship and ewing has been there long enough but hasn't won a championship... i really wouldn't mind clyde or ewing in front of the garden but i wouldn't be surprised if it didn't happen... with that being said the knicks just need to win another championship before even thinking of putting a statue there
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom