Hitting Up NYC at the end of July

Get fresh, go to a club in dyckman, buy a bottle, come home wit a shorty, then do it again.

Pm me if u need somethin i got everythin

I usually dislike art museums due to massive amounts of pictures of medieval white people, but the Brooklyn Art Museum was pretty cool with all the ancient Asian and African art/sculptures (although they do have a section with portraits of Europeans from the 1700s :lol:) . One thing though, I swear people must only hype up Basquiat because they heard Jay Z mention him. Dude's art was GARBAGE and they dedicated an entire floor to it there :smh: they really framed a notepad page which said "Art." and placed it right where you walk into the exhibit

Don't be afraid to go to Brooklyn. Man, I went to Brooklyn after 4 years last month, and Flatbush was damn near a completely different neighborhood. Looked so odd with all these pastry shops and white people everywhere :lol:

Last edited:
Almost every day there are at least 4 or 5 open bar parties or events going on in the city that are all live and all free.  You'll be shocked, most of the best times and parties are usually free and come with free liquor. 

I'll check back in this thread periodically, but when you're on your way, hit me and I got you. 

Avoid shake shack and times square.nothing to do on si.just stick to bk and manhattan (downtown ,maybe midtown ,unless u wanna go to the heightz).bk is shaking the most these days so I would say spend time there.queens is cool if u wanna venture out.there's too many spots to name one by one man.city is too big but honestly it's all about the area your in.just explore this great city and have a great adventure.trust me u won't have to sleep as long as u got some money to spend and party supplies.have a great time in the greatest city on the planet

Last edited:
You might as well try and hit up everything. Even the tourist spots, its summer time in NYC. They are out in full effect.

Last edited:
If you want really good pizza, hit up Gaby's in Queens.
BBQ's on 42nd Street never fails (grab the Hennessy wings).
Walk through Brownsville at 1am-4am for the time of your life.

Yo what are some good spots for nightlife and could you please designate what borough they are in. Me and my boys in town and we are just looking for some ladies who like to dance at the club

1992sylmu1z11gif.gif

Who recommends BBQs to anyone? If you want real barbeque, Linden's Pizza and Ribs is the best in Brooklyn. Be sure to do some sightseeing at the Louis Pink Houses. A lot of culture there.

Go the Sex Musuem on 5th Avenue. It's an interesting place to say the least. Even better if you bring a partner. Being from TX, it's going to be a major culture shock. Everything is so overpriced, even their KMart is more expensive than ours, and overpopulated, and getting around will be a nightmare since we're used to just driving whereever the hell we are going and parking there for free.

I used the New York Pass the first time to do all the touristy things. Pay 1 price for the pass and experience as many of the attractions included, in some cases even skip the line, free during the duration you pay for. https://www.newyorkpass.com/En/how-it-works/ I bet there's millions of things on Groupon, do you have a hotel room yet? How would you feel about a hostel or a bnb at someone's house? Just add a layer of interesting and a story to tell to the trip, or if you just need to do a regular telly specials pop up all the time. You can stay right in Manhattan but expect to pay over $120 or I priceline name your own priced and was in Queens the second time for like $60 a night right by the 33rd and Rawson subway stop (that's always where you can go hoop open gym at the college for $5)

Definitely go to the Nike store, NBA store, Polo store, Woodbury Commons Outlet if you have a car or can catch that weekend bus trip, South Pole factory is in New Jersey, Amy Ruth's or Sylvia's in Harlem, maybe go find the Rucker (I didnt get to) or West 4th Courts and catch a run, Wax Museum was cool but I think yall have a Madam Taussaude's in Dallas and Houston too, 9/11 museum, S.O.L you can take a speedboat out to it on the pass I mentioned above, there's a Military museum on a boat right next to it, SOB's is a live music venue there I want to check out sometime too

buy a weekly metro card even if youre only here for a few days, at 2.50~ per ride it can add up quickly getting around weekly is about 30something bucks

Back
Top Bottom