Holiday '10: Nike Air Go LWP Returns

I’ll take everything pictured.
EDD38A7C-97ED-45BB-B6F7-E94FBC8B4909.jpeg

i would die to have those black and whites. had several back in the day.
i copped the retros when they came out but not the wolf grey. i wanted more OG colorways
really wanted them to retro the white bluishpurple... blurple?

On this day, 10 years ago, Nick DePaula shared the Retro vs. OG comparison on the Eastbay Blog. His summary helped to introduce a new generation to a shoe which has a special history in Nike Basketball and has long held a special place in my collection since 1994. This model is truly a favorite of mine and it is something to appreciate how Eric Avar's design has withstood the test of time in ways few can. Here is a personal pic from my collection in honor of this date, set to be similar in appearance as a thank you to a fellow Air GO LWP fan.
Nike Air GO LWP_NT.jpg

Let's keep this going... 1 week prior to his blog for Eastbay, Nick got a lot of people excited with a story on SoleCollector which teased the return (with a few possible changes) of the White / Varsity Royal / Black colorway. It seemed as though Nike understood the importance of the OG colorways and the Air G.O. would be one of the few retro models which recognized the potential. However, it seems that Nike changed their minds and samples were as far as these made it in terms of production. DEAR NIKE...please do this shoe justice in the near-future.

Air GO LWP_sample.jpg

They should release the Warriors colorway . I still have a DS pair of sz 13's on Ice. I always thought it was one of the best colorways for this shoe. They called it the "Killer Crossover "colorway.

Edit: so sorry , my mistake I said Lakers colorway but it was the Warriors colorway released at HOH in 2010. Haven't looked at them in years.

Last edited:
Ah, the HOH nod to Tim & the Warriors, that was a nice colorway. The color blocking options are vast and it would be amazing if Nike put them up for customization using OG materials.

Update from Tim's IG:
""

NIKE, it is time to start thinking ahead and celebrate what's coming for Tim!

Last edited:
Where is this pair?! Tim rocking them at home back in the day…
D77DF383-7B0A-42B7-865E-12C7FB913F1E.png

Attachments

• 15A46812-A308-4B67-95A6-814B3A9CECF0.jpeg
    15A46812-A308-4B67-95A6-814B3A9CECF0.jpeg
    67.2 KB · Views: 122
Where is this pair?! Tim rocking them at home back in the day…
D77DF383-7B0A-42B7-865E-12C7FB913F1E.png
Dang man you are taking me down a rabbit hole! Completely forgot Tim's Air Go selections - he rocked the all black too.
At first glance I thought this COULD have been Richmond's shoe with white laces. But odds are yeah it's a P.E.

Back
Top Bottom