Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

6 beds for 3100 sqft? Rooms must be small as hell
I'd say 3 out of 6 are small. One room is downstairs and isnt small. the master is upstairs. and other decent size room is on the other side of the loft. Its just me and her at the moment so the room sizes aren't an issue. We've also already thought about knocking down a wall and combining 2 rooms if it ever becomes a problem

Just opened escrow today on a house with my girl, hopefully it all goes smooth. We're in Menifee CA which is basically the Inland Empire. Its a great up and coming area and its only a hour and 20 minute drive to LA one way and a hour and 10 minute drive to San Diego the other way. We moved to California a year ago from Maryland.

6 bed 3 bath 3 car garage 3100 sq. ft for 455k. Originally we got beat out by a better offer but it fell threw. Good luck to everyone out here looking or that will be looking in the future!
Nice I was thinking about moving out that way be it’s a lot cheaper than staying in the inland empire(Ontario, Fontana, Rancho) plus there are some nice houses towards that way

2423 2423 I highly recommend this area. There's a huge shopping center a few lights down from me and there's a new town center under construction as we speak. Houses are really nice in this area and the schools have good ratings. The market is very hot here though, homes are mostly selling above asking price and are going quickly.

seeing this house built from scratch has been quite the experience y’all

B9B9823F-E6F9-486B-B05C-EC6A341996DB.jpeg

Planner5d.com is a great website that i found for deciding how to layout my house. You can even knock down walls and change out doors/windows

We're re-doing our front yard as it was not our taste when we bought the house 10 years ago. We originally laid grass but when we did our backyard last year, it basically died due to heat and having boards over it to run a bobcat to the back.

This will be a long project, one we're basically doing ourselves. Phase 1 was a front deck as we live on a court. Our street is fairly private, but our property given where it sits is even more so. The kids like playing out front in the evening, so it gives us a spot to sit and watch. Phase 2 will be a walkway / convert existing sprinkler system to drip, Phase 3 will be a Pergola over the deck to provide shade. That front exposure is basically south, south-west, so it cooks in the summer. Phase 4 will be planter boxes and planting.

Phase 1 description and pics: had to move a river rock and cinder blocks that made up the boarder. Had originally tarped whatever grass was left to kill it off. Tarp was removed after some mid-May rain. Had 10-12 rose bushes/plants to dig out and remove. PG&E gave a huge assist on that, saved me 3 days worth of work at least. Once ground was prepped, moved into framing out the deck which then required moving our existing sprinkler hookups so the valves won't be under the deck. Finally, rototilled the ground yesterday so we can do our walk-ways and designate the planting area.

Pics:
4.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
18.jpg
19.jpg
9.jpg
13.jpg

I submitted an offer for a condo over the weekend. Offered at listing price, $260k with escalation clause up to $275k with contingencies (home inspection, appraisal and finance).

Seller's agent called my agent (my uncle) and told him he wanted the home inspection info waived and to up the offer to $272k firm. I said fine. I was competing against someone else, I find out this morning the other buyer waived all the contingencies and won the condo

Back to the drawing board. :smh:

Edit:

My uncle told me he thinks the other offer was $266k with no contingencies attached.

Last edited:
I submitted an offer for a condo over the weekend. Offered at listing price, $260k with escalation clause up to $275k with contingencies (home inspection, appraisal and finance).

Seller's agent called my agent (my uncle) and told him he wanted the home inspection info waived and to up the offer to $272k firm. I said fine. I was competing against someone else, I find out this morning the other buyer waived all the contingencies and won the condo

Back to the drawing board. :smh:
It's competitive as hell out there man. Especially at that price point.

For condos, a lot of times in situations like this, waiving the home inspection shouldn't be too hard since there shouldn't really be any kind of structural issues. Just make sure you look at things very thoroughly when you're out there and are aware of what may need to be repaired/replaced so you can be prepared financially and offer accordingly.

For the appraisal, a lot just depends on your financial position and your ability to potentially make up the difference in cash if it under appraises. If you have the cash and there are comps that can somewhat justify the escalated price, you could probably get away with waiving that too.

The financing contingency is a bit more difficult and kind of a grey area with it's interpretation. Dropping your financing contingency doesn't necessarily mean you're paying cash, but the listing agent/seller may request that you show proof of funds that you can purchase the property without a loan. If you and your lender are rock solid though, you shouldn't have any issue actually getting the loan completed.

We just got an estimate to finish our basement 50-70k and for our patio 32k. We told him he has lost his damn mind.
He doesn't actually want the job :lol:

Basement shouldn't cost any more than like $15-20k. Obviously depends on what you're planning to do with it though.

He doesn't actually want the job :lol:

Basement shouldn't cost any more than like $15-20k. Obviously depends on what you're planning to do with it though.

That must be it. It is a big basement but still. I almost had my husband call him back over to cuss him out. I legit felt disrespected.

That must be it. It is a big basement but still. I almost had my husband call him back over to cuss him out. I legit felt disrespected.
A LOT of contractors do this depending on how busy they are. They don't actually want the job so they'll throw some ridiculous number out there and maybe can take somebody for a sucka.

Back
Top Bottom