Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

Idk houses are still going fast here with bidding wars.

I don’t think anything long term is gonna happen once corona is old news.

It seems like a recession is coming, but Bay Area house market still selling like crazy and theres no inventory. If the recession do come will it effect the real estate market at all? Prices and inventory still crazy for the Bay Area.

What I was told is the next recession would be a Stock Market issue not Housing. Also very low inventory across the whole country and Job Market still kicking butt these days. Prices still sky rocketing here in the East Coast , so

Great market for an investment opportunity in NJ right now.

Lots of NYC residents are also moving down south or to the DMV areas.

for my refinance folks who have amex

Amex offer: $2,500 statement credit for home refinance Better.com
+102 Deal Score
151,114 Views 1,209 Comments
Must have an amex to add offer to your account. Details:

Unlock even more as an
American Express® Card Member with an exclusive mortgage offer from Better.com
Better.com is making the homebuying and refinance experiences more rewarding, with a $2,500 statement credit and more, exclusively for eligible Card Members. See offer terms below.

https://www.americanexpress.com/u...-OfferHub2

EDIT information from Better.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hello,
I work with Better,com and wanted to see if you could please add in the following information to your post on Amex/Better,com deal as it reads incorrect as it stands, especially regarding eligibility. We want to make sure the offer is stated as accurately as possible:
1) Mortgage rates of any specific customer, stated or otherwise, should not be taken as indicative of a mortgage rate available to all customers. Pricing is based on a number of factors, including the individual credit profile of a potential borrower.
2) The offer is only available to those borrowers who have been marketed to directly by American Express, and those who have not received the offer on their Amex portal or via email are not eligible.

I’m not

This seems OK to me.

IMO 10k has to be the lowest we accept
That’s what I was thinking.
NJ has a great housing market but the location also is important. A lot of people are flipping in Newark.

I bought my home in central jersey Woodbridge township,it was close to my job in Brooklyn but now that I work in the city it’s a little hassle

Great market for an investment opportunity in NJ right now.

Lots of NYC residents are also moving down south or to the DMV areas.
Where exactly in NJ are you referring to tho? I’ve begun to really understand the markets in Hudson, Essex and Bergen County with a goal of investing in 3 rental properties by end of 2020.

It’s not as fruitful as you would think but the flip market is still pretty enticing.

That’s what I was thinking.
NJ has a great housing market but the location also is important. A lot of people are flipping in Newark.

I bought my home in central jersey Woodbridge township,it was close to my job in Brooklyn but now that I work in the city it’s a little hassle
How would central Jerz be closer to Brooklyn than the city? You’d have to go INTO the city then the L train to get out to Brooklyn...

How would central Jerz be closer to Brooklyn than the city? You’d have to go INTO the city then the L train to get out to Brooklyn...
Woodbridge is right next to Staten Island. I was working at a NYU hospital in industry city Bk so my commute was like 30 mins door to door. And this was driving

It’s not as fruitful as you would think but the flip market is still pretty enticing.

Only into it for the flip, through hard money loans. Its actually better than using your own money as they give you money for the renovations too. Since we're potentially pooling, its not that much of a risk. Interest rate anywhere from 9-11%. You're in it for 2-3 months MAX.

Love the NJ laws when it comes to evictions. Sticking to foreclosed properties in the hoods through online auctions. You can come up anywhere from 20-45k profit in a couple of months easily through flips.

Paterson, Newark, East Orange areas.

Hell I know people who came up 100k in 3 months and quit their jobs.

The absolute hardest part is getting a licensed contractor. The family members who I had moved to Florida. If you have anyone in NJ, we can get this going since we're both in the vicinity.

In a good area, no question renting is the way to go for a long term investment. I cant speak on it too much though because I have no experience in renting. I don't like chasing and these are the areas where you'll end up chasing if you rent out imo.

Last edited:
Just an update to the ppl that responded...I’m just giving others a chance to check their DM’s. I’ll make the group chat over the wknd.

Coronavirus is affecting our daily lives out there. Everybody stay safe and hydrated.

Just an update to the ppl that responded...I’m just giving others a chance to check their DM’s. I’ll make the group chat over the wknd.

Coronavirus is affecting our daily lives out there. Everybody stay safe and hydrated.

How do you plan on creating the chat?
Platform wise

Back
Top Bottom