Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

Your method of choosing a bank or CU and using their rates, doesn’t sound very appealing to me....

All depends... my first mortgage (that I just refi'd and close next week) was through a CU. At the time they matched the best rates available (3.75% almost 5 years ago) and paid for my closing costs (as long as I stayed 36 months, if not it was prorated). That helped save me like $4k in closing costs, that most brokers wouldn't have been able to match.

But I did use a broker for the refi

For those looking to refi.... not sure how stable the economy is right now, but rates just went very very low again even for cash-outs. Here's one lender I've kept an eye on for the last 2 months, and the lowest I've seen for cash-outs (I keep all the same #'s and just hit refresh about once a day).

You can get better loan options/grants if you run a small business.

To answer your question, yes. I'm a landlord with RE investment properties with mortgages and I applied last night

I didn’t lock when my sister in law told me she can get me 2.875%... Thought it was gonna go down more and it back fired

She just hit me up yesterday though, told me she can get me 3% 30yr... So I hopped on that, don’t wanna take another chance :lol: :lol:

Doing a refi from fha to conventional. Best rate my guy could get me is 3.875% because I don’t have 20% equity. Was trying to get that 3.5 but oh well. At least he’s waiving all the fees.

Was talking to an agent today - we wanted to look at one particular property and have cash, she told us to wait 6 months and the house (1.29M) will be able to get a nice discount on. This is a super competitive market, Seattle.

Imagine other markets where you don’t have Amazon, Microsoft, Expedia, Zillow, Nintendo etc. who are still hiring high paying jobs?

asking for opinions from you guys.

selling my 1800 sq ft 3bd 2.5 bath, 1 car garage and back screened in porch townhome.

8 mins from downtown and very close to RTP(research center for medical and tech) real real good location.

We put it up for 225k, take as is. Leaving the frig, wash and dryer. House is in damn good condition was built 5 years ago.

House hasn’t went on the market yet but we just received our first offer last night for 227k, 500 earnest and 2000 due diligence. They want a 600 Dollar buyers warranty on the washer and dryer. After saying all that I know damn well we can get more on the market. This is a can’t miss property, but of course the times we in has me thinking take the money is run.

What would y’all do? First time seller here.

asking for opinions from you guys.

selling my 1800 sq ft 3bd 2.5 bath, 1 car garage and back screened in porch townhome.

8 mins from downtown and very close to RTP(research center for medical and tech) real real good location.

We put it up for 225k, take as is. Leaving the frig, wash and dryer. House is in damn good condition was built 5 years ago.

House hasn’t went on the market yet but we just received our first offer last night for 227k, 500 earnest and 2000 due diligence. They want a 600 Dollar buyers warranty on the washer and dryer. After saying all that I know damn well we can get more on the market. This is a can’t miss property, but of course the times we in has me thinking take the money is run.

What would y’all do? First time seller here.

You listed at $225k, they offered you $227k. What is the issue?

I think you should talk with your realtor if it was their idea to list at $225k, if that is the problem.

Take the money. Earnest should be at least 1 percent though. I have had buyers screw me over and even thst wasn't enough though but 500 on a 227k house?

Back
Top Bottom