Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

Not us smh. My husbands thinking of doing the patio himself and we’re going to look around more for the basement. We initially really liked the guy because he was his coworkers brother. But nah

Contractors are no different than mechanics, they stay wilding out with these quotes, probably better to teach yourself off YouTube....I’m doing my basement myself, **** that

Yeah we were paying for convenience. Because he’s already hands on. But blow be just forget it. Lol

If you don't know your stuff or have someone else who is on it those contractors will take you for suckas just like mechanics

Basements are a good place for trial and error to do things yourself sometimes.

Out of 10 folks they probably got 1 or 2 suckas. Don't let it be you.

About to get the ring pro doorbell from home depot. On sale for $190, regular $250. Anything I should know before installing?

I always pull the wiring diagram/instruction booklet before buying things like that. Was looking into cameras before settling on Arlo.

Our brackets came so we'll be building a pergola over the deck in a few weeks. Ordered some tile pavers to do a walkway so doing a bunch of ground prep. The week of 6/29 is the goal to be done with mostly everything but planting.

Contractors are no different than mechanics, they stay wilding out with these quotes, probably better to teach yourself off YouTube....I’m doing my basement myself, **** that
will also do this only to sub-contract the work and make a lil finders fee

Screenshot_20200618-174241.png

“When you go from a $3 million apartment to a $3 million home, you triple or quadruple your space,” Otteau said. “You really don’t care if the mayor shuts down the beaches, or the mayor shuts down the parks, because you’ve got all that in your backyard.”

Screenshot_20200618-174241.png

“When you go from a $3 million apartment to a $3 million home, you triple or quadruple your space,” Otteau said. “You really don’t care if the mayor shuts down the beaches, or the mayor shuts down the parks, because you’ve got all that in your backyard.”

Can they please chill and go back to NY :lol: . I plan on moving back to NJ in the coming years :lol:

Submitted an offer for a condo and a couple of hours later it was accepted yesterday :pimp:

Gotta remodel the kitchen and pull the carpet from the bedrooms though.
Congrats man!

I submitted an offer for a client on Friday that was $27k over list, as-is, and didn’t get it :lol: :smh:

Depending on location, being able to get anything somewhat decent should be looked at as a big win.

Congrats man!

I submitted an offer for a client on Friday that was $27k over list, as-is, and didn’t get it :lol: :smh:

Depending on location, being able to get anything somewhat decent should be looked at as a big win.
:sick:

I was nervous my first two offers, but not this one. Maybe because I didn't expect the turnaround to be so fast. Either way, thanks.

Sometimes I wish I got a condo or townhouse.

What’s preventing HOA fees from going way up in a townhouse. Like say you pay 400 can they double them to 800? That’s what scares me.

Sometimes I wish I got a condo or townhouse.

What’s preventing HOA fees from going way up in a townhouse. Like say you pay 400 can they double them to 800? That’s what scares me.
maaaaan im against a condo just because
u basically own a damn apartment
that still has rules
regardless of owning
cant even have ur music loud past 10pm :lol:

I know but I want to buy another house down south or Vegas with mn if I left I’d need to hire someone to shovel, rake baby sit the house and make sure the furnace is on and the pipes aren’t freezing and bursting. :lol:

that way when I get laid off in dec I can just load up my car, lock the door and roll.

i swear man
living in ca
im grateful for some of the things
that i dont have to worry about
that's never even crossed my mind :lol:

yeah man. :lol:

like it’s cool here in the summer but mad depressing in the winter plus I don’t work in the winter so I might as well just leave.

but in the summer I make more than id make in two years working the whole year in Texas or something :lol:

so basically the jobs pay well but the winter is trash.

plus my wife doesn’t want to leave for good, and I like the company I work for.

yeah man. :lol:

like it’s cool here in the summer but mad depressing in the winter plus I don’t work in the winter so I might as well just leave.

but in the summer I make more than id make in two years working the whole year in Texas or something :lol:

so basically the jobs pay well but the winter is trash.

plus my wife doesn’t want to leave for good, and I like the company I work for.

and I've only seen snow 3 times in my life

Back
Top Bottom