Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

Anyone ever build a deck? Ours is a POS after getting beat down by the sun for years. We tried power washing + scraping old "deck paint" + chemicals and then re-painting (with Behr Deckover) a few years ago and it didn't even last a full year.

Now trying to determine if we should replace the top-decks + railing + steps, or rip the whole mf down and start over. And whether we should use pressure treated vs. cedar vs. composite wood. I'm leaning composite because the sun + dry heat here causes problems for the other types.
I just put up a metal framed deck with composite decking. Besides rinsing it down with the hose it’ll be maintenance free. Took about a week because I used helical piers.

Attachments

• 62DDF36E-9DA9-4C97-8F5C-CF96FCC746C6.jpeg
    62DDF36E-9DA9-4C97-8F5C-CF96FCC746C6.jpeg
    420.3 KB · Views: 389
  • FED6FDE7-B111-4F80-B6EC-FB7939B1830A.jpeg
    FED6FDE7-B111-4F80-B6EC-FB7939B1830A.jpeg
    412.4 KB · Views: 641
I'm going to build a pier and beam shed this summer on some really uneven ground that's just a waste of space. same concept as a deck really. I don't feel like leveling the ground and pouring a slab. I'll post pics when I do.

I'm going to build a pier and beam shed this summer on some really uneven ground that's just a waste of space. same concept as a deck really. I don't feel like leveling the ground and pouring a slab. I'll post pics when I do.
Keep me posted on the new spot bro and congrats again. My homegirl just drive west to Seattle and stopped through SD, she wouldn't shut up about how great it was :smokin

Keep me posted on the new spot bro and congrats again. My homegirl just drive west to Seattle and stopped through SD, she wouldn't shut up about how great it was :smokin

Thanks man! this is gonna be at the crib in St. Paul. I’m a ways out from breaking ground on the new spot...

word? Any idea where? Western sd is super slept on. :pimp:

First time home buyer. Offer got accepted this past Sunday and so far this week has been a ride. So thankful for my realtor especially in this Greater Seattle market where things can go from listed to pending in hours. People are waiving inspections, appraisal contingencies, making all sorts of concessions. Its crazy outchea.

First time home buyer. Offer got accepted this past Sunday and so far this week has been a ride. So thankful for my realtor especially in this Greater Seattle market where things can go from listed to pending in hours. People are waiving inspections, appraisal contingencies, making all sorts of concessions. Its crazy outchea.

Same...after 4 months of searching in CT and 6-7 offers, finally got one accepted. House had 37 offers on it but our agent was boys with selling agent so we had an in. Had to wave all contingencies, but love the house and the previous owner was a builder, so all the finishes are quality. Happy the search is finally over, now just gotta wait til July to close

Godspeed. Been thinking about do8n the same with the townhouse. Could walk with about 90k bit then what? Buy back into this craziness? The thought of renting and moving twice makes me ill haha

Back
Top Bottom