Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

669omgdvov091.jpg

Dallas and that real estate market seems as terrible as anywhere else in the country. Has one of the highest property tax rates in the country and the chart on the page shows it was valued at just under 400k in 2021.

San jose property is a gur job or reconstruction on the south side depending on which side of 101 your on it would go for much more.

Fremont had a house go for a mill that was uninhabitable. But had an a great 2nd story view if you built it up

I cant imagine how. If so, it would certainly be a hell of a task to get out of them. And that San Jose one is probably gonna end up 750k or something. There was a burned down house somewhere in the Bay that was listed over 800 and sold over a milly just to have to knock it down and rebuilt it.

rawImage.jpg

hmm I think so long as the frame is OK they just rebuild over that & rent it out. you never know about it as a renter unless you do your due diligence, end up w/unexplicable health problems years later

Any experiences having a patio extension installed? Before and after pics appreciated. Have a couple consultations scheduled. Want to do a paver patio extension. Leaning towards concrete pavers vs stone based on cost. Definitely do not want poured concrete due to guaranteed cracking and eventual replacement.

Wife is also now open to artificial turf in the backyard. Hoping I can get a decent quote. Don’t mind cutting grass but hard to keep it looking good in a drought and with a dog without serious commitment.

I think in my case it was mostly labor. Youtube DIY videos make it sound easy, but excavating what's there, re-grading and surfacing what goes under the turf, and then rolling out a 700lb piece of turf to install seamlessly really adds up....

My backyard isn't accessible with a Bobcat, so they would've need more people and time to wheelbarrow everything back and forth.

Okay, so I have a legitimate question (condo owner): turns out the pipe under the main shower I use (I have two) wasn't sealed properly and has basically been slow leaking for 3+ years, likely going back to the previous owner. It eventually punctured a small hole in the ceiling in the shower of the unit below mine and water began leaking. The good news is there's no structural damage as there was only a lot of mold build up and the wood frame appears to be fine (no rot). The contractor had to rip out the entire bathroom ceiling to clean out the mold. The plumber is going to fix the seal this week and then the ceiling will be replaced.

Obviously, I'm going to be on the hook for it, but I'm wondering if because it's been such a long-standing issue if that will negatively affect an insurance claim. This isn't something that could have been detected on an inspection when I bought the place, so there was no way of knowing about it until now.

i can’t even imagine grading by hand and bringing rock in and hauling the old stuff out with a wheelbarrow. :sick:

Yeah that’s the cost right there.

I recently got a quote for artificial turf for the same reason. Dog keeps killing my grass too lol. 480 sq. ft. was gonna cost $9.5k :wow: ...said thanks, but no thanks
Our job would be a similar size. I regret paying for the landscaping option now. Granted we thought we’d have a backyard wedding and didn’t want the dog running around on dirt bringing it in the house.

I can hold off on turf. Have a hard budget of 10k. The patio extension will cover the current pet spots so that would help.

Back
Top Bottom