A bit better..

honda-civic-mugen-rr-experimental-spec.jpg

2003416700579555897_rs.jpg

RR > That
sick.gif

That is an RR.
laugh.gif

That's just a Civic RR.
And the production model doesn't come with all that carbon fiber, but I will admit, that concept is
sick.gif

I'm still disappointed with Honda scrapping the next gen. What's up with Honda and Toyota scrapping all their "sporty" cars. They need to getoff this fuel economic miles per gallon bs. I know we're in a recession in the US, but they can at least continue with one beast of a car.

This NSX looks pretty hot, but too much going on.

Originally Posted by PR0LiFiKz

I'm still disappointed with Honda scrapping the next gen. What's up with Honda and Toyota scrapping all their "sporty" cars. They need to get off this fuel economic miles per gallon bs. I know we're in a recession in the US, but they can at least continue with one beast of a car.

Yep. We're given a pretty slim choice of... STi, Evo, GT-R, Speed3/6, RX-8, 370z...

Yeah.. the CF illustrates tackiness. But the original Civic RR looks a bit more subtle than the NSX RR.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

I'm still disappointed with Honda scrapping the next gen. What's up with Honda and Toyota scrapping all their "sporty" cars. They need to get off this fuel economic miles per gallon bs. I know we're in a recession in the US, but they can at least continue with one beast of a car.

Yep. We're given a pretty slim choice of... STi, Evo, GT-R, Speed3/6, RX-8, 370z...
Meh, you're missing my point. I'm stating how Honda and Toyota who are known for their japanese race heritage, yet they have gone the sourroute of actual family oriented vehicles. For instance, Honda axed the NSX and the Integra/RSX. Toyota axed the Celica, MR2, and the Supra which were at theirtime the sporty cars of the subcompact category minus the Supra of course.

Nissan, Suburu, and Mitsu have done a good job keeping up with that category but they can only do so much. Kinda gets boring when all you see on the road are350/370s and your typical STI and Evos out there. I'm an import fanboy, but I'd like to see more variations out there. Especially in todays market whenthe big 3 domestic manufacturers are struggling.

The CF on that SI is ugly, I'd paint it. It's sad we always get the weaker designs out here in the states. I prefer that sedan SI over the one we gothere.

Originally Posted by mr delorean

who cares? its not like the fast and furious fanboys dont get their quips in on domestics, right?
with the american car industry in shambles, only oblivious folks would defend them.
yea, i think its time for you to crawl out from under the rock. this economic recession is global and US automakers arent the only ones begging to be bailed out after posting losses.
obviously, only a fool would think any country's industries are thriving. it's too late to really get into this, but i'll say that you're bashing a car like the s2000 CR or NSX that will last MUCH longer than any american counterpart. once GM and chrysler really start to come undone, maybe you'll change your tune.
the US counterpart for the nsx would be a base model c6 vette. arguing that a nsx would be more durable, or a more reliable daily driver is lessthan honest.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

mr delorean wrote:

who cares? its not like the fast and furious fanboys dont get their quips in on domestics, right?
with the american car industry in shambles, only oblivious folks would defend them.
yea, i think its time for you to crawl out from under the rock. this economic recession is global and US automakers arent the only ones begging to be bailed out after posting losses.

But you came in dissing the Japanese cars, the most successful cars in the US, maybe even the world first and continue to support the American ones when they're the only automakers in the world that are begging for help.
not accurate. you need to pay closer attention, because toyota needed to be bailed out by japan for decades for its survival.

mr delorean wrote:

finnns2003 wrote:

mr delorean wrote:

yea, i think its time for you to crawl out from under the rock. this economic recession is global and US automakers arent the only ones begging
to be bailed out after posting losses.

But you came in dissing the Japanese cars, the most successful cars in the US, maybe even the world first and continue to support the American ones when
they're the only automakers in the world that are begging for help.
not accurate. you need to pay closer attention, because toyota needed to be bailed out by japan for decades for its survival.

And look at Toyota now compared to Ford.

mr delorean wrote:

finnns2003 wrote:

mr delorean wrote:

yea, i think its time for you to crawl out from under the rock. this economic recession is global and US automakers arent the only ones begging

obviously, only a fool would think any country's industries are thriving. it's too late to really get into this, but i'll say that
you're bashing a car like the s2000 CR or NSX that will last MUCH longer than any american counterpart. once GM and chrysler really start to come undone,
maybe you'll change your tune.

the US counterpart for the nsx would be a base model c6 vette. arguing that a nsx would be more durable, or a more reliable daily driver is less than honest.

Shut up, just shut up. You obviously do not know what you're talking about if you think a Corvette is more reliable than an NSX or performs better than anNSX.

Meh, you're missing my point. I'm stating how Honda and Toyota who are known for their japanese race heritage, yet they have gone the sour route of actual family oriented vehicles. For instance, Honda axed the NSX and the Integra/RSX. Toyota axed the Celica, MR2, and the Supra which were at their time the sporty cars of the subcompact category minus the Supra of course.

Nissan, Suburu, and Mitsu have done a good job keeping up with that category but they can only do so much. Kinda gets boring when all you see on the road are 350/370s and your typical STI and Evos out there. I'm an import fanboy, but I'd like to see more variations out there. Especially in todays market when the big 3 domestic manufacturers are struggling.

The CF on that SI is ugly, I'd paint it. It's sad we always get the weaker designs out here in the states. I prefer that sedan SI over the one we got here.
i wasn't being sarcastic though. that's a very small list, and i too am disappointed in what toyota and honda have done to their carlineups. hell, i'd be driving a honda civic type-r if they sold it in the states, instead of an evo.

I'm guessing Honda and Toyota are focusing more on the general consumer and leaving the sporty stuff to Nissan, Mitsubishi, Subaru, and Mazda.

mr delorean wrote:

finnns2003 wrote:

mr delorean wrote:

But you came in dissing the Japanese cars, the most successful cars in the US, maybe even the world first and continue to support the American ones when
they're the only automakers in the world that are begging for help.

And look at Toyota now compared to Ford.

Japanese automakers are still heavily subsidized by the Japanese government in the forms of funding R&D and keeping a favorable currency rate for exports.

You obviously do not know what you're talking about if you think a Corvette is more reliable than an NSX or performs better than an NSX.
What? A Vette will run circles around an NSX.

Originally Posted by JD617

You obviously do not know what you're talking about if you think a Corvette is more reliable than an NSX or performs better than an NSX.
What? A Vette will run circles around an NSX.

On a STRAIGHT.
laugh.gif

Let's take it out on a track and see who wins.
Keiichi Tsuchiya set the Tsukuba record with the NSX and he said himself the only thing the Corvette is good for is running on a straight line.

Back
Top Bottom